Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 218079 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #759: Apr 06, 2017 10:50:41 am
      Stepped up well last night. Threw himself about a bit more which was good to see.

Think his goalscoring record is pretty decent considering the amount of game time he actually gets.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #760: Apr 06, 2017 11:43:00 am
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #761: Apr 06, 2017 07:37:33 pm
      Poor footballer , striker , get rid. The chances he missed last night were a trait of his. No anticipation or cunning. Get rid.
      Can't lead a line or hold a ball up. Get rid.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #762: Apr 06, 2017 07:56:35 pm
      Poor footballer , striker , get rid. The chances he missed last night were a trait of his. No anticipation or cunning. Get rid.
      Can't lead a line or hold a ball up. Get rid.

Led the line well and held up the ball equally well...............what chances did he miss?

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #763: Apr 06, 2017 08:12:33 pm
      ......what chances did he miss?

Seriously ? Did you watch the game ?  He didn't hold the line at all
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #764: Apr 06, 2017 08:31:11 pm
      Seriously ? Did you watch the game ?  He didn't hold the line at all

Yes but not sure you did, holding the line?

Seems like most on this forum thought he was MOTM.

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #765: Apr 06, 2017 08:45:38 pm
      Yes but not sure you did, holding the line?

Seems like most on this forum thought he was MOTM.
      I don't care what other people think. I judge by what i saw and he missed 2 gilt edged chances through being fast asleep. He didn't hold the line at all .
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #766: Apr 06, 2017 09:26:16 pm
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #767: Apr 06, 2017 09:53:41 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #768: Apr 06, 2017 09:58:57 pm

Stop talking sh*t.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #769: Apr 06, 2017 10:01:48 pm
      He was sh*t. He scored a header from 3 yrds out but let 2 golden goal scoring chances go through poor anticipation . That's why he's sh*t.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #770: Apr 06, 2017 10:07:40 pm
      He was sh*t. He scored a header from 3 yrds out but let 2 golden goal scoring chances go through poor anticipation . That's why he's sh*t.

Which would make every striker who has played sh*t.

But yeah carry on talking sh*t.

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #771: Apr 06, 2017 10:16:26 pm

Er what ? Yeh but the top strikers in our league don't have poor anticipation or trouble holding the line. Origi does. He's not a threat and can easily be negated .
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #772: Apr 06, 2017 11:27:04 pm

I see a couple of decent hold up moments, average play with far too many touches and no penetration. Poor runs which make defenders favourites for the passes he actually 'wants' (by the direction of his run), poor touches which actually are meant as control for himself which our other players sort out for him.

His best play is actually on the left wing and that's where previously I've said I think we should try him. His pace on the outside is a threat and I like the shots he takes from that side of the box which arc into the far corner. We could shift Coutinho into the middle and TAA wide right if we wanted to try him there but that's the only position I'd be starting him in for now. The reason being is I think Phil can be equally, if not more effective from the 10 role but there's nothing in that montage that changes my mind he had a poor game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,308 posts | 6374 
      Reply #773: Apr 06, 2017 11:29:01 pm
      I'm not going to say he's crap, but when you compare him to our best strikers in recent times (Suarez, Torres), he doesn't measure up. Honestly think we'd do better with Ings in there if only he were fit. Origi is a big, strong, fast kid. He needs to be more of a bully and a menace to opposing teams. He's got the tools, but  can he put them to good use.

And if you say  "Give him time he's only a kid"....fair enough, but that outlines the problem LFC have at the moment if we are relying on a kid that needs time.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #774: Apr 07, 2017 09:36:47 am

You've actually got a point though , i do talk a lot of sh*t.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #775: Apr 23, 2017 09:03:06 pm
      For a player of his height, he's terrible in the air. He looks clueless in the long balls, no timing or positioning. In the rare occasion he actually bothers to jump with the defender, he's also easily pushed away. Very frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a decent player with good potential - but that part of his game keeps letting him down.

One poster once compared him to Heskey, talking about his qualities in the air or something like that. I honestly cannot see any similarities whatsoever. He's a much better player using his pace rather than his height.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #776: Apr 23, 2017 11:03:40 pm
      Found a post that sums him up:
      ''He was crap, yet again, there was guy in the kop who was jumping up and down like he was on a pogo stick berating origi cos he failed to jump for so many balls in the 2nd half.   Add to him not making runs, not anticipating through balls, was like playing with 10 men.

as for age, saying he's 22 means nothing, owen and fowler was terrorising defences at younger ages, ousting older strikers.   This guy, in the side through default rather than merit, has the build and physique, he has no burning pace, he isn't strong enough at holding up the ball, touch isn't the greatest, he doesn't chase people down well enough, he doesn't anticipate chances well enough, he occasionally pops up with a goal, but don't think he's ever gonna be the player that grabs the bull by the horns.   He's just abit meh.

And meh, should never be good enough for Liverpool fc.''
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #777: Apr 23, 2017 11:09:02 pm
      Found a post that sums him up:
      ''He was crap, yet again, there was guy in the kop who was jumping up and down like he was on a pogo stick berating origi cos he failed to jump for so many balls in the 2nd half.   Add to him not making runs, not anticipating through balls, was like playing with 10 men.

as for age, saying he's 22 means nothing, owen and fowler was terrorising defences at younger ages, ousting older strikers.   This guy, in the side through default rather than merit, has the build and physique, he has no burning pace, he isn't strong enough at holding up the ball, touch isn't the greatest, he doesn't chase people down well enough, he doesn't anticipate chances well enough, he occasionally pops up with a goal, but don't think he's ever gonna be the player that grabs the bull by the horns.   He's just abit meh.

And meh, should never be good enough for Liverpool fc.''

Can't argue too much with this from what we've seen from divock this season. Shame thought we'd stumbled across a superstar this time last year
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #778: Apr 24, 2017 05:33:12 pm
      Was absolutely terrible yesterday , we got rid of two better target men in carol and Teckers , the way he was failing to get up yesterday could have sworn some fcker had nailed him to the turf , can count himself very fortunate to have got the whole game , was a shocking display from a Liverpool striker who has got the finesse of a baby water buffalo .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #779: Apr 24, 2017 05:59:51 pm
      Terrible, completely terrible and useless vs Palace, offered us nothing at all.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 40,161 posts | 8545 
      Reply #780: Apr 24, 2017 06:06:58 pm
      His problem for me is taking too many touches when it isn't needed, but at same time, the movement out of the rest of the team yesterday was F***ing woeful. At times when Origi went out wide and wanted to play the ball, there was F**k all on because the rest of the team are static as F**k.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,686 posts | 3708 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #781: May 01, 2017 10:49:34 am
      Origi needs to continue to show us what he is or else he will be on the bench next year again.

Quick Reply