Trending Topics

Next match: Burnley v LFC [Premier League] Wed 19th May @ 8:15 pm
      Turf Moor

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D4 L3

Divock Origi Player Thread

Read 148070 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #1250: Jun 27, 2020 09:02:48 am
      He seems like a really nice lad, but I still don't think he's good enough for us, one of those frustrating players where you can see there is loads of talent but its just not transferred into performances. He has scored some very special goals for us though.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,405 posts | 2042 
      Reply #1251: Aug 28, 2020 08:10:17 pm
      Klopp, talking about tomorrow's match, mentioned all the players who have been out during preseason by name, even Harry Wilson. Everyone except Divock. Not sure what this means. Maybe the CoVid rumours are true, maybe he is working on a move somewhere,  maybe Jürgen just overlooked him, but he is conspicuously absent from public view.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,594 posts | 2065 
      Reply #1252: Aug 28, 2020 08:32:13 pm
      Klopp, talking about tomorrow's match, mentioned all the players who have been out during preseason by name, even Harry Wilson. Everyone except Divock. Not sure what this means. Maybe the CoVid rumours are true, maybe he is working on a move somewhere,  maybe Jürgen just overlooked him, but he is conspicuously absent from public view.

It doesn't make sense to keep Origi if we're not loaning Brewster out again. There is interest in him and we should get a decent fee. It's time to sell Divock.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,405 posts | 2042 
      Reply #1253: Sep 03, 2020 05:26:37 pm
      Back in training. I have no proof whatsoever, but I'm really wondering if he was a positive CoVid test in Austria.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,106 posts | 892 
      Reply #1254: Sep 03, 2020 07:53:50 pm
      Back in training. I have no proof whatsoever, but I'm really wondering if he was a positive CoVid test in Austria.

Who cares, as long as he gets the job done and gets us the three points.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,405 posts | 2042 
      Reply #1255: Sep 03, 2020 08:27:16 pm

But the 3 points have to be in a 6-0 win, correct?
       :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1256: Sep 04, 2020 08:13:10 am

It would be so good if he could finally have that break out year where it all clicks into gear and he reaches the next level, but sadly I have my doubts. I just hope he doesn't stand in the way of Rhian who I think is a superior forward already.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,865 posts | 965 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1257: Sep 04, 2020 12:27:45 pm
      It would be so good if he could finally have that break out year where it all clicks into gear and he reaches the next level, but sadly I have my doubts. I just hope he doesn't stand in the way of Rhian who I think is a superior forward already.

Don't think he's better than Origi at this moment. Can only really judge Brewster on his Championship performances but I think if you were to put Origi in the Championship he'd more than likely score 20+ a season
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1258: Sep 04, 2020 01:48:33 pm
      Don't think he's better than Origi at this moment. Can only really judge Brewster on his Championship performances but I think if you were to put Origi in the Championship he'd more than likely score 20+ a season

I respectfully disagree, I see Brewster as the better all round forward, give Rhian a number of games alongside our regular forwards and he will blossom, whenever Origi has played alongside them he's wilted.

Origi has had so many chances to impress and dissapointed time after time. Of course he has scored some crucial goals for us and will be fondly remembered by everyone but we really do need better backup and with the lack of any funds or other options then I think that is Brewster.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,865 posts | 965 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1259: Sep 04, 2020 02:10:26 pm
      whenever Origi has played alongside them he's wilted.

Good point that to be fair - the two Origi performances which stand out (Barca 2nd leg & the 5-2 derby) didn't have Salah or Firmino in the lineup. Actually think the front 3 for both games was Mane - Origi - Shaqiri. Can't ever recall him putting in a top, top performance with 2 of the usual front 3 playing
      Kopite78
      Reply #1260: Sep 04, 2020 02:17:03 pm
      I respectfully disagree, I see Brewster as the better all round forward, give Rhian a number of games alongside our regular forwards and he will blossom, whenever Origi has played alongside them he's wilted.

Origi has had so many chances to impress and dissapointed time after time. Of course he has scored some crucial goals for us and will be fondly remembered by everyone but we really do need better backup and with the lack of any funds or other options then I think that is Brewster.

Well that depends

Now I'll say before I start this that I think Rhian has that something special in a young player that means he will make it

However to play Rhian alongside the other 3 it would have to be through the middle, hes essentially a 9 who would play as a 9 or as part of a front 2, there is no way from what we have all seen of him that you could suggest he could play Mo or Sadios roles as a wide forward
      Also if you were to play him as a 9 it would be a complete different way Bobby plays as our 9 and therefore you would have to alter the wide forwards slightly as well

Divock for all of his lacking to be as good as our current front 3 - not many are either - he can slot in that wide role without having to alter whatsoever what the front 3 do or how they set up

And for the record I agree wholeheartedly Tameimpala that stick Div in the championship as a 9 and he gets 20+
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1261: Sep 04, 2020 04:23:54 pm
      Well that depends

Now I'll say before I start this that I think Rhian has that something special in a young player that means he will make it

However to play Rhian alongside the other 3 it would have to be through the middle, hes essentially a 9 who would play as a 9 or as part of a front 2, there is no way from what we have all seen of him that you could suggest he could play Mo or Sadios roles as a wide forward
      Also if you were to play him as a 9 it would be a complete different way Bobby plays as our 9 and therefore you would have to alter the wide forwards slightly as well

Divock for all of his lacking to be as good as our current front 3 - not many are either - he can slot in that wide role without having to alter whatsoever what the front 3 do or how they set up

And for the record I agree wholeheartedly Tameimpala that stick Div in the championship as a 9 and he gets 20+

Fair point, but perhaps we should alter how we play in attack a  bit, because one thing I have noticed is that if Bobby has an off day, which is quite often recently, then the attack loses a hell of a lot, perhaps having another out and out goalscorer in there would change the whole dynamic, as we saw when Taki came on against Arsenal. I feel we sometimes rely a bit to much on Bobby to be the creative force / the link man.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1262: Sep 27, 2020 05:25:01 pm
      ....Is on the verge of becoming like... "Djibril Cisse!"

