Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305170 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1725: Dec 10, 2017 04:20:58 pm
      Can we just delete this thread and pretend he doesn't exist?
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #1726: Dec 10, 2017 04:26:23 pm
      So that’s Watford and now here

Yet he doesn’t get replaced

Those four points he has cost us could really have been crucial

I am sure there is more too, trash
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1727: Dec 10, 2017 04:28:17 pm
      What a loser. To protest like that is so pointless. Take responsibility for your gaff. You ought to be use to it by now. It was soft, sure. But that’s almost always a penalty when a decision has to be made in a matter of seconds. Shame on you for defending that way. Quit being a chump and own it.

The fact that it is correct to play him is shameful. Sadly he is one of the 2 best we have right now. That’s pathetic
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1728: Dec 10, 2017 04:32:37 pm
      Sir Duncealot. Proudly wears his crown of sh*t tonight.

Who will it be next week? Will Dejan hold onto his crown of sh*t or will Mignolet grab it back at the first opportunity?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1729: Dec 10, 2017 05:12:32 pm
      Shouldn't be at our club this has gone on long enough
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1730: Dec 10, 2017 05:33:20 pm
      Was a really soft penalty and in fact in slow mo Lewin clearly dived as he slowed down waiting for contact and of course Lovren duly obliged.
      Not surprised Pawson gave it as he is one of the poorest refs in the league, no great surprise he doesn't get many big games.

An elite level defender would not have been conned that easily by Lewin and certainly would not have had his arm raised looking like he was pushing Lewin in the back, alas we know Lovren is no where near elite level.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1731: Dec 10, 2017 05:50:48 pm
      Was a really soft penalty and in fact in slow mo Lewin clearly dived as he slowed down waiting for contact and of course Lovren duly obliged.
      Not surprised Pawson gave it as he is one of the poorest refs in the league, no great surprise he doesn't get many big games.

An elite level defender would not have been conned that easily by Lewin and certainly would not have had his arm raised looking like he was pushing Lewin in the back, alas we know Lovren is no where near elite level.

His positioning wasn't great at the beginning. The long ball could have been easily intercepted, but he missed the header.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1732: Dec 10, 2017 05:57:18 pm
      Cost the club 5 points in his last 5 Premier League starts.  Simple as that.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1733: Dec 10, 2017 07:47:24 pm
      How he can look his team mates in the eye when he goes in to training each morning is beyond me. Must be embarrassing for the lad.

Should have been fu**ed off a long, long time ago and he isn’t a Liverpool centre back in a million years.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1734: Dec 10, 2017 08:17:04 pm
      His positioning wasn't great at the beginning. The long ball could have been easily intercepted, but he missed the header.

Yeah, I agree, and whilst it wasn't a pen because he dived, why did he put his hands on the back of that c**t? Initially, I didn't blame  him, but the more i think about it, the more I believe he was at fault and the reason why we conceded.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2017 09:20:33 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1735: Dec 10, 2017 09:11:18 pm

Thank you. Some savage brainless fans on this forum. They actually cheer me up with their lack of basic football knoelwdge.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1736: Dec 10, 2017 09:23:34 pm

Apart from 'that', thought he played well.
      But 'that' cost us points. Has been costing us points. And will continue to.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1737: Dec 10, 2017 11:58:22 pm
      Horrible officiating but the thing is, don’t give a bad ref an opportunity to make a bad call. Lovren should have never let that dork get behind him to start with.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1738: Dec 11, 2017 07:56:48 am
      Very, very soft penalty and I’d rather those type weren’t given - even to us - BUT it was there to be given.

The source / origin of the mistake from Lovren is same again.......exactly like him vs Spuds and Moreno a few weeks ago.

There’s a lot to like about his game - he’s quick enough and can pick a pass. The trouble is he just doesn’t have the concentration to play at this level without these brain farts.

He switches off (just for a fraction) and ends up out of shape / line and then can’t resist the rush of blood to overcompensate.

In my opinion it’s almost impossible to change how an individual reacts in that moment to a mistake. That’s complex brain wiring and driven by historical experience. You have to work on the original errors and concentration.

That wasn’t an inch perfect pass into Calvert Lewin - ultimately it was a hopeful ball that Lovren himself made into a good ball.

On a human level I feel for him because he seems like a decent type.

Hopefully January brings a significant upgrade.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1739: Dec 11, 2017 08:33:18 am
      Very, very soft penalty and I’d rather those type weren’t given - even to us - BUT it was there to be given.

The source / origin of the mistake from Lovren is same again.......exactly like him vs Spuds and Moreno a few weeks ago.

There’s a lot to like about his game - he’s quick enough and can pick a pass. The trouble is he just doesn’t have the concentration to play at this level without these brain farts.

He switches off (just for a fraction) and ends up out of shape / line and then can’t resist the rush of blood to overcompensate.

In my opinion it’s almost impossible to change how an individual reacts in that moment to a mistake. That’s complex brain wiring and driven by historical experience. You have to work on the original errors and concentration.

That wasn’t an inch perfect pass into Calvert Lewin - ultimately it was a hopeful ball that Lovren himself made into a good ball.

Completely agree his biggest criticism he just switches off an then to correct his errors just doesn't think.

Yesterday he was ball watching and let CL get a away from him, the ball was punted up and he panicked by missing a easy clearing header and to compound it all as he was probably annoyed with himself he went up way too tight inviting the dive.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1740: Dec 11, 2017 04:58:28 pm
      Day yet and it seems no better!...Was going away from goal too.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1741: Dec 12, 2017 06:29:16 pm

No need to feel so much for him. He just earned a new contract and gets paid millions no matter what. Push or no push, pen or not.

I’m sick and tired of his mistakes. Close to not wanting to see him in our shirt anymore.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1742: Dec 17, 2017 06:24:02 pm
      had a good game today.

to be honest, apart from the everton f*ck up, he improved a lot since Spurs game. He's always going to be a 3rd choice CB for me, decent player.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1743: Dec 17, 2017 06:37:50 pm
      had a good game today.

to be honest, apart from the everton f*ck up, he improved a lot since Spurs game. He's always going to be a 3rd choice CB for me, decent player.

Good game indeed. That anticipation on that header was dope. For all the crap we give him surely we can give him some love today? ‘‘Tis the the season!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1744: Dec 17, 2017 11:31:34 pm
      Bossed it today. Like, really bossed it. Scored a great goal, made no mistakes, stepped into the play with confidence.

Promising.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1745: Dec 18, 2017 11:16:14 am
      Brave header, good goal, if only his defending was up to scratch. Although had a good game on the whole.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #1746: Dec 19, 2017 05:28:02 am
      Excellent goal. That being said, he would have been at fault for Defoe's goal. So...yeah  :P
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2017 05:32:28 am by Flying Squirrel 39 »
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1747: Dec 19, 2017 01:56:40 pm
      Brave header, good goal, if only his defending was up to scratch. Although had a good game on the whole.

Think he has been doing well enough in general ... apart from the odd mistake that costs us points ;)

Quick Reply