Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 219009 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #621: Apr 21, 2016 04:12:13 pm

Get well soon Divock!!! YNWA
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #622: Apr 21, 2016 04:26:27 pm
      They need to make a new rule in football that when a player lunges in and injures another player, they automatically become suspended until the player they injured is medically declared fit to play. The fact that player who made the injury, even with a red card can return sooner than the injured player is an insult to the injured player, the team and the fans.

I think that's a terrible idea to be honest. I understand the feeling behind it but time out due to injury sometimes isn't an accurate reflection of how nasty a foul was. There's a huge element of luck on it and just wouldn't be fair on many occasions. Remember Cissé's leg being broken by a Chinese player during a friendly? That was a foul, but far from a horrific one - and the player injured needed months on the sidelines. Other, far more aggressive tackles, luckily do not result in nasty injuries in the end.

I actually remember Lampard breaking Alonso's ankle in a tackle that to me looked far less malicious and aggressive than Mori's tackle on Origi - and in the end Origi seems to be going to need less time to recover.

If the player injured has a precondition going into the match which might add to the injury inflicted during the game, it can also distort suspensions heavily. Imagine if you make the very same tackle on Sturridge and Milner, who's the one more likely to need more time to recover?

This idea, while it has good intentions, is just not practicable.

As for Origi - get well soon lad! We still need you this season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #623: Apr 21, 2016 04:26:38 pm
      Seeing these pictures makes me fear the worst, but I am trying to remain positive in that it is just precautionary and there is not any ligament damage. Losing Origi to injury actually made me feel the same way as I feel when we lose an important game.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #624: Apr 21, 2016 04:31:33 pm
      Seeing these pictures makes me fear the worst, but I am trying to remain positive in that it is just precautionary and there is not any ligament damage. Losing Origi to injury actually made me feel the same way as I feel when we lose an important game.

I totally agree :(
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #625: Apr 21, 2016 05:49:27 pm
      Ramiro Funes Mori: “I very much regret what happened yesterday. It was never my intention to harm a rival nor my colleagues leaving the field. And regarding Divock Origi, I fervently hope it’s nothing serious and know that was never my intention to hurt. I ask my apologies for what happened.”
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #626: Apr 21, 2016 05:51:06 pm
      Ramiro Funes Mori: “I very much regret what happened yesterday. It was never my intention to harm a rival nor my colleagues leaving the field. And regarding Divock Origi, I fervently hope it’s nothing serious and know that was never my intention to hurt. I ask my apologies for what happened.”
      I looked on the Everton Forum to see what Everton fans think about Mori, even some of the Everton fans don't think it was an accident.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #627: Apr 21, 2016 05:53:42 pm
      I looked on the Everton Forum to see what Everton fans think about Mori, even some of the Everton fans don't think it was an accident.

No way it was accident, he was proud yesterday, two-faced c*nt.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #628: Apr 21, 2016 06:18:49 pm
      I was talking to my boss who used to play international rugby union and he said twisted ankle ligaments is at least four to six weeks out. What a shame.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,031 posts | 533 
      Reply #629: Apr 21, 2016 06:51:21 pm

F**k off Mori, it was deliberate all the way and you even made it clear as you left the field.

He's worried about the FA ( probably needn't be) and also future nights out in Liverpool.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #630: Apr 21, 2016 06:52:37 pm
      According to the Belgian news reports Origi is out for 4-6 weeks.

Absolutely gutted for him, let's hope for a speedy recovery! Would love to see him shine for Belgium at the Euros! :)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #631: Apr 21, 2016 06:55:13 pm
      F**k off Mori, it was deliberate all the way and you even made it clear as you left the field.

He's worried about the FA ( probably needn't be) and also future nights out in Liverpool.

