Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 218911 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #345: Jul 25, 2015 09:34:13 pm
      What are everyone's first impressions of Origi now we have seen him in a few pre-season games? He's taken a bit of criticism from Lawrenson and Fowler during commentary and interviews on the tour, much of it on the money for my book. The main criticism has been about his instincts in the box ie. that he has looked quite flat footed, slow to react to what might happen, not attacking the right spaces when crosses come into the box. He was played in with a lovely through ball (from Henderson I think) in the last game and one on one with the keeper and he looked pretty lost (in stark contrast to Ings In the previous game) and fluffed the chance. He looks like he has plenty to offer outside of the box but a real project to turn him into a genuine goal threat in the EPL. I'm hoping they Robbie god work with him for a few sessions. Personally I was a bit miffed that Ings has seen less minutes than Origi on this tour, I would have liked to have seen more of the lad.

In his first game I thought he looked good but in the rest of his games it was evidently clear that he's very raw and he needs to have as little pressure put on him as possible. It's easy to criticise but we definitely forget how young some of these lads are compared to the established, more older players. He has pace, a bit of trickery and he fights to win the ball back (a trait that Ings has) so that should put him in good stead. He just needs to get himself into the right positions more frequently and the goals will come.

I hope we're not calling for him to go after just one season because he hasn't set the world alight.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #346: Jul 25, 2015 09:55:04 pm
      What are everyone's first impressions of Origi now we have seen him in a few pre-season games? He's taken a bit of criticism from Lawrenson and Fowler during commentary and interviews on the tour, much of it on the money for my book. The main criticism has been about his instincts in the box ie. that he has looked quite flat footed, slow to react to what might happen, not attacking the right spaces when crosses come into the box. He was played in with a lovely through ball (from Henderson I think) in the last game and one on one with the keeper and he looked pretty lost (in stark contrast to Ings In the previous game) and fluffed the chance. He looks like he has plenty to offer outside of the box but a real project to turn him into a genuine goal threat in the EPL. I'm hoping they Robbie god work with him for a few sessions. Personally I was a bit miffed that Ings has seen less minutes than Origi on this tour, I would have liked to have seen more of the lad.

I'll be totally honest, from what I've seen. He looks very clumsy, doesn't really have movement to snake away from a tight defence and I haven't seen anything to really impress me. Unfortunately that's my take on him playing for us so far, it is pre season so yeah who knows.
      That's what's been going through my mind whilst watching him playing for us. But I won't do a Lawro, he probably stalks him on social media, because he's obsessed.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #347: Jul 25, 2015 09:58:08 pm

Think the natural striking instinct thing was highlighted again in the game vs Malaysia. I think it's Lallana's shot which comes back off the keeper, and there's Origi standing flat footed metres away. Obviously Origi is not Suarez, but had that been Luis in that situation, I imagine he would have already been on the move, anticipating a rebound, as soon as he saw the Liverpool player about to take a shot. You can see Henderson giving out to Origi telling him exactly that. You have to follow up shots, especially against poor keepers. This is pretty simple Sunday league stuff.

Divock looks like he has plenty of natural technical ability, good physical attributes, the key, at least insofar as I can make out from the few times we've seen him, is that he may need to work on the mental side of his game the most.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #348: Jul 26, 2015 03:00:29 pm

Origi has played as expected to me. Good game one day, then showing loads of inexperience the next. There's a lot of raw talent there that needs some refining, but he'll be a good player for us in the end. His combination of power, pace, strength and size will be perfect coming off the bench this year.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1774 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #349: Jul 27, 2015 11:21:26 am
      Ruff diamond, defo got a bit to learn this season, he will be 4th choice striker.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #350: Jul 27, 2015 08:34:44 pm
      He's a presence upfront that's for sure, I don't mean that ironically. He bothers the other teams defence and pulls them out of position which could come in very useful even if he doesn't find his clinical edge this season.
      Ungainly and poor choices for shots and passes but he's still learning, it's just my initial impressions having watched him play for us in pre season which isn't always a true reflection of what players will do once games matter for real.
      They probably are mainly concerned about fitness and not getting injured before the new season actually starts.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #351: Jul 28, 2015 01:04:38 pm
      raw talent this lad, i think playing him out wide for a season to gain some more experiance defending and taking on players would suit him this season and only play him up front when resting others or due to injuries of other strikers.

I think he will get us around 5 goals this season from the subs bench along with the odd start in cup games
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #352: Jul 28, 2015 01:21:49 pm
      raw talent this lad, i think playing him out wide for a season to gain some more experiance defending and taking on players would suit him this season and only play him up front when resting others or due to injuries of other strikers.

