Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305246 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2024: Aug 12, 2018 10:56:34 am
      So we don't need Lovren now our 2nd best CB next to VVD and one of the best CB's in the World Cup?

Just because you don't like the player and knee jerked off a Google translated article without knowing the full facts.

Clueless.

Knee jerked?

Been saying for months get him out.

If I was you I wouldn't be calling anybody clueless after some of your posts of late :lmao:

My guess is you're 50+ and still think football is played how it was in the 70s. It's also very clear that you don't watch or know much about certain things like players for example by the way you talk about them, yet you still feel the need to write a post talking drivel.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2025: Aug 12, 2018 11:21:37 am
      Knee jerked?

My guess is you're 50+ and still think football is played how it was in the 70s.

Last time I checked football in the 70's was  11 v 11 in a stadium and to win you scored more than the opposition..

What's changed...?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2026: Aug 12, 2018 11:26:37 am
      Knee jerked?

If I was you I wouldn't be calling anybody clueless after some of your posts of late :lmao:

My guess is you're 50+ and still think football is played how it was in the 70s. It's also very clear that you don't watch or know much about certain things like players for example by the way you talk about them, yet you still feel the need to write a post talking drivel.

Lovren was excellent for us since January for the most part yet you keep saying get rid.

The reason Klopp didn't buy a new CB is because he knows how good Lovren can be and how successful a partner he is with VVD he even told the player himself how much he values him.

But you know better than Jürgen I suppose  :roll:

I'm not sure why you are bringing age into this. Are you saying anyone over 50 does not understand the modern game? Quite ageist and ignorant of you but I'm not surprised at that comment. I'm actually a lot younger than that if it even matters.

I have also played football all my life so would like to think I know a bit about the game.

You're arguments are nonsensical for the most part with little basis in reality.

But whatever gets you attention I suppose.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2027: Aug 12, 2018 11:29:38 am
      Last time I checked football in the 70's was  11 v 11 in a stadium and to win you scored more than the opposition..

What's changed...?

I don't get why people come on an Internet forum and try and be a smart arse. 

Are you saying then that the game hasn't changed from the 70s? Is that what you're saying?

Because If you don't believe it has then you're a fool and it's pointless talking to you any further. And if you believe it has then your post is a stupid one and you're trying to be some little smart arse on a forum, which again is pointless talking to you any further.

Recently I've spoken about the way defending has changed for example. It's no longer a contact sport. And you pipe up like 'well we still play in stadiums and we still need to score more goals than the opposition'. Some people on here honestly.

So I'll just leave this one here with you. Have a nice day.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2028: Aug 12, 2018 11:40:09 am
      Lovren was excellent for us since January for the most part yet you keep saying get rid.

The reason Klopp didn't buy a new CB is because he knows how good Lovren can be and how successful a partner he is with VVD he even told the player himself how much he values him.

But you know better than Jürgen I suppose  :roll:

I'm not sure why you are bringing age into this. Are you saying anyone over 50 does not understand the modern game? Quite ageist and ignorant of you but I'm not surprised at that comment. I'm actually a lot younger than that if it even matters.

I have also played football all my life so would like to think I know a bit about the game.

You're arguments are nonsensical for the most part with little basis in reality.

But whatever gets you attention I suppose.

Nobody knows the reason why klopp didn't buy a centre half, including you.

It isn't just me, a lot of reds and loads of them on this forum hoped for a centre half. I would say that you're in the minority if anything wanting to go long term with Lovren. We obviously had other positions that needed strengthening first though and in my opinion we were working on a budget - which is why we didn't sign a 10 either.

Your definition of excellent differs from mine certainly. His performances improved yes and on some occasions I would describe him as very good. He was very good against city in the champions league. But on other occasions his weaknesses still showed too. He is rash and quite often dives in, his positioning is horrendous at times and he always has a mistake in him. He isn't a great centre half at all he's nowhere near one.

I'm not saying that but you in particular are living in the past with some of the things you say. I can just tell a mile off you've never seen some of the players we've signed play for example or if you have it's been very, very brief.  I can respect somebody's opinion and if it differs from mine that's fine, but a lot of what you say doesn't even make sense.

The only person after attention is you. Another person following me from thread to thread, quoting me, arguing for arguments sake.

I'd prefer to sign a proper centre half like van dijk. If that isn't an option then I'd still prefer to go with either Gomez or matip over Lovren.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2029: Aug 12, 2018 11:52:48 am
      Nobody knows the reason why klopp didn't buy a centre half, including you.

