Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 218247 times
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #69: Oct 20, 2014 08:55:07 am
      "Our Divock, he's a great footballer...Oh what the F**k? is Balotelli..." Sung to Sister Sledge's "He's the greatest dancer".

:lmao:
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #70: Oct 23, 2014 07:36:19 pm
      Just watching him against Everton, he'd make a big difference to our team. Just a pity we can't get him back, or so I believe.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #71: Oct 24, 2014 09:04:56 am
      As much as we'd like to have him with us now, I think finishing the season with Lille might be better for him in the long run. Between now and January we've probably close to a dozen matches? Enough time for Sturridge to return to the lineup and start banging goals again. Lambert and Balotelli might (MIGHT) finally hit their stride. Or this false 9 Sterling-Lallana-Coutinho thing might actually work. Who knows? I just hope that by January we won't be in such a deep pile of sh*t that recalling a 19-year-old from loan is the only solution to our problems.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #72: Nov 03, 2014 07:48:47 pm
      No early Liverpool return for Origi
      Divock Origi will not be allowed to return to Liverpool midway through his season-long loan at Lille, despite Brendan Rodgers' ongoing struggles to replace the goals of Luis Suarez.

Origi, 19, signed a six-year deal with Liverpool in the summer but was immediately loaned back for the season to Lille, the club where he had established his reputation as one of Europe's most exciting talents.

With Mario Balotelli so far failing to fill the void left by Suarez's £75 million summer departure for Barcelona and Daniel Sturridge hampered by injury problems, there had been speculation Liverpool could recall Origi, who has scored three times in 10 league outings for Lille this season.

But Lille coach Rene Girard says Origi will remain at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy until May, as initially agreed with Liverpool.

"It's only a rumour. There have been no approaches, as far as I know. It was agreed that Divock spend the year with us. There's no reason he should leave midway through the season," Girard, who compared Liverpool's problems in front of goal with his team's own difficulties, told Belgian radio RTBF. "Us too - we really need him."

On suggestions Balotelli could move the other way to compensate for Origi's departure, Girard said: "The matter has never been raised."

Origi - who made his Ligue 1 debut at 17 - was a surprise inclusion in his nation's World Cup squad, and is tipped to become a future star.

Girard compared his young forward to compatriots Aston Villa's Christian Benteke and Everton's Romelu Lukaku and believes Origi will outshine them in England.

"Divock has no reason to envy them, given his youth and his desire to succeed. He's going to continue improving year-on-year, and I think next year, he's going to be able to show he's one of Europe's greats," Girard explained.

Girard said earlier in October it would be wrong to expect such a young player to score "20 goals a season" for Lille, but still feels there is room for improvement from Origi.

"Currently, in terms of his heading, he must be at around 30 or 40% of his means," he added. "I am convinced that heading is more a state of mind rather than something truly technical. You go looking for the ball with your head if you really want to, and you can also use it as a weapon if you want to. There are players who aren't very big, but who are excellent headers of the ball.

"I think he's a boy who still has some way to go. Right now, he's at a club where he can grow by playing. He's a boy who has the makings of a great player. He has all the attributes."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/364015.html#rZIGF4jcSZ1gFjR6.99
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #73: Nov 03, 2014 11:11:42 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #74: Nov 03, 2014 11:51:42 pm

Maybe we wouldn't have been able to sign him at all unless we agreed to it though?

This signing was always one that looked to me that was set in stone he had to remain there for the season so I'm a bit mystified why so many are looking for him to come in January.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #75: Nov 04, 2014 12:47:30 am
      This signing was always one that looked to me that was set in stone he had to remain there for the season

so I'm a bit mystified why so many are looking for him to come in January.

Desperation ?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #76: Nov 04, 2014 12:51:24 am

Now you're moaning for the sake of it. Did you honestly think Lille would allow him to join in January? Baffling if you did.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #77: Nov 04, 2014 12:53:06 am

:D

Thankfully that's funny mate otherwise the truth of it might hurt more than it already does.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #78: Nov 04, 2014 09:11:35 am
      Now you're moaning for the sake of it. Did you honestly think Lille would allow him to join in January? Baffling if you did.

It means ( If you think about it ) that they were asked.

Otherwise keep your comments to yourself pal.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #79: Nov 04, 2014 09:58:20 am
      It means ( If you think about it ) that they were asked.

Otherwise keep your comments to yourself pal.

Does it? Mean they were asked? As their manager states it's 'just a rumour' and he was replying to a question in a press conference on the back of a 'report' in the English media?

:confused-smiley-013:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #80: Nov 04, 2014 10:10:42 am
      Does it? Mean they were asked? As their manager states it's 'just a rumour' and he was replying to a question in a press conference on the back of a 'report' in the English media?

:confused-smiley-013:

Easier to slate Brendan for something out of his control though.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #81: Nov 04, 2014 10:15:13 am
      Easier to slate Brendan for something out of his control though.

It's getting difficult and embarrassing to read to be honest si
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #82: Nov 04, 2014 10:24:56 am
      It's getting difficult and embarrassing to read to be honest si

Some criticisms can be justified Jon but other stuff is just ridiculous.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #83: Nov 04, 2014 10:30:30 am
      Some criticisms can be justified Jon but other stuff is just ridiculous.

Yep

I'm all for looking at things and pulling them apart, it's part of the game, good times and bad

Some of the stuff though currently is like my 5 year old telling me why the new Dora isn't as good as the old one

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #84: Nov 04, 2014 10:33:52 am
      Yeh Yeh .      its all a F***ing shambles.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #85: Nov 04, 2014 10:45:27 am
      Yeh Yeh .      its all a f**king shambles.

Yeah yeah

And right up there in the shambles table is aspects of the fan base
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #86: Nov 06, 2014 09:28:43 pm
      Be interesting to see how the young lad plays tonight.

Was poor wasn't he :( but then again, the whole of the Lille team played sh*t.

Origi doesn't look like a left or right sided player. I think he's best suited as a #9 as he showed during the WC.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #87: Nov 06, 2014 10:13:38 pm
      Be interesting to see how the young lad plays tonight.

Saw a little bit of the game and though he looked pretty decent, plenty of pace. Reckon he will be a good player for us, can see him linking up well with Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho; more so than Balotelli because he actually moves for the ball like.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #88: Nov 06, 2014 11:12:20 pm
      Anyone else see him tonight?

A lot of praise about him from many coaches, but I've hardly watched any game he's in.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #89: Nov 13, 2014 12:52:35 am
      Yup.

Got It.

Hes a dead ringer for Andi Peters    TV presenter.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #90: Nov 13, 2014 09:24:28 pm
      Apparently the goal he scored against Iceland was hit at 86mph, if nothing else that is a bloody rocket that lad has. If people remember the Reus/Balotelli/Fabregas contest I think Balo was winning them at 76mph. Granted it was a moving ball so it's easier to generate power but still encouraging sign that for a lad so young and only likely to gain in strength.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #91: Nov 13, 2014 10:02:33 pm
      Apparently the goal he scored against Iceland was hit at 86mph, if nothing else that is a bloody rocket that lad has. If people remember the Reus/Balotelli/Fabregas contest I think Balo was winning them at 76mph. Granted it was a moving ball so it's easier to generate power but still encouraging sign that for a lad so young and only likely to gain in strength.

Amazingly he is 6 months younger than Raheem!

Quick Reply