Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216057 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #1242: Mar 04, 2020 12:00:02 am
      Absolutely bang average attacker, time to move him on, thanks for some lovely memories and vital goals though
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1243: Mar 04, 2020 12:01:33 am
      Absolutely bang average attacker, time to move him on, thanks for some lovely memories and vital goals though

Certainly not Liverpool standard that's for sure, tbh I've never rated him at all, shame really.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1244: Mar 04, 2020 12:14:16 am
      Klopp's obsession with playing him wide seems to have sapped his confidence
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1245: Mar 04, 2020 12:49:29 am
      Klopp's obsession with playing him wide seems to have sapped his confidence

He should just be happy to get on the pitch!

Needs to show some endeavor, just walks around like he doesn't have a care in the world!
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #1246: Apr 10, 2020 11:07:41 am
      https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2882767-divock-origi-talks-2019-ucl-final-Jürgen-klopps-hugs-lebron-more-in-br-ama?fbclid=IwAR2JlMA95IawYt6ayFRwJS-FWttZsse6nNTQQmpwCtYogtFSfV2RuZGsVqI

Divock Origi has already cemented his place in Liverpool history with memorable moments like scoring two goals in the second leg of the Champions League semifinal last May to beat FC Barcelona 4-3 on aggregate. 

Liverpool went on to capture the UEFA Champions League title for the first time since 2004-05.

The Belgian discussed the comeback against Barcelona and answered fan questions about Liverpool, manager Jürgen Klopp and a number of other topics in a Bleacher Report AMA.

@Cheesepizza: What was the dressing room like after the semifinal vs. Barca? How did everyone celebrate?

Some were silent, some were screaming, some were dancing. The overall feeling was something special just happened.

@TheLand216: How many times have you watched the highlights from THE Barcelona game?

Wow, um, quite a few times. I like watching the behind the scenes and seeing everyone's reaction.

@Austinjamati: What was a more meaningful goal for you: Your 2nd goal against Barca in the UCL semifinal or your game-sealing goal in the UCL final?

They're both crazy important goals. But the Final goal was beautiful. You dream of that scene your whole life and for it to happen is just amazing.

@nshimaboy: Do you ever think about how many people were overjoyed by your goals last season?

I heard a lot of stories and you realize how much it means. The stories keep coming. At the same time, you're a player and you have to keep your tunnel vision. I just miss being on the pitch. In these times, you realize how much you love and miss football.

@M07070707: What motivated the team to come back against Barca?

I'd say the identity of the club and city to keep on fighting. Everyone is a lion, so it was natural. People weren't saying it to each other, but we felt like it was going to happen.

@Memette1996: There's no way you were as chilled as you looked after your UCL final goal, right?

I spoke to my cousin before and he said you need to jump on the pile if that happens. But, really I was so calm and time stopped in that moment. I was quite zen.

@Another_brown: How great are Klopp's hugs?

They're very warm hugs. One of the warmest I've had in my football career. He's quite good at his hugs. Not too long. Not too short.

@Gboyd213: Are you a fan of any American sports teams?

I just like NBA, NBA and players. I'm not a fan of any particular teams.

@CR7GOAT7: Do you like the NBA, and if so, what is your favourite team?

I like watching the Lakers right now. I like their energy. And I like the Warriors energy too. I like what's going on in Cali with the Warriors, Lakers and Clippers right now.

@StephMessi: Messi or Ronaldo?

They're so different, so I can't pick. If they were similar players, I would make a choice. It just feels wrong picking one.

@JohnDavid06: Hey Divock, which team would be the sweetest comeback victory to score the winning goal against?

Everton. Hahaha.

@Lwilso6679: What do you think of your FIFA rating?

I wasn't happy about that, to be honest. But again, someone needs to go and speak with them. Especially my pace. I'm top 10 speed in the Premier League so I need a better rating.

@ModricHazard: Thanks for doing this. What's the hardest game of your career?

World Cup 2014. QF. I started the game against Argentina. I was 19 and it opened my eyes to real high-level football. Messi, Mascherano, Di Maria...unbelievable.

@Daviss511: What's your relationship with Firmino like?

We're both calm and cool. He has a lot of positive energy and a smile at all times and I'm the same. We vibe that way.

@Schietroma10: Hardest opponent you've faced this year?

I'm still pissed at what happened, but I have to say Atletico Madrid.

