Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216159 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #1357: Sep 01, 2021 04:14:00 pm
      Has he the potential to explode if given the chance? A late bloomer or has is time gone to be a truly top player?

Bobby out for a bit why not give him 3 or 4 games to see what we get. Jota and Mane fight it out for the left of the 3 and place on the bench and give him 3 or 4 games through the middle.

We either realise we have another option or we find oyt once and for all he is done here

He’s proven over the last 2 seasons he’s not good enough. He’s made 59 appearances and scored 7 goals in that time so he’s shown that when he starts he’s not good enough and the same applies when coming off the bench.

He’s had a few good moments like vs the Bitters a couple of times and in Europe, he’s played his part but that’s all they were, moments.

He’s approaching 27 now, he’s not a youngster with potential anymore and the fact that we’ve been unable to sell him for the last couple of years is telling. Simply not good enough unfortunately.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1358: Sep 01, 2021 04:14:46 pm
      Has he the potential to explode if given the chance? A late bloomer or has is time gone to be a truly top player?

Bobby out for a bit why not give him 3 or 4 games to see what we get. Jota and Mane fight it out for the left of the 3 and place on the bench and give him 3 or 4 games through the middle.

We either realise we have another option or we find oyt once and for all he is done here

He has the talent I think, but to me he lacks desire, drive, or something.

So yes, I think the potential is there, but time is running out for him to use it.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1359: Sep 01, 2021 04:18:01 pm
      He reminds me of a player like Lingard… at the right level for him I think he could be deadly, but at the level of Liverpool and the intensity we play at, it just won’t work out. I could see him doing well for a team like Newcastle, but yeah we needed to sell him when he got those magic goals. If a player like Dan James can go for £20 million plus extras, we could have easily got that or more 12-18 months ago.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1360: Sep 01, 2021 04:26:35 pm
      He reminds me of a player like Lingard… at the right level for him I think he could be deadly, but at the level of Liverpool and the intensity we play at, it just won’t work out. I could see him doing well for a team like Newcastle, but yeah we needed to sell him when he got those magic goals. If a player like Dan James can go for £20 million plus extras, we could have easily got that or more 12-18 months ago.

It's absolutely baffling he's still at the club mate. Jürgen couldn't sell players like Solanke and Brewster fast enough and both are just as good if not better than Origi. Now we're stuck with him for another season paying him a salary just to let go on a free next year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1361: Sep 01, 2021 04:27:47 pm
      It's absolutely baffling he's still at the club mate. Jürgen couldn't sell players like Solanke and Brewster fast enough and both are just as good if not better than Origi. Now we're stuck with him for another season paying him a salary just to let go on a free next year.

As much as Divock frustrates me and I think he should have been moved on ages ago, he's on an entirely different level to Solanke.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1362: Sep 01, 2021 04:37:39 pm
      Edwards' Kryptonite!! :laugh:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1363: Sep 01, 2021 04:39:34 pm

Oh boy...Brewster and Solanke. Yes, they've torn it up since leaving.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1364: Sep 01, 2021 05:21:52 pm

Solanke is doing pretty well with Bournemouth now scoring regularly. I think Origi is awful and only for a couple of important goals in big games he's done pretty much nothing else. My point being he should not be at the club anymore as he won't be played apart from the league cup that Jürgen has no interest in.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1365: Sep 01, 2021 05:23:32 pm
      As much as Divock frustrates me and I think he should have been moved on ages ago, he's on an entirely different level to Solanke.

Not so sure mate. Origi is crap and if Solanke had played as many games for us as Origi has I think he'd have scored just as many if not more.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1366: Sep 01, 2021 07:18:01 pm

At least they wanted to move on and try and not just F***ing toss it off here
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1367: Sep 01, 2021 08:06:29 pm

A lack of playing time has hindered him, it’s hard to breakthrough into our front 4..

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #1368: Sep 01, 2021 08:33:45 pm
      A lack of playing time has hindered him, it’s hard to breakthrough into our front 4..

