Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216157 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread (On loan at Wolfsburg)
      Reply #851: Sep 02, 2017 03:07:40 am
      Good luck & all the best Origi.  ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #852: Oct 16, 2017 04:17:45 pm
      2 goals in 6 appearances. Not sure if we will see him back but looks like the loan move his doing him good.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #853: Nov 09, 2017 09:10:09 pm
      I saw he bagged a brace the other day, and it appears that he's starting regularly for them.  Anyone actually watching or tracking his performances??
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #854: Nov 10, 2017 03:56:19 am
      Delighted he is doing well!
      Good for him and good for us!
      Now sell to the highest bidder because of what I have seen of him in a red shirt, he is very very average and deeply frustrating.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #855: Nov 12, 2017 09:18:38 pm
      I saw he bagged a brace the other day, and it appears that he's starting regularly for them.  Anyone actually watching or tracking his performances??

I've been trying to, but their games are usually inbetween the Premier League games on Saturday (14.30PM Kick-off) so I haven't been able to catch too many games, other than the occasional half hour. I watched the full game against Bayern Munich. He didn't score a brace against Berlin, it was a goal and an assist, but close enough.

He has scored 4 and assisted 1 in the 9 (including substitutions) league games he has played for them . So his numbers aren't bad, considering he's playing in a team that was struggling at the start of the season. They have still only won 1 game out of 11, with a ton of draws because they are incapable of keeping a clean sheet (1 out of 11).

Watching them play reminds me a bit of our period last season when we were without Mane, Lallana and Coutinho and where he went on to score 5 in 5 games or something. His team isn't playing well, but he's still (somehow) putting the ball in the back of the net. Interestingly enough, his best performance for them so far has come from the right wing after Gomez returned.

Still think he's not a lone striker for a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. He has been really good for us when playing with a partner (Southampton game and Sturridge), as he did with Gomez against Berlin (and he played well) or as a wide player on the left, in a role similar to Mane's.

Delighted he is doing well!
      Good for him and good for us!
      Now sell to the highest bidder because of what I have seen of him in a red shirt, he is very very average and deeply frustrating.

Don't agree that he's very very average, but I can see where you're coming from with the "deeply frustrating". Hope he develops well at Wolfsburg. Still only 22 years old too, he has plenty of time to be come a really good player, which I think he can be.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #856: Dec 14, 2017 05:50:13 pm
      Haven't really seen any of him play, heard some reports he started brilliantly and has tailed off quite badly now. This though, that's not a pretty sight for a striker :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42345479

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #857: Dec 15, 2017 07:16:00 pm
      To be fair i'm hoping we cash in on him in the Summer. He's still really raw and he's had enough games now to lose that greeness.

He may well make it yet, but I don't think we have to take that risk. Someone will see his undoubted potential but my hope is always that we find something close to the finished article instead.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #858: Mar 26, 2018 06:25:40 pm
      Hearing that Divock isn't doing all that well over at Wolfsburg. TBH I'd have him back in the summer. Yes he is still a raw talent but I think him working with our current crop of forwards would push him on. I mean if you can't learn off the likes of Bobby, Mané and Salah then there's an issue so I'd give him another go. To me he would offer a little more, even off the bench, than what Solanke is providing at the moment. I'm not down on Solanke but maybe he could benefit from a loan next season. I just think Origi has something to prove and he's proved he can score goals for us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #859: Mar 26, 2018 06:47:49 pm
      Not good enough for us at this point. He had plenty of time to prove his value. Move on.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #860: Mar 26, 2018 06:52:05 pm
      Sell him, Ings and Sturridge and put the funds towards a forward. Someone whos more able to play anywhere along the front 3 than those guys.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #861: Mar 26, 2018 07:28:13 pm
      Rewind back to about this time two years ago and he was the bees knees. He was as great a factor in us overcoming Dortmund as any player in the squad. He continued to do the job in and around that tie and scored the opening goal against Everton and was doing brilliantly until he was more or less assaulted by that thug Funes Mori. He clearly has (or had) talents but since that period two years ago they have gone AWOL. Will they ever come back? I don't know and to be honest I don't think Jürgen is that intent on knowing anymore. He seems a definite gonner.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #862: Apr 07, 2018 07:24:38 pm
      Really nice assist today for Divock.
      I think we should have another look at Origi in the summer. I know he’s had a tough year at Wolfsburg but they’ve been really bad this year. I think there’s a player in the lad and that he is a better option than Ings, Solanke and Sturridge
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #863: Apr 07, 2018 08:02:08 pm
      Really nice assist today for Divock.
      I think we should have another look at Origi in the summer. I know he’s had a tough year at Wolfsburg but they’ve been really bad this year. I think there’s a player in the lad and that he is a better option than Ings, Solanke and Sturridge
      We can get rid of Origi. Expecting to sign better in the summer. Ings will probably be sold too, Solanke on loan and Sturridge on the injury bench.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #864: Apr 08, 2018 06:45:38 am
      He's miles ahead of Solanke for me would have made more an impact yesterday.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #865: Apr 08, 2018 07:54:15 am
      He's miles ahead of Solanke for me would have made more an impact yesterday.