@362289: Thanks for doing this. Why do you think you always manage to score when it matters most? You are forever a club legend and thanks for everything - I hope you get a 30-goal season for Liverpool!

I think it's fate that things happen the way they do.

@MajinKyoSan: If you had the chance to play with one footballer, alive or dead, who would it be?

Brazilian Ronaldo when he was at Inter.

@Jerrycasasola: Celebrity crush?

I don't think I have one. I don't want to pick anyone's wife and get in trouble. Haha.

@Divock_Origi_MVP: How, if at all, does your faith influence your day to day training and games?

It's behind everything that I do and who I am. It influences everything I do.

@CoolKuba99: Who's your favourite player of all time?

Wow that's a hard one! If I had to pick one...from the ones that have retired...the Brazilian Ronaldo and from those still playing, Portuguese Ronaldo. x

@BenBlackmore: Have you ever driven your car round a bend at speed and said "CORNER TAKEN QUICKLY"?

Hhahahah. No I've never said that. I've heard it, but not said it. So many have said it in Liverpool, I can't even count. x

@Jgoldman85: What's most important for settling into this Liverpool team when coming from another club?

Understanding the philosophy. The game philosophy, the club philosophy and that of the city.

@Romithehomie?: Who is your favourite non-football athlete?

At the moment I have three. Jordan, he's the GOAT. LeBron, unbelievable on and off the court. And Steph. If I had to pick one it's Jordan.

@Lildipper: Hey Divock, who's your best friend on the team?

I'm gonna pass on that one. I don't like picking just one. I speak so many languages and can talk to all of the guys. I'm actually everyone's best friend.

@Timonthy1113: How does the atmosphere at Anfield compare to any other stadium on European nights?

It's hard to describe. It's a different energy level. It's like you're playing with 12 men. It's a cheat code. A big boost.

@Sammyfriedrich: Do I have your blessing to name my first born child Divock?

Yes of course. No problem. I've seen a few people who have done that. It came from the name Vlade Divac. My parents watched him play and wanted to personalize the name a little bit.

@Bucks8straight: What moment inspired you as a kid to play football?

My dad winning the championship with Genk in 1998. Their first time with the title and I saw the celebrations and wanted that for myself.

@Anothersadvol: Who is the funniest guy on the Liverpool team?

We have a load of funny guys, but either Robertson, Gini or Lovren.

@ElectronMan: Hey Divock, you have a cool name bro. How does it feel to hear fans chanting your name at Anfield? Also are you OK to be called 'King of the Comeback?'

First of all, thanks for liking my name. It's awesome that the fans appreciate what you do. And feeling the love makes you want to go harder.

@RQZ: Do you wonder what would have happened if the corner was taken slowly?

I dunno?! Maybe there would've just been another corner.

@BobbyFirmi9: When are you gonna get the dreads back?

That era is officially done. It's the start of a new era. I kept a small piece of the dread in a secret place where nobody can reach it.

@J_gross: Have you ever gone to see the dolphin in Bruges that was named after you?

I didn't have the time, and then the dolphin passed away unfortunately. I wouldn't mind another one being named after me.

@BigLenny: What's your favourite pre-game meal?

Pasta. I can eat it every day. Bolognese, Carbonara. Spaghetti. All of it!

@Barcsenal_10: What's your favourite thing to do during the off-season. Also thanks a lot!

Re-charge. I usually take a couple days alone and switch everything off. Just zen and then after that I spend time with the people I love. Then I prep with my coaches.

@Djuan3: Top five rappers?

I don't want to do a top 5 in case I leave anyone out. Biggie, Tupac, Jay Z, J Cole, Drake and Nas are all legends.

@Lwilso6679: Pre-game rituals?

A nap especially before night games. Prayer and music.

@LFC973: Who is the best all-round footballer at the club?

Bobby is quite complete. He can play mid, forward, left and right. Can link up and play one-on-one. So it's probably Bobby.

@JoaoFelixGOAT: Hy Divock, are you the fastest in the team?

They have stats, that say I'm the quickest. Which surprises a lot of people. But peak speed it's me they say.

@Shyam1: You're clearly the 🐐 but do you have any Liverpool legends who inspired you?

I'd say, ummm, Gerard what he meant and means for the club. I like Torres a lot and his time at Liverpool. I liked Suarez. I'd say them.

Ending up with Liverpool is a dream come true.

@Barbequechicken: Who has the most potential out of Liverpool's academy players?

