Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216105 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #943: Dec 04, 2018 07:31:47 pm
      Hesky scored most his goals as a poacher before he became a support striker, Origi is nothing like either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB-MHU_IbCo

Hesky is more like Linekar than Origi.

Sorry but you are wrong again

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BAphZQti85c

He wasn’t a poacher at all
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #944: Dec 04, 2018 07:34:08 pm
      3/4 of those goals were poachers goals, did you post the wrong video?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #945: Dec 04, 2018 07:37:27 pm
      3/4 of those goals were poachers goals, did you post the wrong video?

This thread is about Origi at the end of the day

Heskey was a beast when we got him - he used his pace , power and strength to bully defenders - he scored bullets , one on ones , great headers , deft chips and goals from close range - you seem to be going against the grain once again

Origi has all the attributes that Heskey did for us even the lack of self belief and confidence at times

99.9 % of the forum prob think the same way why are you the odd one out
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #946: Dec 04, 2018 07:44:55 pm
      This thread is about Origi at the end of the day

Heskey was a beast when we got him - he used his pace , power and strength to bully defenders - he scored bullets , one on ones , great headers , deft chips and goals from close range - you seem to be going against the grain once again

Origi has all the attributes that Heskey did for us even the lack of self belief and confidence at times

99.9 % of the forum prob think the same way why are you the odd one out
      Hesky was a scorer of great goals, he was not really a player who scored a lot of goals though.
      He became more valuable for assists around the poaching area, I've never seen another player like Hesky.
      He was like a striker who poached assists, along side Owen it worked well because Owen was deadly.
      Owen and Hesky both left at the end of the same season if I remember right.
      Origi has never been in a partneship like that.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #947: Dec 04, 2018 07:45:20 pm

Just imho - don't think Heskey was anything like Lineker - reckon Lineker was more like a Fowler, or to be politically correct, a Jesus [from City]
      Heskey was a big lad, and contrary to what you mentioned earlier was quick and could power past a guy to score, decent header from set piece. Not as good in tight spaces as a Fowler or a Lineker though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #948: Dec 04, 2018 07:45:21 pm
      Hesky scored most his goals as a poacher before he became a support striker, Origi is nothing like either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB-MHU_IbCo

Is he f**k.

Lineker and Origi? Origi and Ings?

F***ing hell - you really are plundering the depths of this whole 'mix and match black and white = that way I'll show I'm not thinking along racial lines' gimmick.

Next you'll be saying Louis Armstrong was 'closer in musical spirit' to Shakin Stevens than he was to Dizzie Gillespie. F**k sake.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #949: Dec 04, 2018 07:51:48 pm
      Just imho - don't think Heskey was anything like Lineker - reckon Lineker was more like a Fowler, or to be politically correct, a Jesus [from City]
      Heskey was a big lad, and contrary to what you mentioned earlier was quick and could power past a guy to score, decent header from set piece. Not as good in tight spaces as a Fowler or a Lineker though.
      Is he f**k.

Lineker and Origi? Origi and Ings?

F***ing hell - you really are plundering the depths of this whole 'mix and match black and white = that way I'll show I'm not thinking along racial lines' gimmick.

Next you'll be saying Louis Armstrong was 'closer in musical spirit' to Shakin Stevens than he was to Dizzie Gillespie. F**k sake.
      I never said Hesky is like Linekar, I said he is more like Linekar than Origi.
      That is like saying Hesky is nothing like Origi, anyway this is a bit boring now,
      Lets all just agree to disagree.

Origi is Origi and deserves a chance to impress tomorrow.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #950: Dec 04, 2018 10:18:53 pm
      This thread turned weird fast!!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #951: Dec 06, 2018 09:56:40 pm
      origi and heskey arent even the same build. Heskey was more burly and Origi is lanky. If you can't see that then i have to say its a bit odd.

The only similarity is that they are both strikers who are sometimes forced to play out wide cause they are quick. Just sturridge, babel, rashford welbeck etc etc.

U WOULDNT SAY WELBECK AND HESKEY ARE SIMILAR PLAYERS. BUT Origi is more like Welbeck.

Cmon guys seriously ;D  :mad: :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #952: Jan 17, 2019 10:53:25 pm
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #953: Jan 18, 2019 12:07:02 am
      I understand what you are saying, but with footballer comparisons I noticed it a lot.. Sterling, Mbappe and a whole list of players have been compared to Pele, why not Diego Maradonna? I will forget about it now, even though it didn't go down well it is probably going to make people more considerate when comparing.

Origi reminds me of Fowler, Keane, perhaps Ngog but not Hesky.. not one bit.

Origi reminds you of Fowler!?! I’ve heard it all now. One is possibly the most natural goal scorer ever to play for the club and the other is Divock Origi.