It isn't just me, a lot of reds and loads of them on this forum hoped for a centre half. I would say that you're in the minority if anything wanting to go long term with Lovren. We obviously had other positions that needed strengthening first though and in my opinion we were working on a budget - which is why we didn't sign a 10 either.

Your definition of excellent differs from mine certainly. His performances improved yes and on some occasions I would describe him as very good. He was very good against city in the champions league. But on other occasions his weaknesses still showed too. He is rash and quite often dives in, his positioning is horrendous at times and he always has a mistake in him. He isn't a great centre half at all he's nowhere near one.

I'm not saying that but you in particular are living in the past with some of the things you say. I can just tell a mile off you've never seen some of the players we've signed play for example or if you have it's been very, very brief.  I can respect somebody's opinion and if it differs from mine that's fine, but a lot of what you say doesn't even make sense.

The only person after attention is you. Another person following me from thread to thread, quoting me, arguing for arguments sake.

I'd prefer to sign a proper centre half like van dijk. If that isn't an option then I'd still prefer to go with either Gomez or matip over Lovren.

Look I'm not doing this back and forth rubbish with you all season. We differ on opinions on players that's fine.

I have attended games and watched our players in the flesh so it's a bit bizarre for you to suggest I haven't watched the players we've signed. Also I have over 10k posts on here over 10 years so it's safe to say I watch the players regularly.

Truly bizarre comments.

Also Matip has never looked as good as Lovren next to VVD and Gomez is an unknown quantity at CB.  He may well turn out to be a top CB but a long way to go. I disagree completely that both players should start ahead of Lovren next to VVD.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2030: Aug 12, 2018 12:06:58 pm
      Look I'm not doing this back and forth rubbish with you all season. We differ on opinions on players that's fine.

I have attended games and watched our players in the flesh so it's a bit bizarre for you to suggest I haven't watched the players we've signed. Also I have over 10k posts on here over 10 years so it's safe to say I watch the players regularly.

Truly bizarre comments.

Also Matip has never looked as good as Lovren next to VVD and Gomez is an unknown quantity at CB.  He may well turn out to be a top CB but a long way to go. I disagree completely that both players should start ahead of Lovren next to VVD.

Didn't say our players. I said the players we've signed. If you have fair enough, I just found some of your comments baffling and it went further than just having a different opinion to me. Some things I just felt weren't true. But anyway, moving on.

How many games has matip played alongside vvd? Very few. If he can prove his fitness and get a long run alongside him then in my opinion, we will be much steadier at the back.

Going back to when our defence was in complete chaos, matip was the only one who stood out. He was surrounded by crap like Mignolet, Moreno and yep, Dejan Lovren.

Whenever he played last season I actually thought matip was poor but he was in and out the side due to injury and he couldn't find any consistency. I saw enough of him when he first came into the team that makes me believe he's a good centre half and a better one than Lovren. In particular, I think he reads game a lot better than what Lovren does.

I also think Gomez is a better centre half than Lovren too. He has mostly played at full back for us and at times his inexperience has shown and he's been caught out a few times (cross field passes from city which he misjudged and sane getting in behind him come to mind) but he's a very good footballer and I think there is massive potential there for him to play as a cb, and who better to learn your trade from than VVD.

I don't rate Lovren, never have. And even after the best season of his career my mind hasn't changed either. I say this about Henderson too but if we were going to sell him tomorrow I think he's far more likely to end up at somewhere like Watford than he is somewhere like Bayern Munich.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2031: Aug 12, 2018 12:28:37 pm
      Knee jerked?

My guess is you're 50+ and still think football is played how it was in the 70s.
      Excuse me?? Im in that bracket  :lmao: and im on your side  ;D He's a liability
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2032: Aug 12, 2018 12:31:42 pm
      Excuse me?? Im in that bracket  :lmao: and im on your side  ;D He's a liability

Haha I should retract that statement. I didn't mean people aged 50 don't have a clue  :lmao:

I just found some of baz's posts recently a little old fashioned that's all, when we were discussing whether coutinho could defend or not.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2033: Aug 12, 2018 12:40:47 pm
      I don't get why people come on an Internet forum and try and be a smart arse

Wait.....what?  Have you read any of your own posts? :D

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2034: Aug 12, 2018 02:30:38 pm
      Wait.....what?  Have you read any of your own posts? :D

Don't think I've ever quoted anybody on here with sarcastic or smart arse comments.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2035: Aug 12, 2018 10:01:24 pm
      Klopp expects him to be out for 2-3 weeks it seems. He also confirmed it was an injury from last season where he played through it, but it just got worse during the WC.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2036: Aug 12, 2018 11:42:23 pm
      Klopp expects him to be out for 2-3 weeks it seems. He also confirmed it was an injury from last season where he played through it, but it just got worse during the WC.

