Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216074 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #1012: May 05, 2019 06:50:40 am
      If we win the league, he was important as anyone!
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1013: May 05, 2019 01:27:40 pm
      I wonder when will people nickname him "The Savior"?
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1014: May 05, 2019 01:28:06 pm

I just did, didn't i?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1015: May 05, 2019 01:28:19 pm

Never.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1016: May 05, 2019 01:35:15 pm
      He's a decent player Divock but like Sturridge nowhere near the level of player this club expects now.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1017: May 05, 2019 01:53:20 pm
      He's a talented backup player. Works hard, quick and strong, can play wide as well as up front. Good shot on him, with both feet. Pretty good in the air. Doesn't complain about being on the bench a lot. Proved he can make an impact as a sub. Also, rarely injured.

I definitely would keep him.

I think Sturridge will go in the summer, and we will probably bring in somebody for him (unless Brewster is considered ready for the first team, which he doesn't seem to be.) But Origi has done all you could ask off the bench for us this year and I hope we hang onto him.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1018: May 05, 2019 01:58:01 pm
      He's a talented backup player. Works hard, quick and strong, can play wide as well as up front. Good shot on him, with both feet. Pretty good in the air. Doesn't complain about being on the bench a lot. Proved he can make an impact as a sub. Also, rarely injured.

I think Sturridge will go in the summer, and we will probably bring in somebody for him (unless Brewster is considered ready for the first team, which he doesn't seem to be.) But Origi has done all you could ask off the bench for us this year and I hope we hang onto him.

I'd keep him too, decent backup, and has shown can get important goals.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1019: May 05, 2019 01:58:31 pm

Only just turned 24 as well.

He still has time.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1020: May 05, 2019 02:01:50 pm

That's of course if he wants to be a bench warmer here for his peak years.

He would be a regular at a mid table club.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1021: May 05, 2019 02:05:50 pm

He seems like a good guy, and doesn't appear to be unhappy with his role at the moment, so would reckon it would be more down to whether Jürgen wants to keep him, as opposed to whether Div wants to stay, but could be wrong.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1022: May 05, 2019 04:48:57 pm

He's made 18 appearances this season, the vast majority after the Derby goal in December..

So it does depend on what he wants, if he wants to be a starter yes at a mid table club or someone who could get between 20 and 30 apparences for a club challenging for the top honours which I think will be more likely his numbers next year as has proven himself to Jürgen and made 18 in the second half grabbing a couple of really important winners and obviously dedicating himself in training

I know which I'd prefer

If defiantly keep him around
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1023: May 05, 2019 08:25:16 pm
      Show too little over the course of the season. A lot better out there... Sell
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1024: May 05, 2019 09:24:54 pm
      Show too little over the course of the season. A lot better out there... Sell

Scored two important goals this season which have given us 6 valuable points.. still has a future at the club..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1025: May 05, 2019 11:38:37 pm
      Keep him, love his spirit and his attitude but more importantly his goals V The Bitter cu*ts and Rafa's men.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1026: May 06, 2019 12:07:47 am
      Scored two important goals this season which have given us 6 valuable points.. still has a future at the club..

Yes he did and I appreciate that but it is still to little, and we need better than that from our subs, Origi needs to be moved on and some one like Zaha bought in, someone that can play across the front line, and someone with more goals in them.

Origi is little no better than Sturrigde in the return goal wise we get from him... Sell,Sell, Sell....
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1027: May 06, 2019 12:32:42 am
      Yes he did and I appreciate that but it is still to little, and we need better than that from our subs.

What more do you want from a sub? He came on and got us the winner... Twice.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1028: May 06, 2019 02:20:19 am

I love Divock but i want a top quality forward addition to challenge the front 3. Would Divock want to stay as 5th option? At just 24, his career is probably better served getting regular playing time somewhere else.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1029: May 06, 2019 03:20:16 am
      This the same player that got yanked off at halftime by Jürgen awhile back (can’t remember the game), halftime....when Jürgen is often reluctant to sub even before 70-75 minutes. Yea he’s got a couple of winners,  but the rest of the time he’s ambled around not doing a whole lot of anything. I guess if he wants to stay to be a sub that’s up to him, but I surely don’t see a future for him here as an actual viable starting option for one of the front three.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1030: May 06, 2019 01:25:59 pm
      What more do you want from a sub? He came on and got us the winner... Twice.
      And when he has started games..?

I expect game changers, even if they are not scoring, they have to be a absolute menace to defenders, defenders have to know that they are just as lethal as any of the front free... Origi should be like a David Fairclough
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1031: May 06, 2019 01:45:32 pm

I expect game changers, even if they are not scoring, they have to be a absolute menace to defenders, defenders have to know that they are just as lethal as any of the front free... Origi should be like a David Fairclough

Dude,you specifically asked about subs...dont change the raahtid goal post...👊🏼

we need better than that from our subs.

Kopite78
      Reply #1032: May 06, 2019 02:34:15 pm

Make your mind up.. you ask about subs then ask when they start 🤷‍♂️

Origi be more like fairclough? Not really valid to be honest but overall Fairclough was 1 in 3 Origi 1 in 4

Not like Davy was a goal a game and Divock is 1 in 8

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1033: May 06, 2019 02:34:54 pm
      Dude,you specifically asked about subs...dont change the raahtid goal post...👊🏼
      Nah change nothing...
      We just lost Mo for a game or two, Now if we had someone like Zaha or Sane Regular goal setters and goal getters, it would be no real problem, but instead we have Origi and Sturrigde who scores each now and then, as applies to the midfield.

Only Shaqiri offers and thing different coming off the bench

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1034: May 06, 2019 02:49:07 pm
      Make your mind up.. you ask about subs then ask when they start 🤷‍♂️

Origi be more like fairclough? Not really valid to be honest but overall Fairclough was 1 in 3 Origi 1 in 4

Not like Davy was a goal a game and Divock is 1 in 8
      When City, or to a lesser degree Chelsea, or Utd make a sub, they are coming with something new, something different from the bench... Team have to sit up and take notice, change thier game plan...

When we make a sub, were are coming with more of the same only to a lesser degree

The point about Fairclough was a lazy one. What I was saying is that we use to call him "SuperSub" and you can hardly call Origi that...

But lets take your point about Origi a 1 in 4. You don't have to make a massive improvement in on area to make a much successful team, just small improvement in different areas..

So Origi is a 1 in 4 player we should be looking to get a 1 in 3 players and not be happy with keeping Origi

Quick Reply