Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 219045 times
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #667: Jun 03, 2016 10:37:30 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #668: Jun 04, 2016 08:36:48 am
      this summer is going to be huge for Origi .Jürgen seems to rate him and he seems to be able to listen to Jürgen and adapt which is unusual for a young forward. We could have a star on our hands here
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #669: Jun 04, 2016 11:41:38 am
      In fairness it won't be popular but for once I agree with the Mancs. Martial is IMHO in a different class to Origi altogether. I think he'll  (Martial) be one of the best players in the league within 18 months, maybe THE best and maybe sooner.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #670: Jun 04, 2016 12:37:08 pm
      In fairness it won't be popular but for once I agree with the Mancs. Martial is IMHO in a different class to Origi altogether. I think he'll  (Martial) be one of the best players in the league within 18 months, maybe THE best and maybe sooner.

I think Martial is a class player, but it is going to depend on Mourinho. If he plays Martial as a striker, he's only going to get better, but if Martial gets thrown on the left and tasked with defending first, his development is going to be stunted.

As for Origi, Jürgen believes in him and plays him in the correct role, so here's hoping Divock can live up to his promise.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #671: Jun 06, 2016 04:27:02 am
      We definitely got the best deal but Martial seems to have more confidence and skills. Origi with proper management can turn into an excellent player. Martial can  probably become one of the best strikers of the world. Origi has to show more but he is very very promising and has showed that he can be relied upon.

Did we? I reckon most football supporters would rather pay much more, but end up with the better player.

Yeah, I agree annoyingly.

I think Martial is a class player, but it is going to depend on Mourinho. If he plays Martial as a striker, he's only going to get better, but if Martial gets thrown on the left and tasked with defending first, his development is going to be stunted.

As for Origi, Jürgen believes in him and plays him in the correct role, so here's hoping Divock can live up to his promise.

He's been playing on the left this season for them and he was good. Had a big dip in the middle of the season that gets ignored/forgotten about, but the talent is clearly there and as BigMick says, I expect him to be one of the top three or four players in the league within the next couple of years. Mourinho is a c**t, yes, but an idiot he is not. He's not going to ignore obvious talent like Martial. He gave Hazard almost complete freedom because he saw he was that good and I expect Martial will be given the same. I think Martial will start on the left, but I expect him to do well there. It'll be whoever players on the right/as a number 10 that suffers.

Anyway, back on topic, is Origi expected to be first choice for Belgium?
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #672: Jun 06, 2016 05:47:07 am
      Anyway, back on topic, is Origi expected to be first choice for Belgium?

Lukaku is expected to start for Belgium against Italy. After that, it depends on his performance in that game I guess. He has been piss poor, just like the rest of the Belgian team to be honest, but he scored three goals in the three friendlies we played.

Origi didn't start any of the games as our striker:

Against Switzerland: came on in the 67th as a second striker when it was 1-1, decent cameo.
      Against Finland: started on the right, decent first half, completely disappeared in the second, substituted around the hour mark.
      Against Norway: came on in the 80th minute on the left, did nothing worth mentioning.

Wilmots sees him more as a winger, but he is completely wasted out on the right. He has played as a left winger plenty of times for Lille and he's okay there, but I'd much rather see him as a striker. Lukaku is perfect if we want to play counter-attack football against the likes of Spain, Germany, ... but most teams just sit back against us. We dominate most of the games and Lukaku is absolutely useless then.

As a striker, Origi is third choice behind Lukaku and Batshuayi at the moment and for any of the spots behind the striker, he's behind Hazard, De Bruyne, Carrasco (beast of a player!) and Mertens (Napoli) in the pecking order. Unless Wilmots has a change of heart, I doubt we'll be seeing much of him at the Euros. I'm sure he'll have a few appearances as a substitute, but he won't be starting any games I think.

If I were manager, he would be my second choice, with Batshuayi just edging it for the starting spot.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #673: Jun 06, 2016 06:09:35 am
      Lukaku is expected to start for Belgium against Italy. After that, it depends on his performance in that game I guess. He has been piss poor, just like the rest of the Belgian team to be honest, but he scored three goals in the three friendlies we played.

