Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 218873 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #184: Jan 05, 2015 09:30:21 am
      So new reports are that they want around 6m.

Is that euros?

I think they would be foolish not to take another £3m for a player who is no longer theirs and having a poor season.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #185: Jan 05, 2015 09:50:38 am
      Is that euros?

I think they would be foolish not to take another £3m for a player who is no longer theirs and having a poor season.

There will be an agreement reached, can't blame Lille for trying it on they know we are desperate!

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #186: Jan 05, 2015 10:03:08 am
      So get him in, get him settled, give him bits but don't expect much early on.
      Totally agree P_d.

Let's be honest here: he's the cheapest option to, hopefully, bolster our ailing attack. Brought back to show that at least 'we' are trying.

I genuinely hope that he'll be a revelation and set the league on fire, scoring two a game but we can not let ourselves forget he was bought for the future - if he wasn't we could and would have paid extra in the summer surely? With that in mind; it's only fair that Divock hasn't the pressure of too many hopes pinned on him.  :-\

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #187: Jan 05, 2015 01:28:18 pm
      Just to quote my initial thoughts:

Apparently all 3 parties (Origi/Lilli/Liverpool) have to agree to it. So the only realistic way we're going to be able to force that through is if we pay Lille further money, your guess is as good as mine as to how much they'd deem acceptable.

From what I've seen of him I don't think he'd be ready by then to just slot in to our side and there'll be tremendous pressure on the lad if he's brought in like that. Certainly the cheapest option for us though, so we can probably expect this story to gather pace.

Last time I watched this lad he was all potential. Leaving him where he is would probably be better for him and bringing him in now with the amount of expectation and pressure that's going to be on the lad to perform immediately could easily crush a lad's confidence.

Let's hope he gets off to a good start, I think for everyone's sake he needs one.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #188: Jan 05, 2015 02:38:17 pm
      There will be an agreement reached, can't blame Lille for trying it on they know we are desperate!

He has a groin injury now as well so I think they will let him go for the £3m.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #189: Jan 05, 2015 03:08:50 pm
      Would he be cup tied for the Europa cup? He is tecnically our player.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #190: Jan 05, 2015 06:59:57 pm
      We're paying £3 million more for a player that hasn't scored in 15 games. A player who we do not really need. We don't need a player with potential, we need a player who has a proven record in front of goal.

It feels like this is the cheap option so we'll get him back from loan, hope he does something for us, rather than spend money on a quality striker which is what we need. We'll need it in the summer, and we'll probably need it the year after that too if we don't sign one.

The excuse that we can let him get settled down at the club for next season doesn't fall for me either. If we want to be a club that challenges in various competitions, a player like Origi can join in the summer and would be getting 20/30 minutes a game, and the odd start which would give him more than enough time to settle. We don't need him to arrive half a season early just to let him adapt for next season. Screams like a very poor excuse.

I can't judge him and I understand he needs patience, so he can't be expected to save our season, however if this is the clubs solution to our attacking problems, we are really in the sh*t as a club.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #191: Jan 05, 2015 07:15:11 pm
      If we are going to for another a youngster with potential than why? not at least give this kid an opportunity first!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #192: Jan 11, 2015 01:35:08 pm
      French media reporting we have agreed to pay Lille £4.7 million to bring Origi back this month.

This club really does have "mugs" written all over it!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #193: Jan 11, 2015 02:00:20 pm
      He scores in attacking teams (good record for Belgium). He is younger than Sterling. His current team create very very few chances and is the least attacking team in the French Ligue. By the eye test, he is good enough to get minutes here. As for paying for him to come back... Well the cheap price we got for him was dependent on the loan.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #194: Jan 19, 2015 09:43:45 am
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #195: Jan 19, 2015 09:46:48 am

Prob for the best now we are keeping Borini, Lambert and Balotelli.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #196: Jan 19, 2015 10:38:07 am

Its the best option for him, the club and everyone IMHO
       if he came we would expected miracles from him, its best he starts with LFC in preseason that helps him integrate more with his teamates

YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #197: Jan 19, 2015 10:45:23 am
      Its the best option for him, the club and everyone IMHO
       if he came we would expected miracles from him, its best he starts with LFC in preseason that helps him integrate more with his teamates

YNWA

Exactly mate no point rushing him back as long as he's getting game time for Lille I say let him stay who knows he might start scoring again better than coming here to sit on the bench.

In the Summer we can reassess our striker situation I imagine two of Borini, Balotelli and Lambert will leave and a new striker will come in then Origi will have a better chance of breaking the first team.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #198: Jan 19, 2015 10:48:57 am
      He scores in attacking teams (good record for Belgium). He is younger than Sterling. His current team create very very few chances and is the least attacking team in the French Ligue. By the eye test, he is good enough to get minutes here. As for paying for him to come back... Well the cheap price we got for him was dependent on the loan.

F**k!!
      ....and here's me thinking somebody has had a rethink about short term options and cheapskate deals.

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #199: Jan 19, 2015 08:00:15 pm
      So apparently good old persistent Borini is good enough and we've got Rickie and Lazy Balo too so what were we thinking? We're fine up top we really are.

I'm hoping that it is all a bit of bartering and that this kid will be in the door by the close of the window.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #200: Jan 26, 2015 11:05:26 am
      shame were not getting him but we all accepted he wasnt coming till next season. we shouldnt have bought Lambert and we should have forced Borini to leave but hay ho. we learn from our mistakes hopefully in the summer
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #201: Feb 28, 2015 04:51:16 pm
      Find it incredible that Lille wouldn't let him join us in January. Isn't working there for him at all and was just booed off the pitch by Lille fans again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #202: Feb 28, 2015 05:04:40 pm
      Find it incredible that Lille wouldn't let him join us in January. Isn't working there for him at all and was just booed off the pitch by Lille fans again.

Lille are sh*t. Origi will be a completely different player with us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #203: Feb 28, 2015 05:50:11 pm
      Lille are sh*t. Origi will be a completely different player with us.

I agree. People who are worried that Origi is sh*t should take the time and watch him play. He's gonna be a beast for us :D
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #204: Mar 02, 2015 12:17:07 am
      Has anyone followed Origi so far?

I'll admit I haven't seen him at all, for those who have watched him, what are your thoughts?
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #205: Mar 02, 2015 12:34:47 am
      Has anyone followed Origi so far?

I'll admit I haven't seen him at all, for those who have watched him, what are your thoughts?

Mixed bag of output. Lille are sh*te, so that tempers his end product if all you are interested in is the goals scored stat, but what he actually does in games is good. He's getting decent minutes too. Also its worth noting, he is 19, if he finishes the season with 5 goals that will still be exceptional. To put that into context, last season there were 5 teenagers who scored 5 goals in the top leagues of Europe (incidentally 3 of them are now on Liverpool's books).

As I said in another thread, if you are good enough to play regularly in a good league as a teenager, its a very strong bet you'll be an excellent player.
      He has all the attributes to succeed. Pace, good build, trickery, powerful shot. 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #206: Mar 02, 2015 12:52:00 pm
      With the magician supplying him,Sturridge,Sterling, Ibe,Mario or whoever we have up top i'm sure he will get double figures in a liverpool shirt as he's got pace,power and more import the technique of striking a ball similar to Ibe and both so young we will be a force next season if we have a good summer window and dont buy a million players again.

Quick Reply