Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305212 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2093: Sep 19, 2018 08:19:08 pm
      Never been to Croatia nor do i know Dejan.

There's some dodgy fuckers on this board though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2094: Sep 19, 2018 09:06:49 pm
      When I saw this my original thought was it was a bit harsh to punish the lad for saying he was the best defender in the world.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2095: Sep 20, 2018 12:39:45 pm
      Got a feeling that Modric will be Dejan's bi*ch if they both end up in the bighouse :laugh:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2096: Sep 20, 2018 01:08:27 pm
      Got a feeling that Modric will be Dejan's bi*ch if they both end up in the bighouse :laugh:

:lmao:

Thanks for that.
      I've got a picture in my head now of them two at it with Lovren shouting "who;s the best defender in the world, bi*ch, say my name bi*ch".

Yes, I have too much time on my hands.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2097: Sep 20, 2018 03:14:56 pm
      :lmao:

Thanks for that.
      I've got a picture in my head now of them two at it with Lovren shouting "who;s the best defender in the world, bi*ch, say my name bi*ch".

Yes, I have too much time on my hands.

Oh dear, that explains quite a lot, what a colourful imagination you must have!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #2098: Sep 20, 2018 03:45:04 pm
      Some posts deleted. Hate to ever go on trial with some of you on the jury.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2099: Sep 20, 2018 05:37:01 pm
      I'm not sure he can escape from going to jail if found guilty. In the past players in Spain averted jail with tax, but this isn't Spain or tax... It's uncharted territory. Does anybody know much? I'm guessing that the Crotians on here would be able to shed light on this.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2100: Sep 20, 2018 09:49:30 pm
      Some posts deleted. Hate to ever go on trial with some of you on the jury.

Not cool.

Is the expectation that we just cop his bullshit insults even when they are personal?!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2101: Sep 20, 2018 10:35:38 pm
      Dejan Lovren: Liverpool centre-back denies perjury allegations

Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren says he "did not commit any criminal offence" after being charged with perjury in Croatia over evidence given in a trial.

Zdravko Mamic, considered the most powerful figure in football in Croatia, was jailed in June for corruption.

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric is suspected of having made false statements during the trial and Lovren has been charged with the same offence.

"With indignation I dismiss all accusations," Lovren said on Instagram.

Lovren, a key member of Croatia's run to the World Cup final, said he learned about the charge after a training session.

"To anyone who wants to ruin my reputation and the reputation of my family, I say it will not succeed," he added.

"I did not commit any criminal offence. I am proud of my life, every step of my life, everything that my family and I have created."

Mamic was found guilty of siphoning off millions of euros in transfer fees when he was an executive at Dinamo Zagreb.

Croatia captain Modric, charged with perjury in March, is accused of making a false statement in June 2017 over details of his transfer from Dinamo to Tottenham in 2008.

Lovren left Dinamo for Lyon in 2010, before joining Southampton in 2013 and Liverpool a year later.

A conviction for perjury carries a maximum jail term of five years.     

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45584560

Well Dejan is adamant he's done F**k all wrong.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #2102: Sep 21, 2018 08:19:14 am
      I'm not sure he can escape from going to jail if found guilty. In the past players in Spain averted jail with tax, but this isn't Spain or tax... It's uncharted territory. Does anybody know much? I'm guessing that the Crotians on here would be able to shed light on this.

it is a specific situation that it is hard to understand. Basically they are after Dinamo boss Mamić who is a big time mafioso (he begin to rose to power between the war, profiting in going from communism to democracy whit privatising national riches -it has been seen in all such transitions).

They charged him but he fled to Bosnia which is not obliged to hand him over to Croatian authorities. When he and Modrić were first called to give a statement they basically told the truth. Mamić had agreements whit them so they received majority of transfer fee and then they had to give it to him (classical money laundry).

You have to understand here that they both have to run away from the war and then all the sudden a guy appears offering solution and taking care of them. It was the only way for them to escape horrors and to build a careers they have now. He saved them but ofcourse not from generosity and because he is such a nice guy. He had a plan all along and he knew he would profit from them eventually (again classic war profiteer case).

When it came to court they both claimed that they do not remember exactly what was happening then, so yes they changed original statement. Why, we can only guess? But it would not surprise me if he threaten theirs families and all of theirs close ones. He has the power to do it and unfortunately he is a cancer in the system so you can't really rely to authorities to protect you properly.

I don't believe they will go to jail for it as they are not real targets there. Maybe some fine or something like that.

As it goes to corruption in country. Yes ofcourse it is present and is higher then in other mature countries. But i believe it is because Croatia is young country and in transition from system to system you just can't go smoothly and anomalies arose as it is a perfect time to do it for them. I hope in time it will get better as you come to mature state of democracy law will eventually prevailed and there will be less opportunities for such a characters.

