Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Dejan Lovren (Liverpool > Zenit St Petersburg)

Read 305159 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Dejan Lovren Player Thread
      Reply #2507: Mar 02, 2020 09:17:11 pm
      The blame solely attached to him for the first goal was staggering if I am honest

So you guys would be OK to rest Virgil and Joe for a few games and start Lovren and Matip instead, no, thought not.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2508: Mar 02, 2020 10:11:40 pm
      So you guys would be OK to rest Virgil and Joe for a few games and start Lovren and Matip instead, no, thought not.
      [/quote

What are you papping on about . Am I saying he is good enough ? Am I saying he played well ? No I am saying he wasnt solely to blame for the goals and the defeat and your F***ing silly arguement that it was his fault he man marked someone and shouldn't have is truly F***ing comical . Give it a rest you are boring me now with your petty childish arguement about someone who the consensus knows is probably  not good enough is getting boring now
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2509: Mar 03, 2020 10:11:16 am
      [/quote

What are you papping on about . Am I saying he is good enough ? Am I saying he played well ? No I am saying he wasnt solely to blame for the goals and the defeat and your f**king silly arguement that it was his fault he man marked someone and shouldn't have is truly f**king comical . Give it a rest you are boring me now with your petty childish arguement about someone who the consensus knows is probably  not good enough is getting boring now

My comment was not just directed at you, I have said previously the whole team played sh*t against Watford, but I think a lot of it stemmed form the instability which Lovren brought to the team. Anyway, I'm also bored of this topic now, I want to look forward to the game tonight and a chance to get back to winning ways.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2510: Mar 03, 2020 11:31:14 am

My comment was not just directed at you, I have said previously the whole team played sh*t against Watford, but I think a lot of it stemmed form the instability which Lovren brought to the team. Anyway, I'm also bored of this topic now, I want to look forward to the game tonight and a chance to get back to winning ways.

many of us are bored stiff of your comments you seem  to be sharpening your knives during every game what a pity it took 44 league games for you to get them out and use them .....idiot . If you back track much more you'll end up back in the womb
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2511: Mar 03, 2020 12:49:32 pm
      many of us are bored stiff of your comments you seem  to be sharpening your knives during every game what a pity it took 44 league games for you to get them out and use them .....idiot . If you back track much more you'll end up back in the womb

what on earth are you wittering on about now, what is it that I'm backtracking about in your opinion, did I use to praise Lovren or something?

If you actually bothered to read my posts, rather that just seeing them as some sort of red rag, then you'd see that yes I'm disappointed with the Watford result and several games prior to it, but that I have full confidence that the team will bounce back and that it is truly a remarkable achievement to have gone 44 games unbeaten and 18 straight wins with the highest PPG that any team has done in such an unbeaten run.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2512: Mar 03, 2020 03:41:26 pm
      I don't see Lovren as a reliable back up, should go to a mid table team to get regular games where he will be decent again, but certainly not Liverpool standards. Matip can come in and generally be a reliable CB, Lovren can't.

We went through this with Gomez and Matip this season as well when they were coming back that they had to play to find their form. I think when Lovren playing well he can do a job like we seen earlier this season when he started a few games over October and November which is what you want your 4th CB to be able to do.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2513: Mar 03, 2020 04:03:31 pm
      We went through this with Gomez and Matip this season as well when they were coming back that they had to play to find their form

Think itā€™s a bit different for Gomez, heā€™s still only 21/22 and has been dealing with injuries for a large part of his career with us, think the longest spell he had playing week in week out was up until he broke his ankle against Burnley last season so itā€™s almost to be expected he would need a run of games to get back to his consistent level.

Where as Lovren and Matip are both experienced players now, I think when you get to a certain point in your career you have to be able to come straight back into the team and deliver a good performance without having to play a few games first. Obviously if youā€™ve been out for a long time with something like an ACL or broken leg itā€™s a bit different but with Lovren and Matip itā€™s often a collection of constant small injuries. But even when theyā€™ve not been playing as a result of injury, just canā€™t get into the team which has largely been the case with Lovren since Shrewsbury, Iā€™d expect him to come in and play to a much better standard. He knows what level he needs to be at when coming into the team, he has played 400-500 games in his career so he should be at a point now where if he isnā€™t playing for however long, then when we need him to step in then he shows his experience and deliver, much like Milner has done over the years.

IMO we canā€™t be having 2 experienced CBā€™s that need 4,5,6 games in order to find a level of consistency because what happens if we lose Virgil and Joe at the same time? We end up with 2 experienced players struggling and putting in a performance like they did vs Shrewsbury together because they need a run of games. It can be very costly.

For me Lovren has to go in the summer and we need to bring someone in who has some experience about him and that can be relied upon to fill in and deliver straight away.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2514: Mar 03, 2020 05:33:40 pm
      Yeah some on here should have a look or read of the presser from JĆ¼rgen. His words should be gospel to all fans given his status. If heā€™s good enough for him heā€™s good enough for me same goes for any player he picks.

Klopp says ā€œLovren is sh*te and heā€™s never starting him ever again. Oh and by the way, would anyone like to give us Ā£20m for him in the summer"

Thereā€™s one good reason why Klopp might still want to talk him up.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2515: Mar 03, 2020 05:51:18 pm
      Klopp says ā€œLovren is sh*te and heā€™s never starting him ever again. Oh and by the way, would anyone like to give us Ā£20m for him in the summer"

Thereā€™s one good reason why Klopp might still want to talk him up.

possibly because he knows destroying people in public or someone he has worked with for 4 years isn't smart in any scenario he would have got rid just like Sakho if he didn't think he could do a job.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2516: Mar 03, 2020 07:08:15 pm
      Not even on the bench tonight. Telling.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2517: Mar 03, 2020 07:08:53 pm
      possibly because he knows destroying people in public or someone he has worked with for 4 years isn't smart in any scenario he would have got rid just like Sakho if he didn't think he could do a job.

