Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305239 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2139: Nov 16, 2018 08:30:04 am
      The only one to shake hands was Morata. The others fu**ed off, Busquets also ripped Perisics shirt pulling him inside the box.

Comments from Lovren were brilliant and directly aimed at Ramos. Loose translation goes something like "yea 3-2, 3-2 maestro (referring to Ramos) now you go talk sh*t to the media, pussy".

You know what I love that - bit of passion is what life’s all about.

We aren’t emotionless automatons.

Big man is great.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2140: Nov 16, 2018 08:36:44 am
      The only one to shake hands was Morata. The others fu**ed off, Busquets also ripped Perisics shirt pulling him inside the box.

Comments from Lovren were brilliant and directly aimed at Ramos. Loose translation goes something like "yea 3-2, 3-2 maestro (referring to Ramos) now you go talk sh*t to the media, pussy".

I like that from Dejan, if there is any player I'd wish a career ending compound fracture on then its Ramos, something bad and nasty about that guy.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2141: Nov 16, 2018 11:13:53 am
      I like that from Dejan, if there is any player I'd wish a career ending compound fracture on then its Ramos, something bad and nasty about that guy.

Normally this would be a awful thing to say and wish on someone else. However, in this case it’s due an upvote. I’d watch Ramos bone come through his skin with jubilant ecstasy
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2142: Nov 16, 2018 12:34:13 pm
      You know what I love that - bit of passion is what life’s all about.

We aren’t emotionless automatons.

Big man is great.

Yep, but that same passion, not properly channeled is what leads to his massive brain farts.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2143: Nov 16, 2018 12:41:39 pm
      Yep, but that same passion, not properly channeled is what leads to his massive brain farts.

For me - with Degsy - it’s less the initial brain fart that was the concern......

What used to drive me nuts was that he would then repeatedly over-compensate and make more, bigger errors.

That I would 100% agree was that passion mid-directed.

In fairness - he’s not been doing that the same since Spurs at Wembley which was the issue in a microcosm.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2144: Nov 16, 2018 01:11:30 pm
      For me - with Degsy - it’s less the initial brain fart that was the concern......

What used to drive me nuts was that he would then repeatedly over-compensate and make more, bigger errors.

That I would 100% agree was that passion mid-directed.

In fairness - he’s not been doing that the same since Spurs at Wembley which was the issue in a microcosm.

Absolutely.
      I've said the same thing myself on many occasions about over compensating.

There's a player in there, and a damn fine one, the problem is between his ears.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2145: Nov 16, 2018 01:50:57 pm
      Absolutely.
      I've said the same thing myself on many occasions about over compensating.

There's a player in there, and a damn fine one, the problem is between his ears.
      this phrase "there's a player in there" that's obvious. I heard countless idiot pundits say that. Problem is he's an error prone player, that's not going to change. He's usually good enough though.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2146: Nov 16, 2018 02:55:57 pm
      I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of Dejan . I think he has improved a lot this last season and he is making less glaring mistakes.
      Hope he stays and keeps improving his game we need his passion.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2147: Dec 06, 2018 10:50:09 pm
      Time for Lovren to step up and have a storming December and January
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2148: Dec 07, 2018 01:38:26 am
      Must start now. I don't wan't to see Matip in the starting squad ever again.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2149: Dec 08, 2018 03:20:34 am
      Incredibly prone to knocks and niggles in our Dejan.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2150: Dec 12, 2018 10:29:03 pm
      There's a good chance Lovren will start with VVD suspended in next CL game. Lovren was static and let the opposition get the ball way to easily yesterday. Thank goodness for Alisson.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #2151: Dec 13, 2018 03:15:48 pm
      Lovren was pretty good last season after the January. Alongside VVD he bossed it in the CL final. Pretty sure he can do the job agian.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2152: Dec 17, 2018 07:23:42 pm
      Not to take anything from the excellent Virgil on the night but I think Dejan deserves huge praise also after the United performance.

According to some on here and after our loss  to United at OT he couldn't handle a big man upfront, put those ghosts behind him by making light work of Lukaku.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2153: Dec 17, 2018 07:31:42 pm
      Not to take anything from the excellent Virgil on the night but I think Dejan deserves huge praise also after the United performance.

According to some on here and after our loss  to United at OT he couldn't handle a big man upfront, put those ghosts behind him by making light work of Lukaku.

I thought he had another decent game agre with that mate.

However it seemed to me like Lukaku was pulling onto big Virg most of the game.

A pretty cowardly way of hiding I thought myself - worked for us on the day though.

