Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216144 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)
      Jul 29, 2014 05:16:49 pm
      The lad's officially signed. Welcome to the club.

Guess we'll all be watching bits of Lille next season see how he's getting on

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2022 08:41:44 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #1: Jul 29, 2014 05:18:43 pm
      Don't forget the dodgy breaking news pic.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: Jul 29, 2014 05:23:52 pm
      The lad's officially signed. Welcome to the club.

Guess we'll all be watching bits of Lille next season see how he's getting on

Confirmed he's going back on loan then yeah?

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Jul 29, 2014 05:26:56 pm
      Divock, welcome to Liverpool Football Club. How does it feel to have signed for the club?

I am very, very happy and delighted a club as big as Liverpool showed interest in me. I'm very excited.

What was your reaction when you discovered Liverpool wanted to sign you?

I was very happy because I know that Liverpool are a big club. I was very excited and knew this could be something big for me.

You're still just 19 years of age, so how big a step is this for you and your career?

For me, it was my dream to play for a big club. I know Liverpool is a club with a great history, so for me it was perfect.

What has the manager, Brendan Rodgers, told you about how he sees your future here?

He showed a lot of interest [in me] and told me that with hard work I could go far. I have to work hard, he's a great coach and I'm very happy.

For anyone who maybe hasn't seen you play, what are your main qualities as a player?

I would say my speed, pace, technique, in one against one [situations] and my scoring abilities. Those are my main strengths.

We know you'll spend next season back on loan at Lille - what will your aims be for the next year?

Just to progress. This year I'll have a chance to play at European level, so in the Europa League or Champions League. It's important for me to gain a place in the team, improve and be ready for the season after that.

So it'll be very helpful for you in preparing for life at Liverpool?

Yes, of course. They also have a great coach, so it'll be very helpful.

What do you know about the history of Liverpool Football Club. Are you aware of the history and the fans?

Yes, of course. I know it's a club with a great history, great fans and a lot of great players. For me, Liverpool is one of the greatest clubs in the world and I'm very excited to be part of this great history.

Are you looking forward to linking up with some of those players?

I always watched Liverpool on the TV when I was small and if you see players like Gerrard and Sturridge, it's exciting to know that you're going to be playing with them.

So when you watched Liverpool playing on TV when you were a child, did you ever think 'one day I might be there, I might be playing for Liverpool'?

People always told me I had talent and could go as far as I wanted, I just had to work hard. To say I'd play for Liverpool one day, no. I am very happy I have the chance now and I'll try to maximise everything.

The team had a great season last season, just narrowly missing out on the league title - did you see any of it?

I watched practically every game of Liverpool's. They had a great season. You could see there was a great mix of experienced and young players, and a good coach. It was nice to see them play.

You enjoyed a great World Cup. How did you find that experience?

For me, it was very special because the coach showed a lot of confidence in me. To be able to play on the world stage was very special, as was playing for my country, as it was my first call-up for the national team. I learned a lot of things during the World Cup.

What did it mean to you to score a goal in the World Cup finals?

It was a great moment as a young player to be able to score [against Russia]. It was in the Maracana stadium and was like a dream come true. In football, everything can go fast - that's a nice thing about football.

It's been an incredible summer for you so far then, hasn't it?

Yes, it's been great. I am especially happy that I'm able to sign for a big club like Liverpool. Now I just have to continue to work hard.

Your international teammate Simon Mignolet is already at Liverpool. Have you spoken to him about the club?

Yes, of course. He's said a lot of good things about Liverpool and told me it's the perfect club for me. He was only positive, and it was great to be able to talk with him about Liverpool.

Have you been asking him lots of questions about Liverpool? Has there been anything you've particularly been keen to find out?

I just asked how the club is, the environment and the people. He told me everything was good about the club. He didn't have a bad word to say.

How important will he be in helping you settle in here?

Mignolet is a very friendly person. He always helps me, even with the national team. He'll be important for me.

Can you put into words what it is exactly that excites you most about this new challenge at Liverpool?

The fact we have a young team and can grow. That's the most exciting part. With the coach we have, he's a great manager who can handle a young team, and we also have experienced players. For me it's very exciting. I think we can go very far - we have a lot of quality in the group.

