Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216062 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #989: Feb 28, 2019 06:10:59 pm
      Not 24 til April, and I would argue, a better footballer than Lukaku.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #990: Feb 28, 2019 06:29:20 pm
      I enjoyed him on the left last night,If a position suits it’s there I think..
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #991: Feb 28, 2019 06:49:20 pm
      Ouch. That hurt.  :laugh:

I sense I touched a nerve.

No mate you didn’t just calling you out on the constant drivel about Firmino and obsession about Studge.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #992: Feb 28, 2019 06:52:22 pm
      Always scores against Everton.

Would you have him start against blueshite?

For me if Firmino is fit he plays but Origi definitely ahead of Danny now and rightly so on performances and output this season.

He has all the attributes needed to be a top player but is a very up and down player right now.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #993: Feb 28, 2019 08:20:25 pm
      For me if Firmino is fit he plays

Not so sure. Firmino looks better because of his pressing and ball finesse, but is he better (more effective)? How often does he lose balls Origi doesn't because Divok doesn't try fancy stuff but plays very conservative? Also: Origi is a superior header threat. Still, when pushed I'd prefer Bobby out of pure tradition and reputation.

What seperates both (Bobby, Origi) from Daniel and Shaq is this: Daniel is just too lazy, he does almost nothing besides looking to score while Shaq does more and tries but is too small and slow to have some impact.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #994: Feb 28, 2019 08:28:12 pm
      Not so sure. Firmino looks better because of his pressing and ball finesse, but is he better (more effective)?

Yes he is.

There isn't even a debate as far as I'm concerned.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #995: Feb 28, 2019 09:06:30 pm
      Not so sure. Firmino looks better because of his pressing and ball finesse, but is he better (more effective)? How often does he lose balls Origi doesn't because Divok doesn't try fancy stuff but plays very conservative?

Firmino is head and shoulders above Divock, not sure if this is a wind up or not.

Like I have said before Firmino is the nucleus of our front three, he is the link, he makes it all happen so effortlessly.

On his day there is not another striker I would rather have in our team.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #996: Feb 28, 2019 09:30:43 pm
      Firmino must surely come back in for the next match, if fit.
      But fair play to Origi, he's played his part again when called on - would love to see him do another job on Everton if he does get another run out :)

Don't think Studge or Shaq have made much impact in recent games we've seen them imo. The close interlink play is not his game, but Divock has a bit of pace and power and directness than can cause teams problems, and gives us something a little different up top.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #997: Feb 28, 2019 10:11:08 pm
      He is in literally no way an upgrade on Firmino. He did well but for you to sit there and act like you know who the better player is, that's a bit comical. If you offer Origi or Firmino to any team in the entire world, not one would take Origi.

The only reason Origi would need more game time is so that he can have a good showing for us to sell him this summer.

You say it's comical for me to sit here and act like I know who the better player is, and yet in the same breath, you sit there and tell me who the better player is. I mean, come on.  :lmao:

People have been banging on about Firmino game after game. When he plays badly, he still amazingly contributes in ways that no-one with a football brain can see. When you break it down - he runs. He is the ultimate player, because he runs. The best striker, because he runs. The first player on the team sheet, because he runs.

Then they look at Sturridge in horror. Sturridge doesn't run!!!  :f_steam:

Origi impressed these people because he ran.

It's pathetic.

Origi impressed me because of his contribution to the game. His ability to take on the opposition player. His energy. His hunger. His willingness to take a shot. His ability to feed in other players. I've been saying for weeks that Firmino is playing poorly. I've been saying for weeks that we need to enable the bench players to get match time so that they can effectively contribute.

Finally, Origi got a chance, and he took it. Yes, he was an upgrade on Firmino because Firmino has been so poor for so long. He was everything we needed. An option from the bench, that can work with the other forwards, and contribute effectively to the team.

Finally it proved that Firmino is NOT required every game like some of you have been insisting. The idea of dropping Firmino was unthinkable here. It was laughed at. Who is laughing now?

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #998: Feb 28, 2019 10:17:23 pm
      You say it's comical for me to sit here and act like I know who the better player is, and yet in the same breath, you sit there and tell me who the better player is. I mean, come on.  :lmao:

People have been banging on about Firmino game after game. When he plays badly, he still amazingly contributes in ways that no-one with a football brain can see. When you break it down - he runs. He is the ultimate player, because he runs. The best striker, because he runs. The first player on the team sheet, because he runs.

It's pathetic.

Origi impressed me because of his contribution to the game. His ability to take on the opposition player. His energy. His hunger. His willingness to take a shot. His ability to feed in other players. I've been saying for weeks that Firmino is playing poorly. I've been saying for weeks that we need to enable the bench players to get match time so that they can effectively contribute.

