Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216127 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #46: Sep 28, 2014 02:08:49 pm
      Scored the winner for Lille yesterday. Now has 3 goals in 4 starts for them in the league this season.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #47: Sep 28, 2014 02:13:27 pm
      Well....at least one of our strikers knows where the back of the net is :f_tongueincheek: Scored against Bastia last night and helped move Lille into second place.

Putting up a couple of links with respect to player ratings regarding Origi and Balotelli and see how the ratings progress and compare throughout the season. 

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/124688
      http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33799/Show/Mario-Balotelli
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2014 04:14:46 pm by Scally21, Reason: Added Links »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #48: Sep 28, 2014 02:16:37 pm
      Scored the winner for Lille yesterday. Now has 3 goals in 4 starts for them in the league this season.

3 goals from 6 shots is an even better stat.  He's doing all right.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #49: Sep 28, 2014 07:56:55 pm
      This guy could prove to be our best incoming player next summer if he reaches his potential. Really looking forward to seeing him play for us.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #50: Oct 02, 2014 06:30:18 pm
      First half of the Wolfsburg v Lille match. Lille are playing a 4-3-3 with Divock up front. Lille seem more concerned with keeping Wolfsburg out rather than scoring and as a result our lad hasn't seen much of the ball. Though he did have a lovely touch in the first few minutes of the match and he has won the ball back a few times and pressured the Wolfsburg keeper into making a mistake.

I won't say he's put in a great performance so far but he's yet to do anything wrong.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #51: Oct 02, 2014 08:47:08 pm
      First half of the Wolfsburg v Lille match. Lille are playing a 4-3-3 with Divock up front. Lille seem more concerned with keeping Wolfsburg out rather than scoring and as a result our lad hasn't seen much of the ball. Though he did have a lovely touch in the first few minutes of the match and he has won the ball back a few times and pressured the Wolfsburg keeper into making a mistake.

I won't say he's put in a great performance so far but he's yet to do anything wrong.
      Scored a pen that was won by him after some good play down the left wing.

Wolfsburg vs Lille Highlights lastminutegoals.org

EDIT: De Bruyne's equaliser was a beauty: http://gfycat.com/FlusteredEnragedAmazontreeboa
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2014 08:57:31 pm by xSkyline »
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #52: Oct 02, 2014 09:17:15 pm
      Scored a pen that was won by him after some good play down the left wing.

Wolfsburg vs Lille Highlights lastminutegoals.org

EDIT: De Bruyne's equaliser was a beauty: http://gfycat.com/FlusteredEnragedAmazontreeboa

I think he looked a bit better after Roux came on to be honest. In the first half he'd drift out wide and there'd be nobody up top after Roux came on he was free to roam and really get at Jung and Naldo.

Oh and De Bruyne's goal was the sign of a quality player. He didn't have the best of performances but he was able to make the difference with a moment of magic... I wonder where we've seen that before.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #53: Oct 10, 2014 08:13:48 pm
      Currently playing for Belgium and has already hit the post and bar within the first 25 minutes. He has our curse already.

Led a counter attack for Belgium's second goal and threaded a nice pass into De Bruyne who finished the move. Was great from Origi.

Here it is:

EDIT: He scored tonight, good goal too: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9512132/goal-of-the-night-origi
      « Last Edit: Oct 10, 2014 09:53:30 pm by xSkyline »
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #54: Oct 11, 2014 10:56:01 am
      Divock again had a very good game for Belgium. He is already ahead of Lukaku and Benteke (though he has been injured for 6 months) to be our main striker. If he keeps developing, he's going to be massively important for us next year!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #55: Oct 11, 2014 12:28:08 pm
      Here's his highlights from the game, can't wait to see him here.

DO17
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #56: Oct 11, 2014 05:29:45 pm
      Here's his highlights from the game, can't wait to see him here.

DO17

Him and Sturridge linking up is gonna be insane next season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #57: Oct 11, 2014 11:14:23 pm
      Good performance but it was Andorra and some of that defending was nearly as bad as ours.

Think the "world class" tag that's being bandied about is overbearing for this lad, he has plenty of potential but still looks massively raw to me.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #58: Oct 12, 2014 06:40:44 pm
      Good performance but it was Andorra and some of that defending was nearly as bad as ours.

Think the "world class" tag that's being bandied about is overbearing for this lad, he has plenty of potential but still looks massively raw to me.