You mentioned earlier you're aware of the great fans Liverpool have, are you looking forward to playing in front of them at Anfield?

I think everybody dreams of playing in a stadium full of passionate supporters. For me, it'll be great and I'll do everything I can to please the fans.

Finally, what's your message to Liverpool fans reading this interview?

Just that I am very proud to sign for the club. I'll give everything for the club, like I did when I was small and did for Lille. I'm hoping we can achieve great things together.

The First Interview.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Jul 29, 2014 05:37:46 pm
      Confirmed he's going back on loan then yeah?

Confirmed he is being sent back on loan for the season.
      I suppose long term he replaces Lambert.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5: Jul 29, 2014 05:39:01 pm
      Good signing. Interesting to hear Brendan's words, something along the lines of "I genuinely believe he can become one of the most exciting talents in world football."

Thought he looked extremely raw at the world cup but bags of potential. Needs to work on his awareness and movement but when he has a yard or two to run into the lad is exceptional and if he can develop the other side of his game he has all the physical attributes to be an outstanding forward.

Hope to hear glowing reports all year about the lad,

Welcome to the greatest football family on earth!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #6: Jul 29, 2014 05:41:47 pm
      Great news! I agree with Brendan's assessment: Origi looks like he can genuinely become world class with all of his raw ability. We just need to refine it and I think Brendan can properly coax it.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #7: Jul 29, 2014 05:42:04 pm
      Very exciting signing. I still slightly question the loaning back, but maybe it's because another player is due in before the start of the season. I'd like to think this is the case as we need more options imo.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8: Jul 29, 2014 05:44:41 pm
      Confirmed he is being sent back on loan for the season.
      I suppose long term he replaces Lambert.

Thought as much, nice one. Selfishly wanted him now from what I've heard and read about him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Jul 29, 2014 06:08:17 pm
      Welcome aboard, Divock! Very excited to see him next season and this.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #10: Jul 29, 2014 06:31:44 pm
      Really excited about this signing and it also makes perfect sense for him to hone his skills at Lille for another season BUT I did wonder if we might have tried t negotiate an immediate transfer in the wake of the Remy deal falling through because I believe this lad would still get quite a few minutes at LFC this season.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #11: Jul 29, 2014 06:33:33 pm
      If ya smelllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllll ll la la la la what D Vock is cooking.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #12: Jul 29, 2014 07:39:05 pm
      I thought that after the Remy signing fell through that he would come straight to Anfield, but i guess it was always part of the deal that he would stay on loan.
      I assume we have another target lined up for this season then.

This will be a great signing for us,  we are building a strong team that will be together for years.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #13: Jul 29, 2014 09:48:29 pm
      Welcome home. Keep improving at Lille and see you next year! YNWA So now I will be watching the highlights of Lille games :)
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #14: Jul 29, 2014 09:51:03 pm
      Great piece of business. Welcome Divock. Smash the French up before stepping onto the worlds biggest stage.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15: Jul 29, 2014 10:39:22 pm
      Haven't seen a lot of this kid,other than the last few weeks to be perfectly honest, but he looks like he could be a right handful with experience and some good coaching.

Welcome Divock - you'll be here before you know it kid.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #16: Jul 30, 2014 02:07:09 am
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Jul 30, 2014 02:56:51 am
      Welcome Divock  -  ynwa
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #18: Jul 30, 2014 03:21:36 am
       :f_whistle:

TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #19: Jul 30, 2014 03:42:25 am
      Having a look see..

http://youtu.be/nV3NC6aeqyM
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #20: Jul 30, 2014 06:44:16 am
      I suppose it's too late to keep this lad this season.....
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Jul 30, 2014 07:44:56 am
      Welcome to the Greatest Club in the world, Divock. Look forward to see you come on board next season. Stay hungry and injury free and we'll see you in 12 months.

Question for my knowledgable Red friends.

If ( knock on wood) 1 or more of our strikers suffer long term injuries THIS SEASON, are we able to call this lad up from his loan spell?
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2014 01:33:54 pm by AussieRed »
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #22: Jul 30, 2014 01:04:13 pm
      Welcome to the club, Divock :)

Quick Reply