Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305256 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1679: Oct 26, 2017 05:12:40 pm
      Hell be playing either v Huddersfield or Maribor

Yes and if we get a clean sheet, he will be "Back"
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1680: Oct 31, 2017 03:46:42 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/31/liverpool-dejan-lovren-disgusting-death-threats

Of two minds about this "news story."

Of course I have no time for any tw*t making death threats against anyone. If this person can be found, he deserves the full force of the law to appropriately punish him for such an awful statement (even if it is some kid in his parent's cellar).

On the other hand, it kind of seems like the article and Lovren's comment of ā€œhorrible what kind of people we haveā€ before adding in a second image: ā€œI donā€™t mind when people talk sh*t about me, it says more about them!" are mainly meant to draw sympathy. Yes, a fan (not a group of people based on the info in this article) went way over the line and should be dealt with according to law. But this is a different issue than the player's performances and his seeming lack of mental toughness.

And yes, he may well be in the team tomorrow evening...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1681: Oct 31, 2017 03:56:13 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/31/liverpool-dejan-lovren-disgusting-death-threats

Of course I have no time for any tw*t making death threats against anyone. If this person can be found, he deserves the full force of the law to appropriately punish him for such an awful statement (even if it is some kid in his parent's cellar).

On the other hand, it kind of seems like the article and Lovren's comment of ā€œhorrible what kind of people we haveā€ before adding in a second image: ā€œI donā€™t mind when people talk sh*t about me, it says more about them!" are mainly meant to draw sympathy. Yes, a fan (not a group of people based on the info in this article) went way over the line and should be dealt with according to law. But this is a different issue than the player's performances and his seeming lack of mental toughness.

Iā€™m in one frame of mind - if it was my family Iā€™d respond even if the only Avenue was as futile as social media.

Dude just wants to flex and protect.

I get that. 100%.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1682: Oct 31, 2017 04:07:09 pm
      Some right morons out there.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1683: Oct 31, 2017 04:32:57 pm
      Lovren...? What!... Is he still here...??  :f_whistle:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1684: Oct 31, 2017 04:41:06 pm
      Wow...what a big man to threaten someone over social media.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1685: Oct 31, 2017 04:42:01 pm
      End of the day, Lovren for all his misgivings on the pitch is a Red & for our own to make death threats against him & his family is out of line.

Added pressure surely ain't going to help him perform either.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1686: Oct 31, 2017 04:52:04 pm
      Wow...what a big man to threaten someone over social media.

It's ok, suppose it's got better then. Wasn't so long ago players, maybe not playing for the reds, were sent bullets in the post by their own fans.

Still proper gobs***e behaviour sending death threats. Even worse probably some sad f**ker who's never set foot in Anfield and just makes the rest of us look bad.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1687: Oct 31, 2017 05:06:35 pm

And if you look at one of the posts here, there is a moron on here
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1688: Oct 31, 2017 05:11:42 pm
      Hardly surprising that some tw*t goes way over the line when you see posts in the match and player thread calling Lovren a c**t, a w**ker, a disgrace and all the rest of the sh*t that gets thrown at him.

If you don't like him, fine, but the abuse of certain players has gone way beyond what is acceptable, and it's inevitable that some idiot will take it one step further.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1689: Oct 31, 2017 05:13:30 pm

Christ sake mate, if you don't rate somebody fine, but if some F***ing arsehole threatens his family he has every right to be pissed off. To accuse him of looking for sympathy is pretty pathetic in my book. Abuse should never get personal (this forum included) and it has clearly crossed the line, end of, why people have to be so F***ing cynical about everything is beyond me, can't you separate lovren the person and lovren the player
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1690: Oct 31, 2017 05:16:30 pm
      It's ok, suppose it's got better then. Wasn't so long ago players, maybe not playing for the reds, were sent bullets in the post by their own fans.

Still proper gobs***e behaviour sending death threats. Even worse probably some sad f**ker who's never set foot in Anfield and just makes the rest of us look bad.

Correct mate.
      Could it possibly be an even bigger gobs***e from the Manchester area or maybe a bitter, wouldn't bet against it.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1691: Oct 31, 2017 06:12:29 pm
      Not good to hear, although I'm surprised the hit rate of morons was as low as one person in his 800,000 instagram followers if I'm honest.

I assume he didn't believe it was a genuine threat however because if I had believed such a threat I would have gone to the police which he hasn't.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1692: Oct 31, 2017 06:15:29 pm
      Hardly surprising that some tw*t goes way over the line when you see posts in the match and player thread calling Lovren a c**t, a w**ker, a disgrace and all the rest of the sh*t that gets thrown at him.

If you don't like him, fine, but the abuse of certain players has gone way beyond what is acceptable, and it's inevitable that some idiot will take it one step further.