I think he will get us around 5 goals this season from the subs bench along with the odd start in cup games

Why on earth would he need to experience defending? We want him to score goals not become a full back.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #353: Jul 28, 2015 01:35:13 pm
      Why on earth would he need to experience defending? We want him to score goals not become a full back.
      to improve his all round game, some players are born with ability to defend from the front I.E surez, sanchez type players mostly south americans but Europe players tend to not be the best at defending from the front which if he had a few games as a winger not wingback he would learn more about tackling working for the team. This is not a negative just an area to develop which will long term make him an all round better striker. Players who have had experiance as wingers do improve their striking game.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #354: Aug 02, 2015 11:03:27 am
      Has everybody forgotten about this striker that scored for us yesterday!!!!
      Ffs sake people credit when due...........not a single post(bar post match) yet ballo's is non stop.
      Look forward not back,if u get what I mean.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #355: Aug 03, 2015 08:42:40 am
      He's looked good pre-season big, strong powerful and quick. Think he could be a decent player to bring on last 20 for Benteke and cause defenders problems.

Has a big future at the club I reckon 2 seasons time he will be a big name and top player.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #356: Aug 03, 2015 09:03:51 am
      He's looked good pre-season big, strong powerful and quick. Think he could be a decent player to bring on last 20 for Benteke and cause defenders problems.

Has a big future at the club I reckon 2 seasons time he will be a big name and top player.

I'm not just as sold yet mate. He looks good at times but at other times looks like Bamby on ice. Nice goal the other day though so lets hope we see more of that.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #357: Aug 03, 2015 10:06:05 am
      I still think a loan to a Premier League club like Leicester, Palace or WBA could do him alot of good.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #358: Aug 03, 2015 10:36:11 am
      I still think a loan to a Premier League club like Leicester, Palace or WBA could do him alot of good.

Think you're better off going to another premier league forum on a permanent deal you Muppet!!!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #359: Aug 03, 2015 10:41:53 am
      Think you're better off going to another premier league forum on a permanent deal you Muppet!!!

You seem to have an agenda against me, regardless of what i post you come up with cheap insults. Is that the best you can do ? You must have a really sad life if everything you do is being a voyeur of my posts on a forum.

I enjoy the banter i have with other users who don't agree with me, but you seem to be a rare breed (to say the least).

And to reassure you: this is the only football forum i post in, because around here there are users who post interesting stuff and opinions (unlike you of course) and you really can have some discussions even if you don't share their opinion.
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2015 10:54:16 am by GeorgeRed »
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #360: Aug 03, 2015 12:39:09 pm
      If he is promised a regular starting place I can see why that would work but if he's not a starter then I would keep him for our cup games and to replace Benteke,Sturridge to see out last 20min of games. He seems raw and with some way to go but he's only 20 so a loan would not be the end of the world
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #361: Aug 05, 2015 10:47:14 pm
      If he is promised a regular starting place I can see why that would work but if he's not a starter then I would keep him for our cup games and to replace Benteke,Sturridge to see out last 20min of games. He seems raw and with some way to go but he's only 20 so a loan would not be the end of the world

He was on loan last season to Lille, part of the deal of why we bought him in the first place, I can't see any viable reason why we should embellish another prem club with his 'raw' talents just so he can gain experience, if we introduce him bit by bit he will lose the rawness and hopefully develop into a top finisher that would enhance our strike force no end, he stays, gets his nut down, works hard, doesn't sulk like someone I could mention learns his trade off his fellow countryman, simples !

YNWA
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #362: Aug 06, 2015 10:39:06 am

He was on loan last season to Lille, part of the deal of why we bought him in the first place, I can't see any viable reason why we should embellish another prem club with his 'raw' talents just so he can gain experience, if we introduce him bit by bit he will lose the rawness and hopefully develop into a top finisher that would enhance our strike force no end, he stays, gets his nut down, works hard, doesn't sulk like someone I could mention learns his trade off his fellow countryman, simples !

YNWA
      True mate maybe start to bed him in during cup and Europa games also we need to ensure Benteke is not injured so could come on last 20 in games to add another dimention. He has all the attributes to be a big player same as Ings its how BR manages them will be the difference
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #363: Sep 04, 2015 08:27:28 am
      Had a good cameo for Belgium yesterday. Only played for 10 minutes, but he showed more than Lukaku in 80 minutes. I would be good for him (and thus for us) if he gets some more gametime on Sunday against Cyprus.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #364: Sep 04, 2015 04:11:49 pm
      Had a good cameo for Belgium yesterday. Only played for 10 minutes, but he showed more than Lukaku in 80 minutes. I would be good for him (and thus for us) if he gets some more gametime on Sunday against Cyprus.

And that's why we saw Origi get significant minutes in the World Cup, most of which were at Lukaku's expense.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #365: Sep 04, 2015 04:23:21 pm
      True mate maybe start to bed him in during cup and Europa games also we need to ensure Benteke is not injured so could come on last 20 in games to add another dimention. He has all the attributes to be a big player same as Ings its how BR manages them will be the difference

That's the key. Not sure we're the right club for young talent at the moment to be honest. Signs haven't been promising to me lately.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #366: Sep 05, 2015 07:15:31 pm
      What are the stats / comparisons like between Origi and that fella the scum bought?
      Love if one of our more informed forum members could give some analysis for me
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #367: Sep 05, 2015 09:43:08 pm
      http://thumbsnap.com/s/C3EEvkHU.jpg
      very similar stats apart from the £20 mil plus they paid over the top for him

Quick Reply