Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216063 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #1058: May 08, 2019 05:41:15 pm
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1059: May 08, 2019 06:18:47 pm
      I've never had any particular opinion about the lad, he was just our back up player, talented youngster that during his years with us has been just meh in my eyes. But when I was at Anfield back in 2016, The Kop were showing him so much love during that game vs Sunderland that left me baffled, I was really surprised by it.

Today, I guess I realized that the Kop, always knows best. Divock lad, you deserve a lifelong contract with us, so you can just continue to do your thing. Madness, absolute madness last night. He sure knows how to score some late/crucial stunners.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1060: May 08, 2019 06:35:39 pm
      Divock also scored the 1st goal for us right after halftime against Dortmund in the famed 4-3 win. He has a knack for the big game it seems.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1061: May 08, 2019 07:12:33 pm
      Everyone knows that football is nothing without Origi!!!

macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #1062: May 08, 2019 07:27:50 pm
      Origi is as super a sub as one can get, yet is capable of being in a starting XI. I would love to keep him here, but wouldn't shock me if he can land elsewhere and start, Klopp would let him go.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1063: May 08, 2019 07:33:04 pm
      Cult hero after last night.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1064: May 08, 2019 07:38:36 pm
      The lad is a good forward, a good option for me for the squad

Saying he isn't as good as Salah or Mane or Bobby isn't really a valid way of looking at at him because not many are, especially for our system.
      Judge him of him.. look at the range of goals he has this season..
      The anticipation of the Everton goal and last night's 4th..
      The cut in and strike against Burnley...
      The banger from the edge of the box against Wolves ..
      The poacher of his first last night...

He scores all the types of goals a forward should and in 18 apparences this season (6 starts I believe) he has 6 proper forwards goal (and an assist against Burnley)

He's essentially rebuilt himself in the first half of the season and made a massive impact in the second half of it

I've said before but I'd love to see him still here next year
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1065: May 08, 2019 07:42:04 pm
      And when he has started games..?

I expect game changers, even if they are not scoring, they have to be a absolute menace to defenders, defenders have to know that they are just as lethal as any of the front free... Origi should be like a David Fairclough

Brilliant...just brilliant
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1066: May 08, 2019 08:00:00 pm

Like I said last night he looked like the Origi of three seasons ago...

It is the third goal in this clip that made me start to think that he would be a great addition  for Liverpool unfortunately we hard not seen this player in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olwjT1i-6X8
      Kopite78
      Reply #1067: May 08, 2019 08:02:21 pm
      Like I said last night he looked like the Origi of three seasons ago...

It is the third goal in this clip that made me start to think that he would be a great addition  for Liverpool unfortunately we hard not seen this player in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olwjT1i-6X8

Because he was pretty seriously injured by that clog sh*te hawk ex blue nose

He went away to get a season of football last year to get back to a level.. didn't quite work out.. now he's had a season back here with Jürgen and is starting to look something like his old self in the last 4 months
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1068: May 08, 2019 08:10:32 pm
      I have no idea who will play in the final but somehow I think Jürgen has an idea he has done OK so far this season maybe people understand now why some of us have said all season long leave it to Jürgen he knows best.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1069: May 08, 2019 09:05:15 pm
      He really didn’t do too much wrong tonight. If that would be his default level, he’s definitely worth keeping.

It was his default level for a couple of months before his injury. All we can hope is that the past few months have done his confidence a world of good. He just seemed to have lost that confidence/arrogance and belief in his own ability after the injury. Never looked anywhere near the player he used to be when we loaned him out to Wolfsburg where I watched him regularly.

Yesterday was Origi's 27th goal for Liverpool in 96 appearances. Only 42 of those have been starts, the other 54 off the bench. No penalties either. Not a bad record at all. (Didn't look up the numbers myself, so they may be slightly off). That's not a bad record at all.

I've never had any particular opinion about the lad, he was just our back up player, talented youngster that during his years with us has been just meh in my eyes. But when I was at Anfield back in 2016, The Kop were showing him so much love during that game vs Sunderland that left me baffled, I was really surprised by it.

Today, I guess I realized that the Kop, always knows best. Divock lad, you deserve a lifelong contract with us, so you can just continue to do your thing. Madness, absolute madness last night. He sure knows how to score some late/crucial stunners.

It always surprises me how supportive the Kop is of Origi whenever he plays. Whenever he is on the pitch, no exception, I always hear the Kop chant his name.

I've always had a soft spot for him since coming into the Belgium squad as a 19-year-old lad and scoring at the World Cup in Brazil.

I'd love for him to stay another season, he'll only get better.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1070: May 08, 2019 09:08:35 pm
      Think he is only 23 look at how Mo come on as he matured . He is a cracking option and who would you replace him with and at what cost
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1071: May 08, 2019 09:11:48 pm
      Think he is only 23 look at how Mo come on as he matured . He is a cracking option and who would you replace him with and at what cost

He's 24 mate.

Obviously there are better strikers out there if we wanted to replace Divock but as a squad player he has definitely earned his place for next season.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1072: May 08, 2019 09:17:12 pm

He went away to get a season of football last year to get back to a level.. didn't quite work out.. now he's had a season back here with Jürgen and is starting to look something like his old self in the last 4 months

He actually did ok at Wolfsburg (not great by any means) just so happened they were sh*t that year and nearly got relegated. I’ve always liked him would love him to be here next season although he might want to move on and play more often which would be fair enough
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1073: May 08, 2019 09:17:33 pm
      He has done really well, scored against Newcastle and two last night, really important goals, to say the least.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1074: May 08, 2019 09:19:50 pm
      He's 24 mate.

Obviously there are better strikers out there if we wanted to replace Divock but as a squad player he has definitely earned his place for next season.

100% earned his place in the squad for me
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1075: May 08, 2019 09:37:06 pm
      His heroics this week alone should be enough for a new contract.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1076: May 08, 2019 10:10:58 pm

Still not as good has he was, and not blasting by players...
      Still good with his head and still know how to get in the right place but seem a bit lacking
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1077: May 09, 2019 09:18:15 am
      Switched on when it mattered the most.

Keep it going Divock. Go get a Champions League Medal around ya neck lad.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019 11:09:53 am by AussieRed »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1078: May 09, 2019 12:16:55 pm

Yeah good point about the Kop. Divock's got the talent, just lacks a bit of self-belief sometimes. The Kop senses that and so gets right behind him to boost his confidence. It's one of the reasons we have been good at bringing through young talent - our fans in the stadium are very supportive of players with potential who are not quite there yet. (Also how we got the best out of players like Heskey, Crouch etc, who fans at the other big clubs would have been lukewarm about at best.)

Think Divock knows he gets special support here, and is definitely repaying it. I also think it is why he will chose to stay, despite probably interest from other clubs this summer.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1079: May 09, 2019 10:05:32 pm
      https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/status/1126238900714909696

No complaints if true, but would like to see him play more as the 9 than a wide inside forward or right winger.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1080: May 09, 2019 10:08:28 pm
      https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/status/1126238900714909696

No complaints if true, but would like to see him play more as the 9 than a wide inside forward or right winger.

#i am sure Jürgen will take your advice.
      He has been first class and his attitude is perfect. He knows this is the place to be and he is a young player who is improving. Just compare him to Martial for instance.He is a great alternative to Mo when we need something different just look at how important to our season this kid has been hats off to the lad

Quick Reply