Players have always got abuse, nothing new in that, what isn't acceptable is some little F***ing scrote from Warrington throwing death threats around!!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #1693: Oct 31, 2017 06:28:05 pm
      What did his family do? make us rest of the fans look bad, dont rate dejan but this is going too far.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1694: Oct 31, 2017 06:35:05 pm
      Players have always got abuse, nothing new in that, what isn't acceptable is some little F***ing scrote from Warrington throwing death threats around!!

Just because it's always gone on, doesn't make it right.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1695: Oct 31, 2017 06:41:37 pm
      Just because it's always gone on, doesn't make it right.

Doesn't make it wrong either, if they're playing sh*te, some are gonna tell them they're playing sh*te or shall we just continue to kiss their F***ing arses?

By same token all those hostile atmospheres with abuse dished out to opposing players, I take it they aren't right either?

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2017 06:47:47 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1696: Oct 31, 2017 06:51:55 pm
      Doesn't make it wrong either, if they're playing sh*te, some are gonna tell them they're playing sh*te or shall we just continue to kiss their F***ing arses?

By same token all those hostile atmospheres with abuse dished out to opposing players, I take it they aren't right either?

Banter at a match is one thing, going online and calling players all sorts of names is something else, and leads to daft tw*ts sending death threats etc, because they know they can get away with it.

You'll notice I don't join in with it - never have, never will.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1697: Oct 31, 2017 07:04:46 pm
      Banter at a match is one thing, going online and calling players all sorts of names is something else, and leads to daft tw*ts sending death threats etc, because they know they can get away with it.

You'll notice I don't join in with it - never have, never will.

Oh F***ing behave you beaut, I can remember bluenoses sending bullets in the post to Southall and that was well before the internet was around, so again you're talking sh*te!

When I said it's gone on for ages I was talking about actual grief players get in the ground, which can go all the way back to the likes of Ian Callaghan tail end of his career getting grief, same for Keegan when he announced he was off to Germany and had F**k all to do with what gets said online, half of what gets said online, is mostly the same sh*te people spout in the pub.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1698: Oct 31, 2017 07:09:45 pm
      Oh F***ing behave you beaut, I can remember bluenoses sending bullets in the post to Southall and that was well before the internet was around, so again you're talking sh*te!

When I said it's gone on for ages I was talking about actual grief players get in the ground, which can go all the way back to the likes of Ian Callaghan tail end of his career getting grief, same for Keegan when he announced he was off to Germany and had F**k all to do with what gets said online, half of what gets said online, is mostly the same sh*te people spout in the pub.

I know how long it's gone on for, I was hearing it in the 60's.

Still doesn't make it right.

The point you've missed (again, but no surprise) is that a lot of idiots now have a platform they never had before, and they do it because they know they can get away with it.
      I'd love to see some of these gobby pub tw*ts say something to Tommy Smith or Souness back in the day.

F***ing wannabe hard men who never have to back it up, but sh*t it and run a F***ing mile when it's put up to them.
      Cowardly F***ing cu*ts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1699: Oct 31, 2017 07:15:31 pm
      I know how long it's gone on for, I was hearing it in the 60's.

Still doesn't make it right.

The point you've missed (again, but no surprise) is that a lot of idiots now have a platform they never had before, and they do it because they know they can get away with it.
      I'd love to see some of these gobby pub tw*ts say something to Tommy Smith or Souness back in the day.

F***ing wannabe hard men who never have to back it up, but sh*t it and run a F***ing mile when it's put up to them.
      Cowardly F***ing cu*ts.

Now that I do agree with.

Although you mentioning Souness did have me thinking about Yosser Hughes from Boys from The Blackstuff!!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1700: Oct 31, 2017 07:17:55 pm
      Now that I do agree with.

Although you mentioning Souness did have me thinking about Yosser Hughes from Boys from The Blackstuff!!

One of the hardest men I've seen on a pitch that fella.

You remember when John Wark went past Smith a couple of times as a young lad, and Smith told him if he did it again he'd break his F***ing legs  :laugh:

Listen, the banter at Anfield has reduced grown men on the pitch to tears, as you know, but that's a long, long way from the sh*t that gets thrown out on the internet every day.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1701: Oct 31, 2017 07:59:54 pm
      One of the hardest men I've seen on a pitch that fella.

You remember when John Wark went past Smith a couple of times as a young lad, and Smith told him if he did it again he'd break his F***ing legs  :laugh:

Listen, the banter at Anfield has reduced grown men on the pitch to tears, as you know, but that's a long, long way from the sh*t that gets thrown out on the internet every day.

Yeah but as you know sometimes the sh*t on the internet is from kids who've never seen a proper hardcase footballer, just like this little scrote who has abused Lovren, seen a pic of him and he'd sh*t his pants if he'd given death threats out to the likes of Souness.

Just like the knobheads that use disasters to score points, they think they've got anonymity on the internet, then see their arse when they get outed!!

Quick Reply