Finally, Origi got a chance, and he took it. Yes, he was an upgrade on Firmino because Firmino has been so poor for so long. He was everything we needed. An option from the bench, that can work with the other forwards, and contribute effectively to the team.

Finally it proved that Firmino is NOT required every game like some of you have been insisting. The idea of dropping Firmino was unthinkable here. It was laughed at. Who is laughing now?

When has he been dropped Dan?

The only way he he doesn’t play (fit) is IF Jürgen rests him to save him for the remaining games.

Anything else is a complete change of thinking on the part of the boss.

You don’t have to agree fella.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #999: Feb 28, 2019 10:21:41 pm
      Very useful squad player to have, scored a very good goal, against Watford last night.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1000: Feb 28, 2019 10:24:51 pm
      When has he been dropped Dan?

The only way he he doesn’t play (fit) is IF Jürgen rests him to save him for the remaining games.

Anything else is a complete change of thinking on the part of the boss.

You don’t have to agree fella.

Appreciate that Scotia, and thought that would be picked up on. However the point is the same. It was more about 'how can we play without Firmino?'. Well, we did, and we can.

I would however play Firmino in the next match against Everton if fit. Leave Origi to come on and knock in a late goal off the bar.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1001: Feb 28, 2019 10:31:43 pm
      Appreciate that Scotia, and thought that would be picked up on. However the point is the same. It was more about 'how can we play without Firmino?'. Well, we did, and we can.

I would however play Firmino in the next match against Everton if fit. Leave Origi to come on and knock in a late goal off the bar.

Fair do’s

Mind I think he has boxed off the the ultimate piss boiling ending.

Can’t beat that......

Let’s just give ‘em a right doing this time.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1002: Feb 28, 2019 10:44:24 pm
      Agree there. That cannot be outdone.

But hey, if he does, this thread will be in over drive and deservedly so.  :laugh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1003: Mar 01, 2019 12:58:16 am
      Starts up top against Everton for me. They will sh*t themselves more then they already are!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1004: Mar 01, 2019 01:33:03 am

It's pathetic.

It’s a bit comical because there’s no evidence to support Divock being better, not in the past present or future. And the man that matters, Jürgen happens to think Firmino is absolutely key to the way we play. Oh great, so Divock scores a goal against a team we’ve now scored 16 goals against in three games. Yea I suppose that means we don’t need Firmino anymore and should start playing Origi.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #1005: Mar 01, 2019 02:50:11 pm

It's pathetic.

I share part of your thinking: Firmino has been average too often and has played more minutes than he deserved given his performance.  Origi and Sturridge, for me, deserved more playing time but they hardly play even of Firmino, Salah or Mane underperform. But sticking to Firmino, I agree that very often I thought that he should have been dropped for a striker; that does not mean he is inferior but when you're not performing at a proper level, you should be dropped.

Origi deserves to play more, as do Sturridge and Shaqiri. How many times were we struggling for a goal, with the front 3 ineffective, but Klopp did not give Shaqiri, Origi or Sturridge a chance? Too many times....
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1006: Mar 01, 2019 03:02:47 pm
      It’s a bit comical because there’s no evidence to support Divock being better, not in the past present or future. And the man that matters, Jürgen happens to think Firmino is absolutely key to the way we play. Oh great, so Divock scores a goal against a team we’ve now scored 16 goals against in three games. Yea I suppose that means we don’t need Firmino anymore and should start playing Origi.

It's not just Klopp that thinks Firmino is key to how we play.

Anyone with a pair of eyes who is not pushing some ridiculous agenda would say the same.

Origi had a good game against Watford, but he's no Bobby.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #1007: Mar 01, 2019 03:33:54 pm
      Seriously we are not comparing Origi to Firmino right? Or my eyes are playing some kind of dirty trick here?

Yeah its all well and good after one good game from Origi, but seriously are some of the folks saying to drop Firmino in favor of origi even if Firmino would be fit?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1008: Mar 31, 2019 08:36:48 pm
      Good little cameo to get the corners. Eventually led us to score the winner from corner.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1009: Mar 31, 2019 09:30:14 pm
      Always positive and takes people on. Love how direct he is.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1010: May 05, 2019 12:19:34 am
      Should probably be moved on in the summer but he has scored 2 massive goals late in games to make sure our dreams stay alive.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1011: May 05, 2019 12:25:19 am
      I always slate him, sometimes he makes me a fool, I don’t mind if he keeps doing it as long as he’s here.

Quick Reply