Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 218797 times
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #782: May 01, 2017 01:46:50 pm
      We need to play much quicker up top to get the best out of Origi. I think we can see the raw potential...but when we play slow and predictable then we will need a forward with trickery and guile...which he is not.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #783: May 03, 2017 11:35:14 pm
      The most worrying thing for me regarding Origi is his failure to commit. I`ve seen him twice (at least one of those times coming on as a sub, fresh off the bench) fail to make a run that could have resulted in a goal. He`s very young and is being given the chance to be Liverpool`s first choice (pure) striker, but at the moment he is not showing he deserves or wants the role.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #784: May 04, 2017 03:01:59 am
      The most worrying thing for me regarding Origi is his failure to commit. I`ve seen him twice (at least one of those times coming on as a sub, fresh off the bench) fail to make a run that could have resulted in a goal. He`s very young and is being given the chance to be Liverpool`s first choice (pure) striker, but at the moment he is not showing he deserves or wants the role.

Agreed mate. I also noticed he seem a bit disinterested since his comment on the media about 'frustrate' a few months back. I'm big fan of Divock and will love to see him success with us but this season he has no progress hopefully him with Klopps tutelage can reach his potential. Come on Origi !   
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #785: May 07, 2017 05:19:23 pm
      Yet another piss poor performance from a player who at the moment looks like he couldn't score in a brothel .
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #786: May 07, 2017 05:21:38 pm
      Yet another piss poor performance from a player who at the moment looks like he couldn't score in a brothel .

:lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #787: May 07, 2017 06:40:12 pm
      I thought he'd kick on with games under his belt, but for whatever reason, he just hasn't taken his opportunity.

One huge concern for me is his sluggish body movement, it feels as if he has the agility of a target man. Can was similar in terms of sluggishness, but with a good run of games he has shaken that off and looks quicker and sharper, something I had hope Origi would follow.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #788: May 07, 2017 06:59:34 pm
      I thought he'd kick on with games under his belt, but for whatever reason, he just hasn't taken his opportunity.

One huge concern for me is his sluggish body movement, it feels as if he has the agility of a target man. Can was similar in terms of sluggishness, but with a good run of games he has shaken that off and looks quicker and sharper, something I had hope Origi would follow.

I don't get it at all mate because he is really tall yet can't judge headers, he's really strong but takes about 4 or 5 times getting bullied and almost smiling back at defenders before he starts to get angry. His touches seem to be like watching the second hand on a clock go around as he slowly rotates in either direction.

Above all this it's his anticipation and movement that have wound me up more and more as the games go on. I've come to the conclusion that Origi's movement is just that "I decide to move now" is all that goes in his head, there's no thought process before that, no consideration where his team-mates are and absolutely no forethought of what will happen if he receives the ball on the end of his run. So it's either him standing central and drawing defenders to the middle of the goal therefore putting them in the perfect place to block runs or block shots or he'll run so far wide that he becomes irrelevant, of course these runs aren't timed to when one of our players wants to run beyond him either.

I thought when he first arrived that he wouldn't make a striker for as long as any of us have a hole in our arse and right now I'm almost down to that level again. There was a small time where he banged in a few goals and looked a bit sharper where he had me questioning my initial opinion of him but no he's firmly on my sh*t list as I'm sure everyone is far too well aware of right now, you especially, but he's infuriating me.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #789: May 07, 2017 09:14:44 pm
      sh*t
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #790: May 07, 2017 09:51:05 pm
      i wouldn't be surprised if he got a new contract - thats how strange our ambition and rewards/contract system seems to be working of late
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #791: May 07, 2017 09:54:01 pm
      Completely lost form at present. Really poor
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #792: May 07, 2017 09:54:22 pm
      i wouldn't be surprised if he got a new contract - thats how strange our ambition and rewards/contract system seems to be working of late

I get this feeling too, also think Jürgen rates the lad so I hope to god if that happens that Jürgen is proven right and Divock smashes in 20+.
      AHKopLFC
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #793: May 08, 2017 10:30:11 am
      I think Origi needs to be a squad player and nothing more. Useful to have when a game is stretched late on when a ball is played over the top but aside from that don't think he is going to cut it. He has had the time now to prove himself but has far from impressed. I would like to know what Klopp sees to think it's a good idea to play Origi over Studge in a game so compact and tight!
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #794: May 08, 2017 11:57:33 am
      Completely lost form at present. Really poor

Like the guy. With the ball at his feet he is quite brilliant, but can't dispute, he is in a poor phase, and has been over recent games.

Perhaps also struggling with this 1 man striker role that we seem to go with. All of our Strikers have struggled in this sytem, and we blame the striker, but not so much the issues surrounding that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #795: May 08, 2017 12:30:23 pm
      Origi scores pretty good goals when he gets the ball served to him on a plate in a good position. The problem is he's seldom in a good position anymore and he can't create something for himself. Unlike Suarez who could turn lemons into lemonade.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2017 02:46:49 pm by FL Red »
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #796: May 08, 2017 01:56:45 pm
      Too early to right the lad off, his just having a bad spell of form at the moment and with the way the team is playing it doesn't surprise me one bit.

I personally prefer Origi starting than Sturridge normally, but right now the lad needs a rest and some pressure of his shoulders.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #797: May 08, 2017 02:17:57 pm
      He managed just 7 passes yesterday, that's astonishing. Sturridge managed 8 in the time he was on.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #798: May 08, 2017 03:26:50 pm
      Wasn't he always better when coming on a a sub or is that just my imagination? Maybe a little spell on the subs bench might get his focus back.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #799: May 08, 2017 10:59:20 pm
      Origi is off form. Sturridge needs to play.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #800: May 09, 2017 11:50:02 am
      We simply don't have the time to hope Origi come s good . I don't see anything in his game or attitude to make me think he can bring something to this team .
      He's built bigger than Costa ( Who can retain the ball while holding off a couple of defenders ) yet he is simply shrugged off the ball with no fuss.
      Sticking with him will hold us back.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #801: May 09, 2017 02:07:10 pm
      We simply don't have the time to hope Origi come s good . I don't see anything in his game or attitude to make me think he can bring something to this team .
      He's built bigger than Costa ( Who can retain the ball while holding off a couple of defenders ) yet he is simply shrugged off the ball with no fuss.
      Sticking with him will hold us back.

In what world is he built bigger than Costa?
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,565 posts | 730 
      Reply #802: May 09, 2017 04:35:15 pm
      He's 21, give the lad a break.

Its our managers fault we're relying on a 21 year old as our ONLY out and out striker. Just like we're relying on a right footed midfielder as a left back. There we're trouble areas we knew about at the start of the season which were not take care of in Jan.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #803: May 09, 2017 04:37:48 pm
      He's 21, give the lad a break.

Its our managers fault we're relying on a 21 year old as our ONLY out and out striker. Just like we're relying on a right footed midfielder as a left back. There we're trouble areas we knew about at the start of the season which were not take care of in Jan.

I don't care how old he is. He himself made some comments about his playing time. Don't talk about how you need more playing time if you don't do anything with it. Although I agree, Klopp is in this situation to play him at his own downfall. No one forced him to not buy reinforcements in January.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #804: May 09, 2017 08:12:34 pm
      In what world is he built bigger than Costa?

Super Mario world. Origi just needs mushrooms

Quick Reply