Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 218037 times
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #1334: Jul 06, 2021 10:33:37 pm
      Anyone actually interested in signing him?

Yeah, Michael Edwards as his second choice 9
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1335: Jul 07, 2021 11:07:17 pm
      Yeah, Michael Edwards as his second choice 9

No, really. What was your other username before you switched to this one.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #1336: Jul 08, 2021 11:25:08 pm
      No, really. What was your other username before you switched to this one.

I'm new. I've never had another account. Why?
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #1337: Jul 09, 2021 01:02:07 pm
      I really hope he moves on. Not because I hate him and think he's sh*te  :roll: but because I think we need to cash in on him so he doesn't go on a free eventually and so we can maybe get another player with potential as he never lived up to his.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #1338: Jul 09, 2021 02:15:39 pm
      I really hope he moves on. Not because I hate him and think he's sh*te  :roll: but because I think we need to cash in on him so he doesn't go on a free eventually and so we can maybe get another player with potential as he never lived up to his.

That's the problem, I don't think there's much by way of cashing in. No one seems to want him even at a knock down price
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1339: Jul 09, 2021 05:14:51 pm
      That's the problem, I don't think there's much by way of cashing in. No one seems to want him even at a knock down price

You have absolutely no way of knowing that.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 523 
      Reply #1340: Jul 09, 2021 10:47:53 pm
      There would be plenty of clubs interested if we were selling Origi. Not necessarily the biggest clubs, but definitely mid-table clubs in England, and maybe higher up elsewhere would be interested. Looks like either he doesn't want to go or we don't want to sell him, or both. Fine with me, guy is a decent back up, probably should have played more last season.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #1341: Jul 10, 2021 12:14:17 pm
      You have absolutely no way of knowing that.

We were touting him about last year, from what I remember, and no one was interested in him
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1342: Jul 10, 2021 01:22:31 pm
      We were touting him about last year, from what I remember, and no one was interested in him

Again, you have absolutely no way of knowing that.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1343: Jul 10, 2021 01:36:09 pm
      All deals can hypothetically be done at the right price. Just go insane on the price.
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #1344: Jul 10, 2021 02:47:44 pm
      Again, you have absolutely no way of knowing that.

In my original post I said "....I don't think..." meaning it's not factual but something I've concluded to. The boss doesn't fancy him, he doesn't score when he does get games, his decision making is bad, he can only play one position, he refused a loan deal and he plays with tunnel vision. He's not a Klopp player. This spells a transfer but he's still here which to me means we can't find suitors.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-divock-origi-millions-summer-20616101.amp
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1345: Jul 10, 2021 03:51:45 pm
      In my original post I said "....I don't think..." meaning it's not factual but something I've concluded to. The boss doesn't fancy him, he doesn't score when he does get games, his decision making is bad, he can only play one position, he refused a loan deal and he plays with tunnel vision. He's not a Klopp player. This spells a transfer but he's still here which to me means we can't find suitors.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-divock-origi-millions-summer-20616101.amp

No, you said "No one seems to want him even at a knock down price", which as Swab said, you have absolutely no way of knowing that.

And now you just go and say "which to me means we can't find suitors", which again, you have absolutely no way of knowing that.

Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #1346: Jul 10, 2021 08:55:09 pm
      No, you said "No one seems to want him even at a knock down price", which as Swab said, you have absolutely no way of knowing that.

And now you just go and say "which to me means we can't find suitors", which again, you have absolutely no way of knowing that.

You're right. What I meant to say was it seems like we won't find any suitors even with his price tag reduced so there's definitely no "cashing in". I have no certain way of knowing but it seems that way to me.

You didn't answer my reply to your weird question. You accused me of having a previous username and I asked why?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1347: Jul 11, 2021 01:28:54 pm

Right, so you've made it up.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #1348: Jul 29, 2021 11:16:42 pm
      I love him, I don’t care what anyone says.

I went mental for literally all these goals.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1420747031123939337?s=21
      Salah10
      • Banned

• 1,224 posts | 200 
      Reply #1349: Sep 01, 2021 08:30:21 am

Seems my made up theory turned out to be true
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,036 posts | 2091 
      Reply #1350: Sep 01, 2021 10:08:39 am
      Always happy to have Divock around but this did make me laugh

https://twitter.com/Flying_Inside/status/1432703518801108994?s=20
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #1351: Sep 01, 2021 10:14:52 am
      The time to shift Divock on was about 18 months ago.

Anyone even slightly keen on him will wait and sign him in a free.

There's a number of players I'd play in the front three before him and a few of them aren't even classed as proper forwards.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,819 posts | 3382 
      Reply #1352: Sep 01, 2021 10:30:08 am
      Origi is prob the most frustrating player in years

He has it all - pace , power , skill and finishing

He misses one clear attribute - desire

He could be a beast but just seems to lack the motivation to fulfill his potential

When he leaves I will always remember the goal against the Bitters , the impact against Barce and in the CL final

Such a shame for him
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,036 posts | 2091 
      Reply #1353: Sep 01, 2021 12:45:52 pm
      Origi is prob the most frustrating player in years

He has it all - pace , power , skill and finishing

He misses one clear attribute - desire

He could be a beast but just seems to lack the motivation to fulfill his potential

When he leaves I will always remember the goal against the Bitters , the impact against Barce and in the CL final

Such a shame for him

Yeah. And in fairness to Divock, those goals you mentioned will last in our history forever, achieving something that the likes that better strikers such Torres and Suarez failed to do (despite all their quality and style).
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1354: Sep 01, 2021 02:12:20 pm
      The time to shift Divock on was about 18 months ago.

Anyone even slightly keen on him will wait and sign him in a free.

There's a number of players I'd play in the front three before him and a few of them aren't even classed as proper forwards.

Yeah, I think so.
      Grab the cash while his stock was high.

No doubt the lad will get some chances this season, and let's hope he takes them.

He has all the tools to be a really good player, but it seems he lacks a crucial component.
      Whether you call it desire, meanness, ruthless, whatever, the end result is the same: he's not the player he should be.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,150 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1355: Sep 01, 2021 04:02:58 pm
      Has he the potential to explode if given the chance? A late bloomer or has is time gone to be a truly top player?

Bobby out for a bit why not give him 3 or 4 games to see what we get. Jota and Mane fight it out for the left of the 3 and place on the bench and give him 3 or 4 games through the middle.

We either realise we have another option or we find oyt once and for all he is done here
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,819 posts | 3382 
      Reply #1356: Sep 01, 2021 04:09:41 pm
      Has he the potential to explode if given the chance? A late bloomer or has is time gone to be a truly top player?

Bobby out for a bit why not give him 3 or 4 games to see what we get. Jota and Mane fight it out for the left of the 3 and place on the bench and give him 3 or 4 games through the middle.

We either realise we have another option or we find oyt once and for all he is done here

It would really F**k up peoples heads if he came on and started to score goals 😂

Quick Reply