He’s a mystery to me Lukaku - just seems like he’s missing that real X factor that takes players from good to great. The raw materials are there......
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2154: Dec 17, 2018 09:25:43 pm

He was decent and solid but I'm personally starting to see very early on just how much Gomez is adding to that partnership that was already excellent with Lovren/VVD. The decision making on the ball from Joe is superior and makes every pound in his body count in a way that Lovren doesn't quite do. An excellent partnership Lovren has with Virgil. But it is on another level with Joe there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2155: Dec 19, 2018 11:24:16 pm
      If there’s one player who should keep quiet it’s Lovren. He spoke too much about being one of the best defenders in the world and it didn’t end well. Now he has said about us going the season unbeaten, I was already slightly concerned about the Wolves game, now Sod’s law they will go and beat us.

Just keep your mouth shut and play football lad!! Talks far too much, whether it’s about his ability, Ramos, the team and generally anything.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2156: Dec 20, 2018 12:03:34 am
      If there’s one player who should keep quiet it’s Lovren. He spoke too much about being one of the best defenders in the world and it didn’t end well. Now he has said about us going the season unbeaten, I was already slightly concerned about the Wolves game, now Sod’s law they will go and beat us.

Just keep your mouth shut and play football lad!! Talks far too much, whether it’s about his ability, Ramos, the team and generally anything.

Christ, he said hopefully stay unbeaten yet i read these headlines about lovren making sensational claim etc. The only sensational thing is the utterly ridiculous way these comments have been reported even by Liverpool fan sites.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2157: Dec 20, 2018 12:20:44 am
      Christ, he said hopefully stay unbeaten yet i read these headlines about lovren making sensational claim etc. The only sensational thing is the utterly ridiculous way these comments have been reported even by Liverpool fan sites.

Just don’t even say it, he talks too much. There’s no point saying stuff like that, one game at a time and there’s a long way to go. You don’t see Klopp saying such things, or anyone else.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2158: Dec 20, 2018 12:24:06 am
      Just don’t even say it, he talks too much. There’s no point saying stuff like that, one game at a time and there’s a long way to go. You don’t see Klopp saying such things, or anyone else.

I just people to actually make the effort to report what was actually said
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #2159: Dec 20, 2018 02:04:24 am

Wait...

Lovren said:

Hopefully we can be unbeaten until the end of the season. Of course it will be a challenge but this is what we want, this is why we came here to Liverpool, because we know we can do it. Is it possible? Arsenal did it before so why not?"

Firmino recently said:

“December is always a special month in the Premier League. There are a lot of games and it is often a decisive month in terms of the championship. This is a very important month for Liverpool.

Of course it’s very difficult to stay unbeaten in this league. We’ll only do it with hard work. That’s what we’ve been doing until now, including going back right to the start when we came back for pre-season.

We need to keep focused and fighting until the end to reach our goals and see where that gets us by the end of the season.

This team has lofty ambitions and aims high. We are going for titles, we are a big club, we are always fighting for trophies. We’ll continue playing well, the way we are, and we’ll see where it gets us.”

Much difference? Firmino also talking of remaining unbeaten.. and even winning the Premier League..  :f_doh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2160: Dec 20, 2018 03:30:48 am
      Wait...

Lovren said:

Firmino recently said:

Much difference? Firmino also talking of remaining unbeaten.. and even winning the Premier League..  :f_doh:

Fair enough, didn’t see that. Don’t agree with Bobby saying it either although he hasn’t specifically said winning the premier league, just that aims are high and see where it gets us.

Your missing my general point though, which is about Lovren. He talked too much about the Champions League final and World Cup making him one of the best in the world, too much about Ramos and now this. It seems whenever he gets back in the team he has something to say.
      Difference between him and Bobby is that Bobby actually backs up what he says in his performances, often when Lovren starts talking he follows it up with a crap performance and showing his weaknesses mentally. That is my issue. Lovren is a player who needs to keep his head down and just concentrate on his football because at the moment, he is the weak link in our defence and probably the one the oppositions are going to be looking to get at, so leave the talking to others and just concentrate on his game.
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2018 03:35:30 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2161: Dec 20, 2018 09:06:13 am
      Must admit i'd prefer if he kept quiet on such things as well. The press are fully of the belief that City are nailed on for the title and we're sitting top for the short-term. That narrative will change the longer we can stay there and with that will come greater pressure and scrutiny but in the mean-time i'd prefer the players remain very humble and follow the lead of the manager who plays every media question with the straightest of bats. If Klopp is asked about gong unbeaten he will tell the reporter to stop being ridiculous or words to that effect.

Quick Reply