Origi shares plenty of attributes with Heskey. For one he is furiously inconsistent, blessed with physical gifts that he only uses at times, he is quick, he is mostly a poor finisher and he lacks the instincts a real striker. But on his day he can be an absolute beast of a player. I’d say Divock is a lot closer to Heskey than he ever will be to ‘God’.
      RedKop114
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #954: Jan 18, 2019 06:24:59 pm
      I don't think that Origi has any kind of future at Liverpool. He is simply not good enough for the first team, while he is just too expensive to keep on the bench.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #955: Jan 18, 2019 06:52:46 pm
      origi and heskey arent even the same build. Heskey was more burly and Origi is lanky. If you can't see that then i have to say its a bit odd.

The only similarity is that they are both strikers who are sometimes forced to play out wide cause they are quick. Just sturridge, babel, rashford welbeck etc etc.

U WOULDNT SAY WELBECK AND HESKEY ARE SIMILAR PLAYERS. BUT Origi is more like Welbeck.

Cmon guys seriously ;D  :mad: :lmao:
      Agree with Welbeck comparison, Origi is very similar to Welbeck in playing style, the quality level isn't miles apart either. Hesky was power and Origi is footwork, very different. Hesky was more like Rooney than Origi.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #956: Jan 18, 2019 07:29:27 pm

Origi is very similar to Welbeck in playing style,

:confused-smiley-013:
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #957: Jan 19, 2019 01:31:21 pm
      Aye, Origi is nothing like either Fowler or Wellbeck. Hesky is closer, but still not that close.

It's hard to think of a really similar player. In terms of skill set / physical attributes, the closest I could think of was actually Balotelli. But in terms of mentality there's a big difference. Balotelli is cocky but lazy and unprofessional. Origi is harder working and more of an honest pro, but seems to lack a bit of self-belief.

I think Origi could be a really top striker if he had more belief and determination. It's hard to get that into a player if they don't already have it, but if Jürgen could release that in him, he would be a cracking striker. He's got the skills, the physique and the pace. Good finisher on his day as well. Just needs to be a bit mentally tougher.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #958: Feb 05, 2019 12:40:57 pm
      Missed the chance at the end, but at least he was in there. How often do you see Firmino running in behind the defence? Everything is in front of the defence and if his passing is off, which it has been most of the season, he just doesn't give defenders enough of a problem. I thought Origi carried far more threat when he replaced him, and I hope Jürgen uses him again when Firmino is struggling like last night.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #959: Feb 05, 2019 12:44:58 pm
      Missed the chance at the end, but at least he was in there. How often do you see Firmino running in behind the defence? Everything is in front of the defence and if his passing is off, which it has been most of the season, he just doesn't give defenders enough of a problem. I thought Origi carried far more threat when he replaced him, and I hope Jürgen uses him again when Firmino is struggling like last night.

Origi is just so frustrating, you can see that their is nearly a very decent player there but it just doesn't click for him, he  doesn't have that extra bit of skill at this level, but he is a good instinctive player in the same way as Kuyt was in that he is in the right place at the right time.
      I'd almost be tempted to give him a run of games and see if he improves, he really can't be much worse than Bobby at the moment.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #960: Feb 05, 2019 01:44:54 pm
      Origi is just so frustrating, you can see that their is nearly a very decent player there but it just doesn't click for him, he  doesn't have that extra bit of skill at this level,

Give him 1.000 min. serious game time this season and we'll see. It's ridiculous to judge players who have no minutes under their belt. That's vital.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #961: Feb 05, 2019 01:47:51 pm
      Give him 1.000 min. serious game time this season and we'll see. It's ridiculous to judge players who have no minutes under their belt. That's vital.

He isn't good enough and will be sold in the Summer.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #962: Feb 05, 2019 02:09:29 pm
      It’s a shame he couldn’t convert in the dying seconds..

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #963: Feb 05, 2019 02:13:53 pm
      It’s a shame he couldn’t convert in the dying seconds..

did you have any confidence he would, even with the header against the Bitters I was half expecting him to head it over! ;-)

In all seriousness I would like to see him get a few more minutes especially now that Bobby is having a major dip in form and in any case we have to rotate our forwards a bit more than we do. for example Origi, Mane and Salah is still a formidable strike trio as is Mane, Bobby and Sturridge. We simply have to start mixing things up a little bit more and then have the option of bringing someone in off the bench to scare the crap out of defenders with 30 mins to go.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #964: Feb 05, 2019 06:02:13 pm

it takes a 1000 minutes on the pitch to be able to hit the ball? He hits that ball anyway decent we win 2 1.  a chilld would have taken that chance
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #965: Feb 05, 2019 06:08:13 pm
      it takes a 1000 minutes on the pitch to be able to hit the ball? He hits that ball anyway decent we win 2 1.  a chilld would have taken that chance

What like Bobby's lame effort or Salah's couple of easy saves?

Quick Reply