I wouldn't want to pick one, because they're all amazing. Pedro Chirivella, the way he sees the game is amazing. Curtis Jones, he's unbelievable one-on-one. Harvey Elliot is 16 playing like he's 26. That's just to name a few. Liverpool is blessed with some great, great talents.

Five months before the Champions League semifinal, Origi had an iconic moment when he scored the game-winning goal during injury time in Liverpool's 1-0 win over Everton.

Liverpool rewarded Origi for his efforts with a long-term contract extension from the Reds in July. He's appeared in 22 of 29 Premier League games, scoring three goals, before the season was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #1247: Apr 13, 2020 12:21:37 am
      This defeat to Athletico Madrid is so hard to digest. I have been watching our highlights a lot, and just saw the highlights of the CL Season 17/18. This team is definitely the best of Europe and did not deserve to lose. Unfortunately Oblak was the best GK of the world because the real one as injured.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1248: Jun 26, 2020 09:29:58 pm
      Didn't know about his dad being a footy player.
      https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/53197879.Good story.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1249: Jun 27, 2020 09:02:48 am
      He seems like a really nice lad, but I still don't think he's good enough for us, one of those frustrating players where you can see there is loads of talent but its just not transferred into performances. He has scored some very special goals for us though.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1250: Aug 28, 2020 08:10:17 pm
      Klopp, talking about tomorrow's match, mentioned all the players who have been out during preseason by name, even Harry Wilson. Everyone except Divock. Not sure what this means. Maybe the CoVid rumours are true, maybe he is working on a move somewhere,  maybe Jürgen just overlooked him, but he is conspicuously absent from public view.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1251: Aug 28, 2020 08:32:13 pm
      Klopp, talking about tomorrow's match, mentioned all the players who have been out during preseason by name, even Harry Wilson. Everyone except Divock. Not sure what this means. Maybe the CoVid rumours are true, maybe he is working on a move somewhere,  maybe Jürgen just overlooked him, but he is conspicuously absent from public view.

It doesn't make sense to keep Origi if we're not loaning Brewster out again. There is interest in him and we should get a decent fee. It's time to sell Divock.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1252: Sep 03, 2020 05:26:37 pm
      Back in training. I have no proof whatsoever, but I'm really wondering if he was a positive CoVid test in Austria.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1253: Sep 03, 2020 07:53:50 pm
      Back in training. I have no proof whatsoever, but I'm really wondering if he was a positive CoVid test in Austria.

Who cares, as long as he gets the job done and gets us the three points.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1254: Sep 03, 2020 08:27:16 pm

But the 3 points have to be in a 6-0 win, correct?
       :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1255: Sep 04, 2020 08:13:10 am

It would be so good if he could finally have that break out year where it all clicks into gear and he reaches the next level, but sadly I have my doubts. I just hope he doesn't stand in the way of Rhian who I think is a superior forward already.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1256: Sep 04, 2020 12:27:45 pm
      It would be so good if he could finally have that break out year where it all clicks into gear and he reaches the next level, but sadly I have my doubts. I just hope he doesn't stand in the way of Rhian who I think is a superior forward already.

Don't think he's better than Origi at this moment. Can only really judge Brewster on his Championship performances but I think if you were to put Origi in the Championship he'd more than likely score 20+ a season
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1257: Sep 04, 2020 01:48:33 pm
      Don't think he's better than Origi at this moment. Can only really judge Brewster on his Championship performances but I think if you were to put Origi in the Championship he'd more than likely score 20+ a season

I respectfully disagree, I see Brewster as the better all round forward, give Rhian a number of games alongside our regular forwards and he will blossom, whenever Origi has played alongside them he's wilted.

Origi has had so many chances to impress and dissapointed time after time. Of course he has scored some crucial goals for us and will be fondly remembered by everyone but we really do need better backup and with the lack of any funds or other options then I think that is Brewster.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1258: Sep 04, 2020 02:10:26 pm
      whenever Origi has played alongside them he's wilted.

Good point that to be fair - the two Origi performances which stand out (Barca 2nd leg & the 5-2 derby) didn't have Salah or Firmino in the lineup. Actually think the front 3 for both games was Mane - Origi - Shaqiri. Can't ever recall him putting in a top, top performance with 2 of the usual front 3 playing
      Kopite78
      Reply #1259: Sep 04, 2020 02:17:03 pm
      I respectfully disagree, I see Brewster as the better all round forward, give Rhian a number of games alongside our regular forwards and he will blossom, whenever Origi has played alongside them he's wilted.

