Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sat 23rd Nov @ 3:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 13th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D1 L7

Jordan Henderson Player Thread

Read 375685 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,979 posts | 5256 
      • YNWA
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7150: Oct 20, 2019 08:01:33 pm
      With Keita back on the scene and Chamberlain chomping at the bit, Hendo is really going to have to raise his level to a higher degree than it is at the moment. After a forgettable display today there is definitely pressure on him but it is pressure he's faced many times in his Liverpool career.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,900 posts | 2354 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #7151: Oct 20, 2019 08:36:23 pm
      Can anyone explain why he ended up so wide today.

Usually I’m pretty good at figuring out tactical decisions but I just couldn’t figure this one out
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,714 posts | 3084 
      Reply #7152: Oct 20, 2019 09:19:53 pm

Usually I’m pretty good at figuring out tactical decisions but I just couldn’t figure this one out

Seemed like it was to accommodate Ox in the middle of the pitch.

He should have just been withdrawn,  as the furthest midfielder his ability to connect up with the attack has been woeful recently.

LondonRed83
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,024 posts | 1495 
      Reply #7153: Oct 21, 2019 07:13:51 am
      Just felt like a waste everytime he got on the ball. United were there for the taking and he just hesitated constantly and went safe.

Was very frustrating. I would have started Milner over Henderson.

Keita and AOC looked absolutely superb when they came on because their whole game is based on direct forward play which we needed badly.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 2082 
      Reply #7154: Oct 21, 2019 08:41:49 am
      Henderson has been quite poor for several games now, doesn't make him a sh*t player, he's just having a dip, but in that case I'd like to see us replace him with the Ox, Lallana, Shaq or Keita, we need some more drive and energy in midfield, we were very predictable and flat yesterday as a team but a lot of that was because of the midfield and sadly Henderson was one of the worst culprits.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,749 posts | 1304 
      Reply #7155: Oct 21, 2019 12:12:45 pm
      Our best most dynamic midfield doesn't include Hendo now.

Fab-Gini/Keita-Ox should be our starting midfield with Milner and Hendo as backups.

VVD needs to be made vice captain also.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,953 posts | 2480 
      Reply #7156: Oct 21, 2019 12:37:33 pm

Because their wingbacks were pushing TAA back, so he put Henderson wide to counter that and allow TAA to get forwards more.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,971 posts | 2167 
      Reply #7157: Oct 21, 2019 02:07:09 pm
      Henderson has been quite poor for several games now

Agree.

As most on here know I'm a huge fan of the skipper but he's been mediocre at best for a couple of games now and I'd like to see Chamberlain get a run especially if we're keeping Gini in the side.

Keita showed some glimpses as well of the player we thought we were getting and I don't think it'll be long before he gets into the side.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,620 posts | 186 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7158: Oct 22, 2019 06:57:15 pm
      Henderson needs to create its ok running closing but in that midfield either Gini or Henderson need to create, all we see from Henderson is square or backward passing, it looks even worse if one of the front three are missing
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,264 posts | 956 
      Reply #7159: Oct 27, 2019 11:51:09 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/oct/27/liverpool-beating-heart-jordan-henderson-relentless-in-breaking-spurs

Good article. Apparently you either love him or hate him.

To me, rather than define him by what he isn't (he's not Gerrard, but who is?), I choose to celebrate his heart and soul contributions to this team's continuing success.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,841 posts | 3432 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7160: Oct 28, 2019 04:20:36 am
      So happy for him to score today especially after him losing the ball, cost us the opener. He made amends in a big way.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 2082 
      Reply #7161: Oct 28, 2019 09:22:49 am
      So happy for him to score today especially after him losing the ball, cost us the opener. He made amends in a big way.

Yes but first goal at Anfield since 2015, considering he plays every game that is a shocking stat for a midfielder!!

I love the guy to bits but aside from the goal he had a another below par performance yesterday, as did Gini. I really don't understand why Jürgen persists with those two when he has so many other good midfielders sitting on the bench who could offer more in attack.

The game yesterday was crying out for Keita or Ox to come on.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,544 posts | 463 
      Reply #7162: Oct 28, 2019 10:14:33 am
      Just as well our fanbase is nothing like some other Premier League teams. The treatment of Xhaka yesterday was deplorable as was his reaction.

Henderson has faced a fair bit of adversity as Liverpool captain but it has never became toxic and the very least we can say is that he gives 100% every time he puts that shirt on. More than that he is a fine player and a great example to young players everywhere.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,253 posts | 524 
      Reply #7163: Oct 28, 2019 05:45:32 pm
      Yes but first goal at Anfield since 2015, considering he plays every game that is a shocking stat for a midfielder!!

