Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305154 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2116: Oct 08, 2018 10:38:24 am
      Gotta admit I felt a bit nervous when I saw him in the starting XI today but he was fantastic.

Ditto mate. Was nervous as F**k but he played a ripper.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #2117: Oct 08, 2018 04:10:02 pm
      Gotta admit I felt a bit nervous when I saw him in the starting XI today but he was fantastic.

This :D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2118: Oct 08, 2018 05:36:40 pm
      He had a fantastic game. He was a beast. I think that not think about the other player next to him made a massive differences.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2119: Oct 08, 2018 06:29:38 pm
      considering his difficulties since the WC I thought he was brilliant and another good option to have.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2120: Oct 08, 2018 07:01:20 pm
      I'm not sure. There were times we were lucky not to concede more penalties with Lovren.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2121: Oct 08, 2018 07:20:01 pm
      Would’ve been very unfortunate if a penalty had been given for the collision with Aguero.

Reminded me a bit of the Lamela incident in the 2-2 last year with big Virgil so maybe we were due that.

Otherwise he’d a smashing game.

Worth remembering that - as Jürgen says - he’s an elite centre half........if he can just work on his concentration and reactions after an error........
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2122: Oct 08, 2018 07:21:44 pm
      Would’ve been very unfortunate if a penalty had been given for the collision with Aguero.

It was a really close one - when I saw it in real time, thought it was a peno.
      If given, we'd be bemoaning another mistake from him.
      As it is, think he's topped the MOTM poll.
      Fine lines...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2123: Oct 08, 2018 07:31:30 pm
      Fine lines...

Agreed.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2124: Oct 08, 2018 11:03:05 pm
      Fine lines...

Good call mate.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2125: Oct 09, 2018 12:45:13 am
      Fine lines...
      Had it been given would it have been right to bemoan? Seconds earlier he cut out a dangerous ball with a diving header which flew to Gomez who reacted poorly and played it straight back to Aguero.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2126: Oct 14, 2018 01:46:25 pm
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2127: Oct 16, 2018 11:44:33 pm
      There could be light at the end of the tunnel for some of you he's been linked with Barca in January.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2128: Oct 17, 2018 06:10:06 pm
      Interesting to see him linked to Barca then again a lot of our players have been linked over the past couple weeks (Moreno and Firmino). As far as potential of Dejan it would be tough see it happening unless (a) they offer silly money or (b) he wants to push the move which he did to come to us.

I expect him over the next run of 6 games to start half of them, especially after the great performance he put in vs Citeh before the break and VvD carrying that knock.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2129: Oct 18, 2018 06:02:26 am
      Interesting to see him linked to Barca then again a lot of our players have been linked over the past couple weeks (Moreno and Firmino). As far as potential of Dejan it would be tough see it happening unless (a) they offer silly money or (b) he wants to push the move which he did to come to us.

I expect him over the next run of 6 games to start half of them, especially after the great performance he put in vs Citeh before the break and VvD carrying that knock.

Well Barca signed Vermalen so Lovren has every chance. They sign some strange CB choices
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2130: Oct 18, 2018 06:04:47 am
      Well Barca signed Vermalen so Lovren has every chance. They sign some strange CB choices

Difference there is he went there on a free and was a known injury crock. Lovren is probably targeted for a more regular starting role with Umtiti as Pique winds down. Something Mina was supposed to be last season but didn't work out.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2131: Oct 25, 2018 08:23:44 pm
      I think I might be the only one to think Lovren should be ahead of Gomez?

I get it, Gomez has been exceptional and is probably one of the best young CB's in world football, but I find he makes more mistakes than Lovren, though it's understandable as he is still young and takes more risks, but I just feel with Lovren in his peak and more experienced, he is still the stronger defender.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2132: Oct 25, 2018 09:13:05 pm

I get it, Gomez has been exceptional and is probably one of the best young CB's in world football, but I find he makes more mistakes than Lovren, though it's understandable as he is still young and takes more risks, but I just feel with Lovren in his peak and more experienced, he is still the stronger defender.
      Entitled to your opinion but I think Gomez on this season's showings is ahead by some distance looks far more assured and is quicker as well.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2133: Oct 25, 2018 10:00:03 pm

Think de ligt is first choice as a new cb, kid is going to be a superstar
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2134: Oct 25, 2018 10:27:08 pm

I see what you mean especially if you value the way we performed in that run to Kiev which all of us do. I had a lot of admiration for the way Lovren performed in the second half of the season especially in that big tie with City (maybe my favourite CL two legged tie ever). And he helped his side get to the World Cup Final as well so he's had an excellent 2018, a stark contrast to the utterly dire performances he was putting in about this time last year where he was the butt of everyone's jokes and a totally pitiful figure. As you say, experience is important and is understandable why you'd give him the nod and I'm probably with you on preferring Lovren against tougher opponents. And yet the only way

It has to be said though, Lovren's tendency to mouth off in the media is a distraction at best, unpleasant at worst. For sure he's no Mignolet or Martin f**king Skrtel in that department but he shouldn't follow their leads in that, like those two, he has been given enough chances to prove himself in spite of some pretty horrendous performances. The only difference being is that Lovren has repayed it with some excellent performances unlike Mignolet and that fool Skrtel who continued to repay second/third/fourth chances with their usual brand of f**k uppery football.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2135: Nov 15, 2018 07:53:59 pm
      Just on the end of a shocking tackle in the 5th minute of Croatia vs Spain game from Ceballos.

Really went for him no doubt under instruction from Ramos after Dejans latest comments. 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2136: Nov 16, 2018 02:56:28 am
      Well that was exciting. Croatia with the winner in the dying seconds of the game.

Lovren was furious with the Spaniards for not wanting to shake hands after the match and let it known in a post match video. He reminded Ramos of his pre match comments  where he was baited by Ramos and  called him a pussy. Also got a good elbow on him during the match if it was anyone else I would condone but given it's Ramos, good on you Dejan.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2137: Nov 16, 2018 08:05:14 am
      Well that was exciting. Croatia with the winner in the dying seconds of the game.

Lovren was furious with the Spaniards for not wanting to shake hands after the match and let it known in a post match video. He reminded Ramos of his pre match comments  where he was baited by Ramos and  called him a pussy. Also got a good elbow on him during the match if it was anyone else I would condone but given it's Ramos, good on you Dejan.

Did the Spanish players really refuse to shake hands after the match, that's outrageous. My hatred of Ramos only grows, he really is a horrible human being, proper scumbag.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2138: Nov 16, 2018 08:27:48 am
      Did the Spanish players really refuse to shake hands after the match, that's outrageous. My hatred of Ramos only grows, he really is a horrible human being, proper scumbag.

The only one to shake hands was Morata. The others fu**ed off, Busquets also ripped Perisics shirt pulling him inside the box.

Comments from Lovren were brilliant and directly aimed at Ramos. Loose translation goes something like "yea 3-2, 3-2 maestro (referring to Ramos) now you go talk sh*t to the media, pussy".

Quick Reply