Agreed.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #632: Apr 21, 2016 06:57:59 pm

Absolutely gutted for him, let's hope for a speedy recovery! Would love to see him shine for Belgium at the Euros! :)

He's played his last game of the season then. Shame, just as he was in some great form. It takes somebody putting in some quality performances to put Sturridge on the bench.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #633: Apr 21, 2016 07:09:56 pm
      He's played his last game of the season then. Shame, just as he was in some great form. It takes somebody putting in some quality performances to put Sturridge on the bench.

Indeed. A remarkable evolution he has gone through the last couple of months! I remember him bursting onto the scene at the World Cup in 2014, I'll always remember his games against South-Korea and Russia, blew everyone away with his dribbling.

Funny story actually, he never would have gone to the World Cup if it wasn't for Benteke getting injured at Aston Villa back then. A lot of Belgians had never even heard of him before the World Cup until Wilmots pulled him out of his hat. He had scored something like 5 goals in 40 games at Lille and everyone was surprised he was chosen over Batshuayi (that other Belgian we are being linked with recently). Everyone instantly fell in love with him, he's such a graceful and elegant player.

And look at him now, keeping Benteke firmly on the bench when two years ago, he was able to go to the World Cup thanks to him being injured! Funny how things can go...

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2016 07:46:36 pm by Danzel »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #634: Apr 21, 2016 07:32:21 pm

funny how Vardy just did what all footballers do now and gets a two game ban but you can almost destroy a career and the FA turn a blind eye.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #635: Apr 21, 2016 08:26:05 pm

We all know what FA really stands for. Imagine if it was Suarez who injured somebody when he was at Liverpool.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #636: Apr 21, 2016 08:43:26 pm
      Mori was a disgrace yesterday and as for his badge kissing, well which way do you interperate the gesture, my interpretation is Mori you c**t
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #637: Apr 21, 2016 08:46:34 pm
      He should be banned for however long Origi is out for
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #638: Apr 21, 2016 08:50:35 pm
      Gutted for the lad. Ligament damage can have long reaching/lasting consequences - get well soon Divock.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #639: Apr 21, 2016 09:28:07 pm
      They need to make a new rule in football that when a player lunges in and injures another player, they automatically become suspended until the player they injured is medically declared fit to play. The fact that player who made the injury, even with a red card can return sooner than the injured player is an insult to the injured player, the team and the fans.

He should be banned for however long Origi is out for

These seem like knee-jerk reactions here IMO. It's a part of the game - no matter the gravity of the tackle. Plenty of our players have badly injured opponents in the past, I would never advocate for them being banned for 6 weeks just because of a heat of the moment play.

Regardless, get well soon Divock, awful time for injury to strike.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #640: Apr 21, 2016 10:38:18 pm
      He's played his last game of the season then.

I think we all knew that anyway to be fair.  Even if it wasn't broken it looked serious enough to miss the last 4 weeks of the season.

I think we needed him to go for the grandstand finish.

One things for sure.  He's a player for us next season and back in October I don't think many of would have had that down for a banker.  Well played Divock lad.  You can score three against the blue sh*te next time!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,947 posts | 5007 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #641: Apr 22, 2016 07:25:40 am
      Totally gutted for the lad, he was firing under Jürgen, he had a swagger about him,  what is he 19-20 yet he's not only playing against seasoned defenders such as Hummels he worried them, and made them look decidedly average at times,
      The confidence he has is purely down to Jürgen, he will come back next season fresh as a daisy and with a Klopp preseason under his belt,
      He'll carry his experiences gained and be much better than he already is,

Get well soon Divock lad, we need ya.

Wasn't going mention this but TPM brought him to Anfield, now I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but could Divock be Brendan's legacy??

YNWA

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #642: Apr 22, 2016 07:46:34 am

Yup. This is apparently to be confirmed tomorrow.

An injury to Danny right now would probably cause a riot.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #643: Apr 22, 2016 07:50:42 am
      Proof that the klopp effect is working.
      All the bulking up and confidence building has developed a player that all of us now see as a viable 1st team player. 
      What a turnaround.
      Credit to him.

Quick Reply