Hardest thing in all this story is to watch my childhood club Dinamo Zg being demolished. So much money gained from transfers and club is on the same level as in beginning of 90s. Whit fair owners they could now be decent European team whit lovely stadium (not a disgrace that is now) and all the infrastructure needed for one of the best young schools in Europe. But now they are way behind and will struggle to get back on track as the club is drain.

All of this is just my opinion and view on all this matter, it is not necessary to be the ultimate truth so do not take it for fact  ;D ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2103: Sep 21, 2018 09:26:43 am
      Dejan Lovren: Liverpool centre-back denies perjury allegations

Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren says he "did not commit any criminal offence" after being charged with perjury in Croatia over evidence given in a trial.

Zdravko Mamic, considered the most powerful figure in football in Croatia, was jailed in June for corruption.

Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric is suspected of having made false statements during the trial and Lovren has been charged with the same offence.

"With indignation I dismiss all accusations," Lovren said on Instagram.

Lovren, a key member of Croatia's run to the World Cup final, said he learned about the charge after a training session.

"To anyone who wants to ruin my reputation and the reputation of my family, I say it will not succeed," he added.

"I did not commit any criminal offence. I am proud of my life, every step of my life, everything that my family and I have created."

Mamic was found guilty of siphoning off millions of euros in transfer fees when he was an executive at Dinamo Zagreb.

Croatia captain Modric, charged with perjury in March, is accused of making a false statement in June 2017 over details of his transfer from Dinamo to Tottenham in 2008.

Lovren left Dinamo for Lyon in 2010, before joining Southampton in 2013 and Liverpool a year later.

A conviction for perjury carries a maximum jail term of five years.     

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45584560

Well Dejan is adamant he's done f**k all wrong.

Well considering that this Mamic is dodgy as F**k, I hope we can all agree on that one, then Lovren is walking on very thin ice on this one, because the more he denies this the harder the fall will be IF he is proved to have perjured himself.

BTW I would like to apologise if I offended anybody on this thread, I was perhaps a bit insensitive in some of my earlier posts.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2104: Sep 21, 2018 09:31:52 am
      it is a specific situation that it is hard to understand. Basically they are after Dinamo boss Mamić who is a big time mafioso (he begin to rose to power between the war, profiting in going from communism to democracy whit privatising national riches -it has been seen in all such transitions).

They charged him but he fled to Bosnia which is not obliged to hand him over to Croatian authorities. When he and Modrić were first called to give a statement they basically told the truth. Mamić had agreements whit them so they received majority of transfer fee and then they had to give it to him (classical money laundry).

You have to understand here that they both have to run away from the war and then all the sudden a guy appears offering solution and taking care of them. It was the only way for them to escape horrors and to build a careers they have now. He saved them but ofcourse not from generosity and because he is such a nice guy. He had a plan all along and he knew he would profit from them eventually (again classic war profiteer case).

When it came to court they both claimed that they do not remember exactly what was happening then, so yes they changed original statement. Why, we can only guess? But it would not surprise me if he threaten theirs families and all of theirs close ones. He has the power to do it and unfortunately he is a cancer in the system so you can't really rely to authorities to protect you properly.

I don't believe they will go to jail for it as they are not real targets there. Maybe some fine or something like that.

As it goes to corruption in country. Yes ofcourse it is present and is higher then in other mature countries. But i believe it is because Croatia is young country and in transition from system to system you just can't go smoothly and anomalies arose as it is a perfect time to do it for them. I hope in time it will get better as you come to mature state of democracy law will eventually prevailed and there will be less opportunities for such a characters.

Hardest thing in all this story is to watch my childhood club Dinamo Zg being demolished. So much money gained from transfers and club is on the same level as in beginning of 90s. Whit fair owners they could now be decent European team whit lovely stadium (not a disgrace that is now) and all the infrastructure needed for one of the best young schools in Europe. But now they are way behind and will struggle to get back on track as the club is drain.