Origi has had so many chances to impress and dissapointed time after time. Of course he has scored some crucial goals for us and will be fondly remembered by everyone but we really do need better backup and with the lack of any funds or other options then I think that is Brewster.

Well that depends

Now I'll say before I start this that I think Rhian has that something special in a young player that means he will make it

However to play Rhian alongside the other 3 it would have to be through the middle, hes essentially a 9 who would play as a 9 or as part of a front 2, there is no way from what we have all seen of him that you could suggest he could play Mo or Sadios roles as a wide forward
      Also if you were to play him as a 9 it would be a complete different way Bobby plays as our 9 and therefore you would have to alter the wide forwards slightly as well

Divock for all of his lacking to be as good as our current front 3 - not many are either - he can slot in that wide role without having to alter whatsoever what the front 3 do or how they set up

And for the record I agree wholeheartedly Tameimpala that stick Div in the championship as a 9 and he gets 20+
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1260: Sep 04, 2020 04:23:54 pm
      Well that depends

Now I'll say before I start this that I think Rhian has that something special in a young player that means he will make it

However to play Rhian alongside the other 3 it would have to be through the middle, hes essentially a 9 who would play as a 9 or as part of a front 2, there is no way from what we have all seen of him that you could suggest he could play Mo or Sadios roles as a wide forward
      Also if you were to play him as a 9 it would be a complete different way Bobby plays as our 9 and therefore you would have to alter the wide forwards slightly as well

Divock for all of his lacking to be as good as our current front 3 - not many are either - he can slot in that wide role without having to alter whatsoever what the front 3 do or how they set up

And for the record I agree wholeheartedly Tameimpala that stick Div in the championship as a 9 and he gets 20+

Fair point, but perhaps we should alter how we play in attack a  bit, because one thing I have noticed is that if Bobby has an off day, which is quite often recently, then the attack loses a hell of a lot, perhaps having another out and out goalscorer in there would change the whole dynamic, as we saw when Taki came on against Arsenal. I feel we sometimes rely a bit to much on Bobby to be the creative force / the link man.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1261: Sep 27, 2020 05:25:01 pm
      ....Is on the verge of becoming like... "Djibril Cisse!"

Thank god he has changed , finally! And he has got the "natural commitment" to play football unlike Firmino since the time he got his hair colour, grey!

I am glad he is no more seen is an average player but a big top club player for the natural commitment he got to play football unlike Firmino!

I even see a lot of similarity "and a surge forward from his physique that i did notice about Djibril Cisse, long time back!

I wished we did keep Sheryl Ojo and him as they are more committed or have more that natural commitment and enthusiasm to play football than Firmino! That's when finally you turn a top player!

I am glad Origi has made the strides to be at a big club, finally! I am sure he is aware of the "demand" now!

Who the F**k is Sheryl Ojo?

The rest of it is nonsense, please this is getting daft now.. I'm sorry but have you just realised that computers exist? Because I imagine your usual way of communicating is by smearing sh*te on the walls of your asylum bedroom

Kopite78
      Reply #1262: Sep 27, 2020 05:41:00 pm
      I thought you were being harsh but looking at the post history it is a bit f**king mad isn't it?

Yeah sorry, if would look harsh maybe on that post but the sh*te that has been spread over so many threads know is F***ing ridiculous

Mental
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1263: Sep 27, 2020 09:44:50 pm
      Yeah sorry, if would look harsh maybe on that post but the sh*te that has been spread over so many threads know is f**king ridiculous

Mental

:)

This is what they did to Copernicus and Gallileo.

Divock and Ojo are going to be our keys this season, you know it's true.

Also, I would like to wish you good luck in being macho, and I hope you develop some massive ideas in your head.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go talk with my neighbor's dog. He has another message for me.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1264: Oct 29, 2020 09:09:19 pm
      Divock is looking totally disconsolate in the videos and pics now. Given some of the joy he has given us over the past few years, I hate to see him going through this, but it's very difficult to see a way back for him into any kind of regular first team involvement.

The only thing is, after he had a good spell for us (prior to that awful tackle vs. Everton), he also went through a frozen period, was loanded to Germany for a season and then had a transfer bid from Wolves accepted (but he never signed for them). It was after that he scored the big goals vs. Spurs in the final, Barca in the semi, and a few in the league. Bagged a double vs. Everton early last year as well, but I've never seen him so out of sorts.

Quick Reply