For sure, Origi is much better than Ings and Solanke.

We can get rid of Origi. Expecting to sign better in the summer. Ings will probably be sold too, Solanke on loan and Sturridge on the injury bench.

I would keep Origi. I will sell Sturridge and Ings and loan Solanke to a Premiership team and see what he can do.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #866: Apr 08, 2018 12:44:35 pm
      For sure, Origi is much better than Ings and Solanke.

I would keep Origi. I will sell Sturridge and Ings and loan Solanke to a Premiership team and see what he can do.
      It's a valid point. Players should be loaned to PL clubs. We pretty much messed up on Markovic loaning him to other leagues.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #867: Apr 08, 2018 06:24:36 pm
      It's a valid point. Players should be loaned to PL clubs. We pretty much messed up on Markovic loaning him to other leagues.

Exactly, I would loan him to the promoted teams or Huddersfield or Newcastle plus I prefer Origi coming for the last 15 minutes than the others.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #868: May 12, 2018 10:34:46 pm
      Scored the winner today to help Wolfsburg avoid auto-relegation. they will still have a playoff.

I'd like to see him return next season and be part of our squad. He wouldn't be first choice but likely would get plenty of opportunities over the course of a season.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #869: May 12, 2018 11:14:50 pm
      Scored the winner today to help Wolfsburg avoid auto-relegation. they will still have a playoff.

I'd like to see him return next season and be part of our squad. He wouldn't be first choice but likely would get plenty of opportunities over the course of a season.

Completely agree. Origi with Salah and Mane either side would do just fine I think
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #870: May 12, 2018 11:38:09 pm
      I’ll pass, never been good enough. I’d rather have Ings or Solanke.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #871: May 12, 2018 11:50:46 pm
      Never thought Origi was that bad scored a few decent goals for us. He's far more of a goal threat for us than Solanke.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #872: May 12, 2018 11:53:28 pm
      I’ll pass, never been good enough. I’d rather have Ings or Solanke.

Agreed, and that’s saying something given the quality, or lack of the other 2 have shown. This season was make or break for Origi but in truth he’s been a disappointment, remember him getting slated for his poor form at Wolfsburg. This was his chance to go out, play week in week out and show what he can do but he’s failed to deliver.
      Keeping him serves no benefit, he literally can only play the CF role, can’t adapt his game at all from what I’ve seen. When he was here last season it meant Bobby being shifted out to the left and it hampered him massively. Put Bobby in the middle and he’s excelled, head and shoulders above Origi.
      You want 2 good players for each position, battling and pushing each other for the match day start or to at least be deemed reliable back up and in all honesty, Origi, Ings, Sturridge and Solanke have all shown they aren’t at the level. Solanke I’m happy to see stay, given his age and first season settling in.

Origi is just another player from the Rodgers era that simply isn’t good enough, simple as that.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #873: Jun 18, 2018 02:27:58 pm
      surprised hes not in the Belgium squad.

Quick Reply