Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216156 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #1265: Oct 29, 2020 09:44:57 pm
      They brought in 2 players (Taki and Jota) recently who further push him down the depth chart, so no surprise he looks unhappy. I think it's time for him to move on to get more playing time.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1266: Oct 29, 2020 10:29:05 pm
      I know he's scored some very important goals for us, but I've just never rated him, he looks laboured and lazy on the pitch, doesn't look interested or willing to really get stuck in and give it a real good go, he doesn't use his strength or height to really go for balls and seems happy to let others do the work whilst he just strolls about, tbh, he does my head in and I get very frustrated when I see him in the line up, harsh I know but that's how I feel.
      Won't be sorry to see him go.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1267: Oct 29, 2020 11:13:03 pm
      I said when Brewster was leaving that it was a mistake and we keep him and he takes Origi’s place on the bench.
      Cult hero or not no place for sentimentality.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1268: Oct 30, 2020 02:13:22 pm
      I said when Brewster was leaving that it was a mistake and we keep him and he takes Origi’s place on the bench.
      Cult hero or not no place for sentimentality.

I didn't realise teams were queuing up to sign Divock ;-)

He's a sh*te player who through more luck than skill has scored some very important goals for us but it really is time for him to think of another career now, because he is simply not an elite level footballer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1269: Nov 26, 2020 03:05:45 pm
      Was he trying to make sure he gets shifted in Jan.

What a woeful performance.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1270: Nov 26, 2020 03:16:14 pm
      Was he trying to make sure he gets shifted in Jan.

What a woeful performance.

In his mind he knows times up & that’s impacting his performance..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1271: Nov 26, 2020 03:26:32 pm
      Hes got the body of a man who needs games to keep sharpness. Hes not getting anything and it's hard to just rock up and play well.

That's always the issue with having big squads is that the players on the fringe dont always show their best straight away.

Minamino has shown next to nothing so it was a 50/50 call really on who Jürgen chose. I think I the one thing you know with Divoxk is he can be pretty useless all game and 1 swing of his boot he scores.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1272: Nov 26, 2020 04:18:18 pm
      Hes got the body of a man who needs games to keep sharpness. Hes not getting anything and it's hard to just rock up and play well.

That's always the issue with having big squads is that the players on the fringe dont always show their best straight away.

Minamino has shown next to nothing so it was a 50/50 call really on who Jürgen chose. I think I the one thing you know with Divoxk is he can be pretty useless all game and 1 swing of his boot he scores.

Despite all of the criticism at his doorstep there is a player in there somewhere, your spot on that he needs a run of games but that needs to be at another club, he’s not daft, he knows that he is much better than he’s showing  and it could be argued he’s staying for the money and the status on his CV,

I think he would suit a club like Villa, Newcastle etc that mid table level where expectations aren’t so high, here he’s a small fish in a big F**k off pond with virtually no chance to prosper.

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1273: Nov 26, 2020 04:24:37 pm

Despite all of the criticism at his doorstep there is a player in there somewhere, your spot on that he needs a run of games but that needs to be at another club, he’s not daft, he knows that he is much better than he’s showing  and it could be argued he’s staying for the money and the status on his CV,

I think he would suit a club like Villa, Newcastle etc that mid table level where expectations aren’t so high, here he’s a small fish in a big f**k off pond with virtually no chance to prosper.

Y  N  W  A

What evidence do you have for saying he is better than he is showing, last season Divock got plenty of games and was sh*t almost every single game. If he is smart enough to know that his future is elsewhere then he should be viewing last night as a massive shop window and put in maximum effort, he did not, he lazily jogs around in a day dream, he is F***ing useless and the sooner we get rid of him the better.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1274: Nov 26, 2020 04:29:53 pm
      What evidence do you have for saying he is better than he is showing, last season Divock got plenty of games and was sh*t almost every single game. If he is smart enough to know that his future is elsewhere then he should be viewing last night as a massive shop window and put in maximum effort, he did not, he lazily jogs around in a day dream, he is f**king useless and the sooner we get rid of him the better.

Divock is a good player but not good enough for us. You get fixated on a player and cannot see anything good about him.