This is it for me. He's always had to have a long run of games to get into the rhythm and then the afterburners come on. He was maligned when he first arrived under Brendan but Klopp worked hard and come Spring 2016 he was indispensable. A rotten injury against a thuggish Everton display (where else) put paid to that run. And then it was two and a half years before we really got to see him again contributing at a level.

He's an enigma to me but one thing's for certain, when he was on it he was superb. Hard to think of a player who has displayed such peaks and troughs in his displays to the extremities that Divock has
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1369: Sep 01, 2021 09:33:03 pm
      I still believe in Origi 🙏
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1370: Sep 01, 2021 10:27:06 pm
      Klopp clearly doesn’t rate him so for his own sake he should have forced a move and just enjoy playing regularly.

It’s a relatively short career.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #1371: Sep 02, 2021 12:01:08 am
      I can see him banging them in regularly at a lower ranked side where he's the main man playing down the middle. Origi's a square peg in a round hole, and hasn't got the energy for Juergen's playing style. He's not a winger and Juergen loves playing the false nine/having a terrier in the middle (Jota).  Don't see him getting too many chances between now and Jan unless we have a ton of stretchers out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1372: Sep 02, 2021 12:10:18 am
      Klopp clearly doesn’t rate him so for his own sake he should have forced a move and just enjoy playing regularly.

It’s a relatively short career.

I think Klopp kept him knowing no other forward was incoming so decided to keep him… rather have Origi as an option than  no one..
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1373: Sep 02, 2021 01:40:00 am

What is most surprising as that he and his agent have been so quiet. You heard Shaq had spoken up about wanting to move to get more game time but yet Origi who keeps falling down the depth chart hasn't said anything, nor his agent. Heck, even Keita's agent spoke up after the Chelsea game when Klopp didn't even use him, but nothing from Divock's camp. Just happy to hang around, i guess? He's young enough where he should be looking at consistent game time, especially after already having won major trophies.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1374: Sep 02, 2021 12:57:05 pm
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1375: Sep 03, 2021 09:19:33 am
      What is most surprising as that he and his agent have been so quiet. You heard Shaq had spoken up about wanting to move to get more game time but yet Origi who keeps falling down the depth chart hasn't said anything, nor his agent. Heck, even Keita's agent spoke up after the Chelsea game when Klopp didn't even use him, but nothing from Divock's camp. Just happy to hang around, i guess? He's young enough where he should be looking at consistent game time, especially after already having won major trophies.

One year remaining on his deal. Think both him & his agent are aware he won't earn close to what he's earning currently if he joins another club this window so they're happy sitting it out.

Plus if he leaves on a free at the end of the season he'll be able to demand a higher wage and signing on fee from his future club.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1376: Sep 03, 2021 10:05:04 am
      Plus if he leaves on a free at the end of the season he'll be able to demand a higher wage and signing on fee from his future club.

This. Benefits him and his agent more if they just sit around and see out the contract.
      If he was that bothered about playing then he’d have really pushed for a move.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1377: Sep 03, 2021 11:31:01 am
      seen rumours on twitter he could still be moving.

Id rather he did go and free up space in squad for a young lad and probably a new signing January or next summer.

Been worse than a man short when he does get minutes now, like most players he needs a run of games get back to his best, its never gonna happen unless we stay in all the cups maybe.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1378: Sep 04, 2021 01:33:08 pm
      This. Benefits him and his agent more if they just sit around and see out the contract.
      If he was that bothered about playing then he’d have really pushed for a move.

Yep.

Should have been shipped out long ago and would not be earning wages at any other top club.

Jürgen kept him instead of getting rid and bringing in quality who would be wanting to play every week in order to keep someone who wouldn't rock the boat and sit happily on the bench.

Total lack of motivation and its to be expected he will sit and count his money for the next 12 months sadly.

Sad really as he has provided some amazing memories none of us will forget.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1379: Sep 15, 2021 09:57:26 pm
      Fans in the stadium as usual showing more appreciation of football than some of our resident whingers, giving Divock a standing ovation. He was very good through the middle today. Lovely assist for Mo's goal. Good to still have him as an option.

Quick Reply