Thank god he has changed , finally! And he has got the "natural commitment" to play football unlike Firmino since the time he got his hair colour, grey!

I am glad he is no more seen is an average player but a big top club player for the natural commitment he got to play football unlike Firmino!

I even see a lot of similarity "and a surge forward from his physique that i did notice about Djibril Cisse, long time back!

I wished we did keep Sheryl Ojo and him as they are more committed or have more that natural commitment and enthusiasm to play football than Firmino! That's when finally you turn a top player!

I am glad Origi has made the strides to be at a big club, finally! I am sure he is aware of the "demand" now!

Who the f**k is Sheryl Ojo?

The rest of it is nonsense, please this is getting daft now.. I'm sorry but have you just realised that computers exist? Because I imagine your usual way of communicating is by smearing sh*te on the walls of your asylum bedroom

LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,470 posts | 1753 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #1263: Sep 27, 2020 05:36:24 pm
      Who the f**k is Sheryl Ojo?

The rest of it is nonsense, please this is getting daft now.. I'm sorry but have you just realised that computers exist? Because I imagine your usual way of communicating is by smearing sh*te on the walls of your asylum bedroom

I thought you were being harsh but looking at the post history it is a bit f**king mad isn't it?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1264: Sep 27, 2020 05:41:00 pm
      I thought you were being harsh but looking at the post history it is a bit f**king mad isn't it?

Yeah sorry, if would look harsh maybe on that post but the sh*te that has been spread over so many threads know is f**king ridiculous

Mental
      LFCexiled
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,470 posts | 1753 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Reply #1265: Sep 27, 2020 05:49:10 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,405 posts | 2042 
      Reply #1266: Sep 27, 2020 09:44:50 pm
      Yeah sorry, if would look harsh maybe on that post but the sh*te that has been spread over so many threads know is f**king ridiculous

Mental

:)

This is what they did to Copernicus and Gallileo.

Divock and Ojo are going to be our keys this season, you know it's true.

Also, I would like to wish you good luck in being macho, and I hope you develop some massive ideas in your head.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go talk with my neighbor's dog. He has another message for me.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,405 posts | 2042 
      Reply #1267: Oct 29, 2020 09:09:19 pm
      Divock is looking totally disconsolate in the videos and pics now. Given some of the joy he has given us over the past few years, I hate to see him going through this, but it's very difficult to see a way back for him into any kind of regular first team involvement.

The only thing is, after he had a good spell for us (prior to that awful tackle vs. Everton), he also went through a frozen period, was loanded to Germany for a season and then had a transfer bid from Wolves accepted (but he never signed for them). It was after that he scored the big goals vs. Spurs in the final, Barca in the semi, and a few in the league. Bagged a double vs. Everton early last year as well, but I've never seen him so out of sorts.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,679 posts | 745 
      Reply #1268: Oct 29, 2020 09:44:57 pm
      They brought in 2 players (Taki and Jota) recently who further push him down the depth chart, so no surprise he looks unhappy. I think it's time for him to move on to get more playing time.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 630 posts | 486 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1269: Oct 29, 2020 10:29:05 pm
      I know he's scored some very important goals for us, but I've just never rated him, he looks laboured and lazy on the pitch, doesn't look interested or willing to really get stuck in and give it a real good go, he doesn't use his strength or height to really go for balls and seems happy to let others do the work whilst he just strolls about, tbh, he does my head in and I get very frustrated when I see him in the line up, harsh I know but that's how I feel.
      Won't be sorry to see him go.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,420 posts | 3490 
      Reply #1270: Oct 29, 2020 11:13:03 pm
      I said when Brewster was leaving that it was a mistake and we keep him and he takes Origi’s place on the bench.
      Cult hero or not no place for sentimentality.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1271: Oct 30, 2020 02:13:22 pm
      I said when Brewster was leaving that it was a mistake and we keep him and he takes Origi’s place on the bench.
      Cult hero or not no place for sentimentality.

I didn't realise teams were queuing up to sign Divock ;-)

He's a sh*te player who through more luck than skill has scored some very important goals for us but it really is time for him to think of another career now, because he is simply not an elite level footballer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,420 posts | 3490 
      Reply #1272: Nov 26, 2020 03:05:45 pm
      Was he trying to make sure he gets shifted in Jan.

What a woeful performance.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 26,320 posts | 3901 
      Reply #1273: Nov 26, 2020 03:16:14 pm
      Was he trying to make sure he gets shifted in Jan.

What a woeful performance.

In his mind he knows times up & that’s impacting his performance..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,257 posts | 1889 
      Reply #1274: Nov 26, 2020 03:26:32 pm
      Hes got the body of a man who needs games to keep sharpness. Hes not getting anything and it's hard to just rock up and play well.

That's always the issue with having big squads is that the players on the fringe dont always show their best straight away.

Minamino has shown next to nothing so it was a 50/50 call really on who Jürgen chose. I think I the one thing you know with Divoxk is he can be pretty useless all game and 1 swing of his boot he scores.

Quick Reply