Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305229 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2231: Jan 01, 2019 06:42:50 pm
      I just didn’t see your reply until yesterday have had hardly any time to even check the forum with life at this time of year getting in the way.

Oh yeah I had a great night celebrating doesn’t look like you did as your posting on the forum at 1am. Don’t bother giving me any advice thanks not going to take any from someone who knowingly continoues to support and allow that f**king  xenophobe to spout his sh*t on here.
      how can you even accuse of xenophobia after this comment.

Was feeding those balls beautifully all night.

Wanted him to score and celebrate with the eagle maybe in Belgrade.
      I'm not an expert, but I read those celebrations were in support of a break away nation based on ethnicity? Regardless, football and politics shouldn't be mixed. Think about that before accusing others of xenophobia when some of your views posted would make some people think you are a nationalist. How you got away with that on this forum, along with your accusations of Clyne bring a sex offender, then you have the nerve to try and take the moral high-ground?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2232: Jan 01, 2019 07:22:52 pm
      We need Dejan more now than ever and he is doing so well for us it a pleasure to see the big man influencing our team in a positive way scoring a goal and getting the penalty is just perfect. We have some team here now
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2233: Jan 01, 2019 09:46:23 pm
      I know Dejan divides opinion but I love him.

He backs himself, seems to be a big character in the dressing room and also seems to love playing for the club.

A much better defender than his detractors give him credit for as well.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2234: Jan 01, 2019 10:42:36 pm

He backs himself, seems to be a big character in the dressing room and also seems to love playing for the club.

Not sure he divides opinion that much, right now all fans would have him in the starting line up. When Gomez is back I'd have him starting though.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2235: Jan 01, 2019 10:51:08 pm
      how can you even accuse of xenophobia after this comment.
      I'm not an expert, but I read those celebrations were in support of a break away nation based on ethnicity? Regardless, football and politics shouldn't be mixed. Think about that before accusing others of xenophobia when some of your views posted would make some people think you are a nationalist. How you got away with that on this forum, along with your accusations of Clyne bring a sex offender, then you have the nerve to try and take the moral high-ground?

You’re far from it soft lad. My comments on Clyne never accused him of being a sex offender it was speculation on social media that originated from a non English source. Would you believe that non English speaking media write about the premier league and its players? I didn’t make it up  nor did I post the link as I thought it was speculation and dismissed it as such.

Anyway Dejan Lovren quality CB, Klopp says so who am I to disagree?
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #2236: Jan 02, 2019 07:31:50 am
      Anyone see what Mo whatsapped Dejan on New Year? Go check out Lovrens Instagram page, it’s a cracker :D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2237: Jan 02, 2019 09:47:14 am
      Anyone see what Mo whatsapped Dejan on New Year? Go check out Lovrens Instagram page, it’s a cracker :D
      Pretty funny!
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #2238: Jan 02, 2019 03:08:32 pm

Also.. he keeps Salah happy!  ;D
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2239: Jan 02, 2019 07:22:12 pm
      Dejan going to be a vital player for us this season as VVDs partner I feel. With Gomez injured he's rightly next in line and up to now he's doing very well.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #2240: Jan 03, 2019 10:24:58 pm
      Needs to keep his mouth shut though. Saw earlier today that he had given another interview in sense of "we can go on to be the invincibles".

If you're gonna do the talk, then have the balls to give a good performance when the time demands, which he quite clearly didnt, today.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2241: Jan 03, 2019 10:26:19 pm
      Needs to keep his mouth shut though. Saw earlier today that he had given another interview in sense of "we can go on to be the invincibles".

He didn't. It was the same interview from a few weeks back played again just to stir sh*t.

Lovren saying something doesn't affect what happens on the pitch in any way shape or form.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2242: Jan 03, 2019 10:28:58 pm

If you're gonna do the talk, then have the balls to give a good performance when the time demands, which he quite clearly didnt, today.

What he says has F**k all to do with it.

He wasn’t brilliant tonight but they won because of their quality not because of big Degsy.

Hendo also getting stick when he was by a long way the best of the starting 3.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #2243: Jan 03, 2019 10:34:16 pm
      Nope for me. You never see any other squad member talking like him. You guys don't have a problem with, then it's fine. But, I don't like these kind of sh*t talk, if you can't back it up.

Today, the team needed strong performance from him, and he didn't give one.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2244: Jan 03, 2019 10:40:43 pm
      Nope for me. You never see any other squad member talking like him. You guys don't have a problem with, then it's fine. But, I don't like these kind of sh*t talk, if you can't back it up.

Thats it nailed on. Talk the big bollox go back it up
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2245: Jan 03, 2019 10:45:28 pm

who would you pick in his place we don't have Joe or Joe? what about Mo he was awful tonight as was Mane they just didn't keep the ball and the pressure kept coming back because the didn't hold it up and take the pressure off. He got caught out by Aguero but so did Alisson on his near post which is a no no for a goalkeeper.
      So come on you tell us who should play there
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2246: Jan 03, 2019 10:47:36 pm
      Thought he was culpable for both goals today and generally very poor throughout.

Most of City’s dangerous attacks came from our right hand side because he just can’t cover for Trent like VVD does on the other side.

Bench player in reality.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2247: Jan 03, 2019 10:48:19 pm
      who would you pick in his place we don't have Joe or Joe? what about Mo he was awful tonight as was Mane they just didn't keep the ball and the pressure kept coming back because the didn't hold it up and take the pressure off. He got caught out by Aguero but so did Alisson on his near post which is a no no for a goalkeeper.

I don’t think there’s anything to fault the goalie for mate it went over him like a rocket rather than inside him.

Even Degsy I think it looked worse because you could see Aguero’s movement and sense it happening from the telly.

His biggest issue was the daft booking in my opinion. He had to stand off then and let their forwards gather. Kompany didn’t do that, nor did Stones.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #2248: Jan 03, 2019 10:50:08 pm

Eh? Mo has been banging in for fun. Even whilst being awful, he made that pass to Mane that he almost scored, and was denied by a world class save by Ederson in the second half.

What is this question of " who do you play"?
      He is only playing because the other two are injured, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten a sniff at the starting XI with the way Joe was performing.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #2249: Jan 03, 2019 11:09:01 pm
      Why was VVD livid with him at the end?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #2250: Jan 03, 2019 11:28:12 pm
      I'm not a fan of Lovren, and he wasn't great tonight, but there's no point moaning about him now. Joe and Joel are both out. He's effectively our 4th choice CB, and as 4th choice CBs go he is better than most. I'm happy enough for him to be in the squad as a back up, as long as he's not keeping out better CBs like Gomez, which he's not.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2251: Jan 03, 2019 11:29:54 pm
      Why was VVD livid with him at the end?

Think playing a straight rather than angle ball into the box..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2252: Jan 03, 2019 11:30:10 pm
      Think playing a straight rather than angle ball into the box..

Spot on
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #2253: Jan 03, 2019 11:37:23 pm
      Although I feel some criticism of Lovren’s performance tonight is justified, some of it I feel is harsh.

Any defender in the world will be given a tough game by the likes of Aguero and Sane. City’s goals were nothing short of class. Apart from a few occasions when Lovren’s positioning was wrong, he had an OK game.

Do I feel like the outcome of the game would’ve been different if Gomez was playing in his place? No, I don’t think so in all honesty.

Quick Reply