All of this is just my opinion and view on all this matter, it is not necessary to be the ultimate truth so do not take it for fact  ;D ;D

I can fully understand that the players were being pressurised into doing this when they were young, but being pressurised into doing it now, when they are all multi millionaires with enough money to hire an army of goons to protect their families seems a bit incredulous, plus surely Mamic's power must be severely weakened now anyway.
      Out of interest why would Bosnia be harbouring a criminal in this way, I thought they disliked Croatia or is it Serbia they hate, I honestly can't keep up with the politics of that region, all seems to be a tangled mess with old hatreds still simmering.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #2105: Sep 21, 2018 11:57:40 am
      I can fully understand that the players were being pressurised into doing this when they were young, but being pressurised into doing it now, when they are all multi millionaires with enough money to hire an army of goons to protect their families seems a bit incredulous, plus surely Mamic's power must be severely weakened now anyway.
      Out of interest why would Bosnia be harbouring a criminal in this way, I thought they disliked Croatia or is it Serbia they hate, I honestly can't keep up with the politics of that region, all seems to be a tangled mess with old hatreds still simmering.

it is not easy to understand such things as it is not all black and white. They probably do not see everything from the same angle as other people does. They had unimaginable tough childhood and grooving up in such circumstances changes people. It is easy for us to comment on such things from comfortable seats in our homes. For them it is hard to look away on some things even if they know what it became of them. Also there is a lot of other people involved in story that you just can't protect whit all the money in the world if they are based back home.

As it is for Bosnia it is a country mixed whit Croats, Serbs and Muslims (so you have there three different nationalities and religions). So you could say that Bosnian nationality is just a fiction and the real natives does not exists. It is sad story and difficult to understand even for me, and I live in the region. So can imagine that others have especially difficult time to figure it out ;D ;D 
      « Last Edit: Sep 21, 2018 12:06:28 pm by Red8 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2106: Sep 21, 2018 12:11:21 pm
      it is not easy to understand such things as it is not all black and white. They probably do not see everything from the same angle as other people does. They had unimaginable tough childhood and grooving up in such circumstances changes people. It is easy for us to comment on such things from comfortable seats in our homes. For them it is hard to look away on some things even if they know what it became of them. Also there is a lot of other people involved in story that you just can't protect whit all the money in the world if they are based back home.

As it is for Bosnia it is a country mixed whit Croats, Serbs and Muslims (so you have there three different nationalities and religions). So you could say that Bosnian nationality is just a fiction and the real natives does not exists. It is sad story and difficult to understand even for me, and I live in the region. So can imagine that others have especially difficult time to figure it out ;D ;D 

Thank you, I now understand the situation a bit better, especially regarding Bosnia. I am however still a bit confused about Bosnia and perhaps you can help me out a bit more. If Bosnia is a mix of Serbs, Croats and Muslims then would I be right in thinking that there is a lot of tension there, I mean wasn't that the original problem in the old Yugoslavia which led to it tearing itself apart?
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #2107: Sep 21, 2018 01:32:13 pm
      Thank you, I now understand the situation a bit better, especially regarding Bosnia. I am however still a bit confused about Bosnia and perhaps you can help me out a bit more. If Bosnia is a mix of Serbs, Croats and Muslims then would I be right in thinking that there is a lot of tension there, I mean wasn't that the original problem in the old Yugoslavia which led to it tearing itself apart?

yes unfortunately there are still a lot of tensions and can't see anytime soon that it will end. Hopefully I'm wrong.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2108: Sep 21, 2018 05:57:10 pm
      It sounds to me like Lovren will  have a good case to claim asylum. That will be hard whilst we are still in the EU, but once we leave then UK won't be party to "The Protocol on Asylum for Nationals of Member States" anymore, so UK have the right to grant asylum.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2109: Sep 21, 2018 11:53:09 pm
      Well done mods for removing my posts multiple times now because I refuse to go down silently when I'm being personally insulted. Wasn't long ago the same idiot called me and my country fascists.

You can consider my subscriber days on here to be over.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2110: Sep 22, 2018 10:25:03 am
      Well done mods for removing my posts multiple times now because I refuse to go down silently when I'm being personally insulted. Wasn't long ago the same idiot called me and my country fascists.

You can consider my subscriber days on here to be over.

Don't let them win mate sadly we have to put up with these idiots these days. Just complain to the Mods they do a good job but need to be aware of inflammatory posts which are designed just to wind people up.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2111: Sep 22, 2018 11:57:30 am
      Don't let them win mate sadly we have to put up with these idiots these days. Just complain to the Mods they do a good job but need to be aware of inflammatory posts which are designed just to wind people up.

Not sure it's wise to call the mods idiots, I think they do a great job.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2112: Sep 22, 2018 12:43:24 pm

whatever it is don't give up you day job comedy just isn't your thing.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2113: Sep 22, 2018 01:15:00 pm

You stirring the sh*t pot again?...I've not read a post where Dadorious has called any Mod an idiot..He referred to you as the idiot..
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2114: Oct 08, 2018 08:08:56 am
      Great performance from Dejan.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #2115: Oct 08, 2018 08:41:30 am

Gotta admit I felt a bit nervous when I saw him in the starting XI today but he was fantastic.

Quick Reply