Origi didn't start any of the games as our striker:

Against Switzerland: came on in the 67th as a second striker when it was 1-1, decent cameo.
      Against Finland: started on the right, decent first half, completely disappeared in the second, substituted around the hour mark.
      Against Norway: came on in the 80th minute on the left, did nothing worth mentioning.

Wilmots sees him more as a winger, but he is completely wasted out on the right. He has played as a left winger plenty of times for Lille and he's okay there, but I'd much rather see him as a striker. Lukaku is perfect if we want to play counter-attack football against the likes of Spain, Germany, ... but most teams just sit back against us. We dominate most of the games and Lukaku is absolutely useless then.

As a striker, Origi is third choice behind Lukaku and Batshuayi at the moment and for any of the spots behind the striker, he's behind Hazard, De Bruyne, Carrasco (beast of a player!) and Mertens (Napoli) in the pecking order. Unless Wilmots has a change of heart, I doubt we'll be seeing much of him at the Euros. I'm sure he'll have a few appearances as a substitute, but he won't be starting any games I think.

If I were manager, he would be my second choice, with Batshuayi just edging it for the starting spot.

Thanks!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #674: Jun 14, 2016 12:10:59 pm
      He did not had the best 15 minutes sub cameo. He missed two good decent header chances. He needs to be more killer.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #675: Jun 14, 2016 12:18:01 pm
      He did not had the best 15 minutes sub cameo. He missed two good decent header chances. He needs to be more killer.

And yet it was still a much better performance than what Lukaku put in :D
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #676: Jun 14, 2016 12:18:12 pm

Yeh true, but was better than Lukaku.

He was ok I thought, should have scored 2.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #677: Jun 14, 2016 08:53:56 pm

That header 6 or 8 yards out, that he didn't even make contact with?! Terrible miss.
      His head starting to look a bit like Mario's, maybe that's the problem...
      Seriously though, was surprised he didn't come on earlier, till he came on and didn't do very well.
      Get all that out of yer system quick Divock, and come back to us with yer A game....
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #678: Jul 31, 2016 05:06:58 pm
      Great finish yesterday. Looking forward to his progress this season.

As much as 70/1 to be top EPL scorer next season. Getting ahead of myself but at them odds, worth a fiver?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,578 posts | 735 
      Reply #679: Aug 05, 2016 07:33:06 pm
      I see nothing wrong with Sturridge and Origi fighting for the CF spot.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #680: Aug 05, 2016 10:13:18 pm
      15 goals this year I think.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #681: Aug 05, 2016 10:19:04 pm

In the League?
      I'm thinking around 20 in all competitions.

Still raw, but this lad's good.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #682: Aug 07, 2016 09:15:50 am
      Took his goal brilliantly and calmly. At the moment, he is my preferable striker to play next Sunday. He is linking well with other players as well.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #683: Aug 07, 2016 09:23:07 am
      Origi is oozing confidence right now.

When a player is confident and scoring you play him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #684: Aug 07, 2016 09:53:14 am
      got to be the most improved player under Klopp I would have no problem in him being the main striker and away from home he is really a good focal point
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #685: Sep 20, 2016 10:33:56 pm
      That goal should hopefully be a confidence boost.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #686: Sep 20, 2016 10:35:43 pm
      That goal should hopefully be a confidence boost.

His performance reminded me so much of Southampton away in the League Cup last season which turned out to be the catalyst for his season, so hopefully he can kick on from here. I think he just needed the minutes and the goal to kickstart his season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3920 
      Reply #687: Sep 20, 2016 10:43:25 pm
      His performance reminded me so much of Southampton away in the League Cup last season which turned out to be the catalyst for his season, so hopefully he can kick on from here. I think he just needed the minutes and the goal to kickstart his season.

Carbon copy mate
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #688: Sep 21, 2016 06:32:14 pm
      I think he can easily score a minimum of 15 goals this season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #689: Sep 21, 2016 07:07:16 pm
      Can F***ing finish.

Quick Reply