Well thatā€™s a poor comparison. Sakho wasnā€™t removed from the team and sold because of performance, it was his attitude. As far as Lovren goes, heā€™s far from hitting the heights in ability but you canā€™t fault his professionalism.

Baffled why youā€™ve tried to use the Sakho situation as a comparison. Klopp isnā€™t going to come out and slate his player in the media because whatā€™s said behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors. Whether Lovren is sold or not this summer will determine the opinion on Lovren going forward.
      Regardless of how a player performs, they know they have that trust with Klopp that he will back them for as long as they are at the club and wonā€™t slate any of them off.

The fact Lovren is left out of the team tonight entirely speaks for itself in terms of being able to ā€œdo a jobā€.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2518: Mar 03, 2020 08:34:27 pm
      Well thatā€™s a poor comparison. Sakho wasnā€™t removed from the team and sold because of performance, it was his attitude. As far as Lovren goes, heā€™s far from hitting the heights in ability but you canā€™t fault his professionalism.

Baffled why youā€™ve tried to use the Sakho situation as a comparison. Klopp isnā€™t going to come out and slate his player in the media because whatā€™s said behind closed doors, stays behind closed doors. Whether Lovren is sold or not this summer will determine the opinion on Lovren going forward.
      Regardless of how a player performs, they know they have that trust with Klopp that he will back them for as long as they are at the club and wonā€™t slate any of them off.

The fact Lovren is left out of the team tonight entirely speaks for itself in terms of being able to ā€œdo a jobā€.

To be fair Sakho really was sh*te. Managed to convince many a red he was captain material but he was sh*t.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2519: Mar 03, 2020 11:43:41 pm
      Feel a bit bad now....
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2520: Mar 04, 2020 12:23:31 am

IMO we canā€™t be having 2 experienced CBā€™s that need 4,5,6 games in order to find a level of consistency because what happens if we lose Virgil and Joe at the same time? We end up with 2 experienced players struggling and putting in a performance like they did vs Shrewsbury together because they need a run of games. It can be very costly.

I agree with injury playing a bit in finding your form but I don't think experience or age plays that much factor. If you never played football in a couple months if you 21 or 31 you going to be rusty. The thing with Milner situation is he can come off the bench for playing time to ease in or keep sharp. CB position don't really have that option as they pretty much only come on for injury or kill injury time.

I agree Lovren better off somewhere else and he would of been if Roma didn't dick around but he played a part in this title winning season.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2020 05:42:44 am by adammac »
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #2521: Jul 12, 2020 08:39:48 pm
      Zenit St Petersburg  interested according to Paul Joyce
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2522: Jul 14, 2020 07:41:33 am
      Zenit St Petersburg  interested according to Paul Joyce

Yes they apparently are but we are seemingly going to extend his contract ? To 2022.

There must be backroom financial alchemy going on to do that if we are selling him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53391746
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2523: Jul 14, 2020 07:45:37 am

Was.
      Always played the ball like he was frightened of touching it.
      Another accident always waiting to happen.

Disrespected Klopp and others on a U.S. trip .... so goodbye.

Took a good video of Alcatraz though. Could have left him there.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2524: Jul 14, 2020 08:46:18 am
      Yes they apparently are but we are seemingly going to extend his contract ? To 2022.

There must be backroom financial alchemy going on to do that if we are selling him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53391746

Wow! Just read that quote from BBC  :o :o  :o
      I'm flabbergasted, I really thought you would of sold him this summer. He's barely a squad player and for me let you down to many times. I remember that quote he came out with when he said he was the best defender in the country or words to that effect.  :lmao:

Seriously all he is ( or should be ) is a back up player at best. He has the odd decent game and that's it. Makes too many mistakes for my liking. If this happens it basically confirms you won't be spending much, if any in the transfer market.

What it does do is give other teams chances of catching you guys up, yes I know we're miles behind  ;D but least your not improving from my perspective.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2525: Jul 14, 2020 10:02:37 am
      To be fair to him when he's given a run of games he isn't too bad, but when he's thrown into the team for the odd game he seems to completely lose the plot, gets dragged into pointless battles, appears to try "too hard" as if he's got a point to prove and looks way out of sync with the rest of the team. Not really somebody you'd want as a 4th choice CB
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2526: Jul 14, 2020 10:05:44 am
      To be fair to him when he's given a run of games he isn't too bad, but when he's thrown into the team for the odd game he seems to completely lose the plot, gets dragged into pointless battles, appears to try "too hard" as if he's got a point to prove and looks way out of sync with the rest of the team. Not really somebody you'd want as a 4th choice CB
      What's your thoughts on him getting another contract based on him being your 4th choice CB?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2527: Jul 14, 2020 10:20:01 am
      What's your thoughts on him getting another contract based on him being your 4th choice CB?

He's not exactly the worst 4th choice CB. He's better than Phil Jones at least.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2528: Jul 14, 2020 10:21:54 am
      He's not exactly the worst 4th choice CB. He's better than Phil Jones at least.

Really! Think their both as bad as each other.  :lmao:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2529: Jul 14, 2020 10:36:50 am

He done pretty well for us at the start of the season, had a good run of games when Matip & Gomez were both out with long term injuries but since the new year he's had odd games / minutes off the bench and near enough every time he's been thrown in I think he's cocked up some way or another. I don't think he's somebody you can just slot in from time to time and he'll do a job

Quick Reply