I love the guy to bits but aside from the goal he had a another below par performance yesterday, as did Gini. I really don't understand why Jürgen persists with those two when he has so many other good midfielders sitting on the bench who could offer more in attack.

The game yesterday was crying out for Keita or Ox to come on.

Does that mean Mascherano was a shocking midfielder because he didn’t score enough goals

You really are a football vacuum - Henderson was superb yesterday but binary idiots like you will never see that , thankfully for us the best manager in the game can see that hence why he plays all the time and why he is captain - Klopp has had multiple years to sell him but he hasn’t - can you explain why ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,953 posts | 2480 
      Reply #7164: Oct 28, 2019 06:14:39 pm
      Wasn't sure at the usual blame game, so had another couple of looks at it.

First thing, Henderson gets barged off the ball.
      It wasn't shoulder to shoulder, the Spurs player went through the back of him.

Gini gets left on his arse, Fabinho nowhere on the cover, TAA tries to show Son outside, and fails, Henderson catches up, just as Son cuts back.

So not really sure how that catalogue of errors became the fault of one player rather than 4, but it's always the way here, to try and single one player out as a scapegoat.

In recent years, it's been Lucas, Gini, Lovren, Matip and Henderson.

People have been banging on about Lovren's "mistake" against Genk, but the fact is he should have had cover, and not had to charge out to the RB position in the first place.
      He didn't have the cover because we played Keita and AOC.
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2019 06:19:56 pm by Swab »
      RedWilly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,058 posts | 1098 
      Reply #7165: Oct 28, 2019 07:01:19 pm
      Wasn't sure at the usual blame game, so had another couple of looks at it.

First thing, Henderson gets barged off the ball.
      It wasn't shoulder to shoulder, the Spurs player went through the back of him.

Gini gets left on his arse, Fabinho nowhere on the cover, TAA tries to show Son outside, and fails, Henderson catches up, just as Son cuts back.

So not really sure how that catalogue of errors became the fault of one player rather than 4, but it's always the way here, to try and single one player out as a scapegoat.

In recent years, it's been Lucas, Gini, Lovren, Matip and Henderson.

People have been banging on about Lovren's "mistake" against Genk, but the fact is he should have had cover, and not had to charge out to the RB position in the first place.
      He didn't have the cover because we played Keita and AOC.

Think that’s the norm in football in general mate, rather than on the forum. Realistically, all pundits and fans look for simple answers to explain things, rather than working it back to see where the mistake occurred in the system. Realistically, I’d imagine a lot of the time it isn’t even a mistake but the opposition manager making slight changes to counter specific areas. This is top level football and 90% of it, us as fans haven’t a clue about what variations are happening at any stage.

Saying that, not having that about Lovren, even if he shouldn’t have had to be out there it was the kind of screw up you would only see Lovren make.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,043 posts | 2105 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #7166: Oct 28, 2019 07:16:45 pm
      He plays for the shirt and that shows that Liverpool means to him.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,186 posts | 3947 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7167: Oct 28, 2019 09:29:38 pm
      Did he not come out and say he was largely to blame for the goal?...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,953 posts | 2480 
      Reply #7168: Oct 29, 2019 12:30:51 pm
      Think that’s the norm in football in general mate, rather than on the forum. Realistically, all pundits and fans look for simple answers to explain things, rather than working it back to see where the mistake occurred in the system. Realistically, I’d imagine a lot of the time it isn’t even a mistake but the opposition manager making slight changes to counter specific areas. This is top level football and 90% of it, us as fans haven’t a clue about what variations are happening at any stage.

Saying that, not having that about Lovren, even if he shouldn’t have had to be out there it was the kind of screw up you would only see Lovren make.

I just see it differently is all mate.
      He should never have been in a 2 on 1, out of position, with no backup.
      He tried to buy a foul by going down easily, something we see defenders do every match, but he didn't get it.

For me, it's as much a collective responsibility as a Lovren error.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,000 posts | 3693 
      Reply #7169: Nov 10, 2019 07:22:39 pm
      yet again he performance despite illness he plays for the team before Jordan Henderson . There is only one reason Jürgen plays him when fit because he is good enough. Well done Jordan
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,884 posts | 1359 
      Reply #7170: Nov 10, 2019 10:13:31 pm
      What a cross for our 3rd goal today! Absolute peach of a ball. He was excellent, they all were.

Quick Reply