Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305252 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #1771: Jan 01, 2018 11:11:46 pm
      Good game today for both Dejan and Klavan and made up they combined for the winner.

I love seeing all that kind of stuff.

Yep and the way they hugged it out, just the two of them, was fantastic to see.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1772: Jan 06, 2018 06:29:56 am
      Saw Lovren is probably on a perjury charge for something he did when moving to Lyon. ESPN said he backdated a contract that allowed him 50% of transfer competition after he moved, but claimed it was signed before. It's part of embezzlement trial or something according to ESPN.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1773: Jan 14, 2018 10:46:34 pm
      Joker covered today by his left full mids and front 3
      Guruji
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts | 55 
      Reply #1774: Jan 15, 2018 01:00:44 am
      Was appointed captain... bigmick's prediction came true ;D
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1775: Feb 04, 2018 01:00:41 am
      I’ll eat these words I’m sure, but I think Lovern has responded way better to the VVD arrival than I thought. I figured he would just shrivel up like he did when the going got tough in the Tottenham game. He looks to be in his best form in a long time. Rather see him partnered with Virgil tomorrow. However, I fully expect to regret say this :lmao:
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1776: Feb 04, 2018 06:37:06 pm
      I’ll eat these words I’m sure, but I think Lovern has responded way better to the VVD arrival than I thought. I figured he would just shrivel up like he did when the going got tough in the Tottenham game. He looks to be in his best form in a long time. Rather see him partnered with Virgil tomorrow. However, I fully expect to regret say this :lmao:

Hopefully you don’t regret it after today’s game. He and VVD were good and so was GK. Positioning and organization were really good. They were let down by their midfield and the dumb ref today.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1777: Feb 04, 2018 08:02:07 pm
      Hopefully you don’t regret it after today’s game. He and VVD were good and so was GK. Positioning and organization were really good. They were let down by their midfield and the dumb ref today.

He was my MOTM until the 91st minute. Looked good
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1778: Feb 04, 2018 09:38:47 pm

The problem is even when he plays well he still has a mistake in him. It was a horrendous mistake for the first penalty.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1779: Feb 04, 2018 11:37:19 pm
      The problem is even when he plays well he still has a mistake in him. It was a horrendous mistake for the first penalty.

No worse then Virgil for the actual penalty that was decisive in the end. Thought Dejan was brilliant today barring the one cock up.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1780: Feb 06, 2018 12:33:26 pm
      Lovren's Instagram post about dele alli is hilarious
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1781: Feb 06, 2018 12:34:31 pm
      No worse then Virgil for the actual penalty that was decisive in the end. Thought Dejan was brilliant today barring the one cock up.

You can’t really be brilliant if you have a cock up. Especially if having one cock up is what everyone always worries about with your play.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1782: Feb 06, 2018 12:34:59 pm
      Lovren's Instagram post about dele alli is hilarious

Can u share mate? I’m not really on instagram (I am but I don’t understand it ;D).
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1783: Feb 06, 2018 12:51:37 pm
      You can’t really be brilliant if you have a cock up. Especially if having one cock up is what everyone always worries about with your play.

I disagree when you take into context the horror show he put on at Wembley and the fact he was up against the hottest striker on the continent. Add to this that folk are pining over VVDs performance when it was if not on par with Dejans with the added error of being culpable for the decisive penalty.

Overall I thought that was our most consistent and dominant performance from the back 4 all season even though the 2 goals don't suggest as such.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1784: Feb 06, 2018 12:54:25 pm
      I disagree when you take into context the horror show he put on at Wembley and the fact he was up against the hottest striker on the continent. Add to this that folk are pining over VVDs performance when it was if not on par with Dejans with the added error of being culpable for the decisive penalty.

Overall I thought that was our most consistent and dominant performance from the back 4 all season even though the 2 goals don't suggest as such.

I disagree re VVD. He was a level up from any our existing centre backs are capable of Sunday and was genuinely unfortunate with the penalty.

There is no pen if Dejan clears it and doesn’t give Kane the chance to dive.
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2018 01:01:44 pm by Scotia »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1785: Feb 06, 2018 01:00:53 pm
      Fairness to Lovren, penalty build up aside, I think he had a pretty solid game, along with VVD. I actually felt more at ease with him and VVD than Matip and VVD so far.

Still expect better on the build up to the penalty but that was far from his worst performance for us and bounced back well after the smashing by Spurs, didn’t seem to let the last game have an impact on him.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1786: Feb 06, 2018 01:08:26 pm
      I disagree re VVD. He was a level up from any our existing centre backs are capable of Sunday and was genuinely unfortunate with the penalty.

There is no pen if Dejan clears it and doesn’t give Kane the chance to dive.

Aye the exact same can be said of VVD not attacking the ball to header it away and avoid the contact with Lamella altogether.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1787: Feb 06, 2018 01:15:37 pm
      Aye the exact same can be said of VVD not attacking the ball to header it away and avoid the contact with Lamella altogether.

Slightly different in my opinion - he’s specifically not challenged in injury time so not to give Llorente a chance to go down.

Thought Souness and Carra were harsh there.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1788: Feb 06, 2018 01:34:19 pm
      Slightly different in my opinion - he’s specifically not challenged in injury time so not to give Llorente a chance to go down.

Thought Souness and Carra were harsh there.

Nah injury time or not doesn't cut it for me there really shouldn't be any such hesitations with a Rolls Royce defender.

Sorry haven't seen Carra or Souness comment it's purely my own observation.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1789: Feb 06, 2018 01:36:51 pm
      Nah injury time or not doesn't cut it for me there really shouldn't be any such hesitations with a Rolls Royce defender.

Sorry haven't seen Carra or Souness comment it's purely my own observation.

Fair enough we’re all different.

I initially thought same but when I watched again I felt Llorente was leaning in slightly and waiting for the contact.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1790: Feb 06, 2018 04:25:04 pm
      https://www.instagram.com/p/Be2p3aKBT5x/

Downgraded to amusing , especially if you are aware of the dele alli video doing the rounds
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1791: Feb 06, 2018 04:32:24 pm
      Can u share mate? I’m not really on instagram (I am but I don’t understand it ;D).

Done if you can access the link above
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1792: Feb 15, 2018 06:51:00 am
      Van Dijk upped Lovren's game big time, I actually prefer Lovren-VVD partnership than Matip-VVD.

He was excellent last night and has been putting in some good performances since his f*ck up at Spurs.
      « Last Edit: Feb 15, 2018 08:20:34 am by Arab Scouse »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1793: Feb 15, 2018 07:40:21 am
      Has Lovren been hitting the gym? Looks more built..

Quick Reply