Last night NO ONE played well, but who are you focusing on? The guy who got his first start in a month and whose only game time during that period was as a sub coming into the game in the 89th minute against Leicester. Get a grip.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1275: Nov 26, 2020 04:34:41 pm

I think he would suit a club like Villa, Newcastle etc that mid table level where expectations aren’t so high, here he’s a small fish in a big f**k off pond with virtually no chance to prosper.

Y  N  W  A

Cant be easy for Divock who has been a good soldier with huge goals for us but the team keeps bringing players to play ahead of him. Not that we shouldn’t as we all know his level is at a smaller team, but can’t be easy continuing to see your minutes diminished. The guy’s confidence must be crushed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1276: Nov 26, 2020 04:35:59 pm
      Divock is a good player but not good enough for us. You get fixated on a player and cannot see anything good about him.

Last night NO ONE played well, but who are you focusing on? The guy who got his first start in a month and whose only game time during that period was as a sub coming into the game in the 89th minute against Leicester. Get a grip.

I fully agree, everyone was sh*t last night, but normally they are very good, Divock though is never very good, yes he might get the odd goal but I cannot recall a single game where I would call him good, for example has he ever been voted MOTM? This is not a vendetta against him, I'd love him to come good for us, but he never does, he just doesn't have it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1277: Nov 26, 2020 04:36:32 pm
      Cant be easy for Divock who has been a good soldier with huge goals for us but the team keeps bringing players to play ahead of him. Not that we shouldn’t as we all know his level is at a smaller team, but can’t be easy continuing to see your minutes diminished. The guy’s confidence must be crushed.

ah poor millionaire, shall we organise a whip round for him?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1278: Nov 26, 2020 04:43:24 pm

What's money got to do with someone's confidence or mental state?

You say some odd reactionary stuff buddy
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1279: Nov 26, 2020 04:45:51 pm
      He is just not up to the job
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1280: Nov 26, 2020 04:46:02 pm

How you come up with this random crap of a post is amazing.

Do you have a dartboard behind you with random stuff and where the dart lands is what you’ll reply to a post with?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1281: Nov 26, 2020 06:56:17 pm
      How you come up with this random crap of a post is amazing.

Do you have a dartboard behind you with random stuff and where the dart lands is what you’ll reply to a post with?

I simply struggle to feel too sad for someone who earns £50k per week, especially someone who jogs a round a football pitch and does not give maximum effort when given the chance. Origi is an incredibly frustrating player to me, so much potential but its all wasted.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1282: Nov 26, 2020 07:03:24 pm
      I love Origi. He will be remembered and sung about for years for his heroicson the pitch. However, I think its time to move on.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1283: Nov 26, 2020 10:06:02 pm
      No place for sentiment Gash for a good while now. Minamino shpuld have his gsme time last night.

Looks like a man who knows hes done and that means not only is confidence low but the desire to work hard goes to
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1284: Nov 27, 2020 03:34:04 am
      Could be very well a vicious circle: Divock would need trust and game time to improve, but he doesn't get it, so he doesn't improve, so he doesn't get trust and game time he'd need to improve. Apart from that I feel he's too tall and slow for our offense. He also does not press as wild as Jota or Bobby. That's something I don't understand - also with Shaq: they know how good it looks for fans and Klopp if someone runs his heart out, so why don't they try it to impress? I mean if you are Origi or Shaq you know you are done more or less, so why not pull off some desperation stand?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1285: Nov 27, 2020 10:49:00 am
      He scored vital goals for us, therefore I wish him success and lucky. However, his time is up. Good servant.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1286: Nov 27, 2020 12:42:32 pm
      Be interesting to see forums in the 80s and 90s reaction to some players being moved on. Souness, Rush Beardsley Fowler for example..

Origi has his place in the clubs history, hell get his ovations on his return, but the important goals he got some months ago cannot sway the mind that he is below the level we now expect and need
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1287: Nov 27, 2020 04:55:09 pm
      Be interesting to see forums in the 80s and 90s reaction to some players being moved on. Souness, Rush Beardsley Fowler for example..

Origi has his place in the clubs history, hell get his ovations on his return, but the important goals he got some months ago cannot sway the mind that he is below the level we now expect and need

Fowler going to Leeds was seen as a good deal at the time!!

Quick Reply