I agree mate. "World Class" and "Legend" are adjectives and nouns that have very little meaning these days purely because of the likes of Brendan who like to spiel utter bollocks during interviews. It's not as though Belgium are renowned for churning out prolific strikers either. And to be fair, I don't think I've ever heard Benteke or Lukaku being referred to as being "World Class".

He's not exactly setting Ligue1 alight but there is somewhat more attention on him this season because he's now signed up to us and he seems to be coping well. Need to bear in mind also that there's not really a good history of strikers coming to the EPL from Ligue1 and being a success.

I just hope he doesn't turn into another N'Gog :f_tongueincheek:

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #59: Oct 15, 2014 06:04:23 pm
      Seeing news that he will be called back in january.Not sure if its true or made up story
      http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/523117/Liverpool-Divock-Origi-January-Return
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #60: Oct 15, 2014 06:13:48 pm
      Seeing news that he will be called back in january.Not sure if its true or made up story
      http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/523117/Liverpool-Divock-Origi-January-Return

Apparently all 3 parties (Origi/Lilli/Liverpool) have to agree to it. So the only realistic way we're going to be able to force that through is if we pay Lille further money, your guess is as good as mine as to how much they'd deem acceptable.

From what I've seen of him I don't think he'd be ready by then to just slot in to our side and there'll be tremendous pressure on the lad if he's brought in like that. Certainly the cheapest option for us though, so we can probably expect this story to gather pace.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #61: Oct 15, 2014 07:20:19 pm
      Certainly the cheapest option for us though, so we can probably expect this story to gather pace.
      For that reason alone I think this story has more legs to it than many others we'll hear, between now and February, Luke.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #62: Oct 16, 2014 02:41:31 am
      We already bought Balotelli.We will have Origi too.As we saw we need one more striker if studge gets injured.The way FSG loves doing thing i wouldn't be surprised if he is brought back in January.And i think they wont be spending sums on the rumoured Higuain.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #63: Oct 16, 2014 10:45:32 pm
      Given that Lille weren't prepared to do a deal with us unless we loaned him straight back I really can't see them allowing him to join us early.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #64: Oct 17, 2014 08:12:50 am
      Given that Lille weren't prepared to do a deal with us unless we loaned him straight back I really can't see them allowing him to join us early.

That's near-enough how I understood the situation but then I thought; Do I really know that? There may be a clause and we're taking the stingy route of they pay a years wages on what he was already on, or we thought we could cover that position this year.
      The year loan may just be a good grace thing in the circumstance that we don't need to fill that position in an emergency.
      If we have to buy a whole new striker , in the winter window, just because one we've already bought is being pimped out to a team then that's an emergency.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #65: Oct 19, 2014 07:34:22 pm
      How we could do with this lad in the squad this season. Would it have not made more sense to offer Lille 4/5 million more in the summer to buy Origi outright and not buy Balotelli?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #66: Oct 19, 2014 07:55:35 pm
      How we could do with this lad in the squad this season. Would it have not made more sense to offer Lille 4/5 million more in the summer to buy Origi outright and not buy Balotelli?

Holy jesus sh*t, he's 19 years old, doing well in a sh*t league.  If he'd been here he'd have been crucified by now if he hadn't help us win every game, whilst turning in Messi like performances.

Jesus I hate this whining, "why can't we have", "why didn't we buy", "but mummy that's not fair when I want that".

Support what/who we've got and stop this F***ing covetting of things other people have.  It's so not Liverpool  :mad: :mad:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #67: Oct 19, 2014 08:24:25 pm
      Holy jesus sh*t, he's 19 years old, doing well in a sh*t league.  If he'd been here he'd have been crucified by now if he hadn't help us win every game, whilst turning in Messi like performances.

Jesus I hate this whining, "why can't we have", "why didn't we buy", "but mummy that's not fair when I want that".

Support what/who we've got and stop this f**king covetting of things other people have.  It's so not Liverpool  :mad: :mad:

I'm not supporting that sh*te we've been playing up top this season unless there's a dramatic upturn in form and attitude from him. There is no way Origi whatever his age is would perform that poorly for us. I mean what is Balotelli on a week to miss an open goal from 5 yards?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #68: Oct 19, 2014 08:47:35 pm
      I'm not supporting that sh*te we've been playing up top this season unless there's a dramatic upturn in form and attitude from him. There is no way Origi whatever his age is would perform that poorly for us. I mean what is Balotelli on a week to miss an open goal from 5 yards?

Don't support him then, that's your prerogative.

Quick Reply