All the Lovren out knee jerk posters won't be happy to hear this.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2037: Aug 12, 2018 11:58:10 pm
      Don't think I've ever quoted anybody on here with sarcastic or smart arse comments.

No mostly just arrogant, ignorant, patronising and rude comments, not smart at all although quite often an arse.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2038: Aug 13, 2018 12:05:58 am
      All of this Lovren stuff totally missed my radar yesterday.

So before the Torino game he was fit and raring to go and could play 30 minutes right there and then, but a day or so later he's crippled with pain and has been since the World Cup?

Doesn't sound clever behaviour.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2039: Aug 13, 2018 01:39:42 am
      All the Lovren out knee jerk posters won't be happy to hear this.

Doesn’t sound good for Lovren no matter how you slice it. Think Klopp is doing a bit of protection here for him but I would now be worried that this is a recurring injury if he’s had to play through it before. That’s not good because it means it could crop up and affect him at any time. All of he sudden we have VVD and a bunch of injury prone alternatives. Maybe we should have been looking at CBs during the summer?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2040: Aug 13, 2018 08:15:03 am

I'm sorry but this whole 'hiding an injury so we wouldn't buy a CB' is complete fabrication.

He'll be fit in 2 weeks, in no circumstances would we buy another CB because Lovren is injured. We have VvD, Klavan, Gomez, Matip and Phillips along with Lovren. 7 centre backs is too many and 2 weeks on the shelf won't change that. Screw your heads back on.

Inside scoop folks.

Messi signing next week, you heard it here first ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2041: Sep 01, 2018 06:35:37 pm
      Given that he likes to mouth off to the media (not too dissimilar to Mignolet), I hope he'll keep schtum when he comes back from injury and most likely finds himself on the bench behind Gomez. It's always bad news when you get injured but it's even worse news if you're a Liverpool player because Klopp has shown time and time again that if your replacement comes in and performs to expectations then it's a long road back for you in trying to reclaim that spot.

He might feel upset but big deal. Work hard and try to win back your place Dejan because on the evidence of the last couple of weeks, Joe Gomez isn't going away anytime soon.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #2042: Sep 01, 2018 07:44:44 pm
      I hope he'll keep schtum when he comes back from injury and most likely finds himself on the bench behind Gomez.

I hope Klopp is not that kind of a jerk. You don't let an injury lose someone his starting job. Not only is that cheap, it also makes players think twice next time.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2043: Sep 01, 2018 07:51:13 pm
      I hope Klopp is not that kind of a jerk. You don't let an injury lose someone his starting job. Not only is that cheap, it also makes players think twice next time.

I’m confused at what you are trying to say ?

Cheap ? A jerk because he keeps a strong partnership together!

Need to take your head for sh*t
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #2044: Sep 01, 2018 08:05:32 pm
      A jerk because he keeps a strong partnership together!

No, because he'd take away Dejan's starting job because of his injury. That sets a terrible precedent. It's like if your wife goes to hospital for 4 weeks and when she comes back you have a new gal and say 'sorry' to her. You do that to a player and you should not wonder if he treats you 100% business.

Give Lovren the chance to prove he's the man. Gomez will understand it. If Lovren struggles, Gomez can come back and Dejan might give it back to you with 110% effort and total loyality. But maybe I am oldschool here, football has become so dishonorable the last 20 years. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2045: Sep 01, 2018 08:08:52 pm
      No, because he'd take away Dejan's starting job because of his injury. That sets a terrible precedent. It's like if your wife goes to hospital for 4 weeks and when she comes back you have a new gal and say 'sorry' to her. You do that to a player and you should not wonder if he treats you 100% business.

Give Lovren the chance to prove he's the man. Gomez will understand it. If Lovren struggles, Gomez can come back and Dejan might give it back to you with 110% effort and total loyality. But maybe I am oldschool here, football has become so dishonorable the last 20 years.

Sorry but you’re talking nonsense and that’s being polite

Lovren will need to fight and earn a place - it’s not his to be given
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #2046: Sep 01, 2018 08:15:00 pm
      Lovren will need to fight and earn a place - it’s not his to be given

You can do that, but next time Lovren leaves for a better offer you cannot blame him either. It becomes purely business. Most fans want loyal players but treat them like computer game avatars.

Quick Reply