Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Divock Origi (Liverpool > AC Milan)

Read 216060 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Divock Origi Player Thread
      Reply #1288: Nov 27, 2020 05:04:36 pm
      Fowler going to Leeds was seen as a good deal at the time!!

I was in Thailand at the time, my aul fella sent me an email to tell me...I'll be honest I was F***ing gutted
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1289: Nov 27, 2020 06:23:50 pm
      I was in Thailand at the time, my aul fella sent me an email to tell me...I'll be honest I was F***ing gutted

From going the match at the time, general feeling was the injury v Everton had fu**ed him, emergence of Owen, the Thommo fallout all pointed in one direction and the fee we got was decent for the time.

I think the way it was handled wasn't great.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1290: Nov 28, 2020 07:15:28 am
      His race has run, his taxi is waiting, and some are revving their engines to take him the F**k away from Anfield, we all know this, and I’m guessing he does too, however, he is contractually obligated so he’s here for a little while yet, and while he is here he is available for selection if the need arises, and that’s where the problem lies, he simply isn’t good enough, nor will he be given the time to improve,

He’s intelligent enough to realise he is not part of Jürgen’s long term plans, but the footballer in him must be saying I need to play, I need a new challenge, I’m pretty sure he’s had this kind of conversation with Jürgen, Jürgen treats all his players the same so it’s possible between them they have reached a impasse and we will see a parting of the ways next transfer window, so long as a club shows a interest,

Funnily enough, it just so happens that our opponents this very weekend are desperate for a striker, it is entirely possible we could see Divock joining Lallana at the AmEx come January, initially on loan perhaps 🤔

Anybody?

Y  N  W  A

• Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1291: Nov 28, 2020 04:33:12 pm
      It's not good to judge a player that hardly plays. Many here seem to underestimate the effect of serious minutes on the pitch. Put Salah on the bench for 10 games and he might not look better in game #11. It's a vicious circle.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1292: Nov 28, 2020 04:35:38 pm
      Nar he is sh*t
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1293: Nov 28, 2020 04:39:43 pm
      It's not good to judge a player that hardly plays. Many here seem to underestimate the effect of serious minutes on the pitch. Put Salah on the bench for 10 games and he might not look better in game #11. It's a vicious circle.

Salah would look better instantly.

That's what world class players do.

Origi is just a bit of a donkey who can bag the odd worldly.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1294: Nov 28, 2020 06:23:50 pm

;D, Salah could be benched for a year, get a beer gut and still look infinitely better than Origi when coming on.
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #1295: Dec 09, 2020 03:14:56 pm
      Salah would look better instantly.

That's what world class players do.

Origi is just a bit of a donkey who can bag the odd worldly.
      i feel Origi is way too inconsistent even if he does get the odd chance to start a game.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1296: Dec 10, 2020 05:01:37 am
      He looked up and ready for it for the first 3 minutes, then never noticed him again.
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #1297: Dec 10, 2020 06:02:55 am
      another shallow performance from him today
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1298: Dec 10, 2020 11:43:57 am
      Still CL and Everton hero. He stays! Only sell him if he sucks after given more than those petty game times like when he plays 10 games with at least 70 min. game time. That's when you really see if he's done or not.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1299: Dec 10, 2020 11:47:23 am
      Will sell in January hopefully as this is the best move for both Divock and the club.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1300: Dec 10, 2020 11:47:47 am
      Still a legend. but hes defo on his road out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1301: Dec 13, 2020 07:08:49 pm
      What’s the matter with our youth system, no youngsters coming through? they surely deserve a start over Divock.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1302: Dec 22, 2020 06:43:43 pm
      Apparently cut all ties with the club on social media.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1303: Dec 22, 2020 07:02:15 pm
      Apparently cut all ties with the club on social media.

Make you wonder has been told hes off so, that awap deal to schalke maybe?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1304: Dec 22, 2020 07:03:15 pm
      Still a legend. but hes defo on his road out.

If he qualifies as a legend then a new word needs to be invented to describe proper legends
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1305: Jan 22, 2021 01:34:54 pm
      Needs binning after last night's chance. Literally chance offered on a plate and Div blows it similar to Heskey levels of blowing chances.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1306: Jan 22, 2021 06:04:43 pm
      Needs binning after last night's chance. Literally chance offered on a plate and Div blows it similar to Heskey levels of blowing chances.

Agree. Times up now and let’s face it he’s not good enough to bring in for a misfiring Bobby. Jota just proves that.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1307: Jan 22, 2021 10:14:22 pm
      Should never pull on the sacred red shirt again  :mad: as a striker you shouldn't miss those easy chances...what !!! even I could have scored that with my bad foot  :D needs to be binned big time - hopeless.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1308: Jan 23, 2021 07:33:20 pm
      I didn't think he should have been taken off. He was prepared to work a yard of space and get a shot on goal, which is something our other forwards have forgotten how to do over the last month.

Even his miss was actually a strike with conviction in it. If anything it was a bit over-confident, going for the postage stamp with power. Obviously he is a scapegoat for some, but to me he is still a useful option, and one we should be using a bit more at the minute.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1309: Jan 23, 2021 07:55:39 pm
      I didn't think he should have been taken off. He was prepared to work a yard of space and get a shot on goal, which is something our other forwards have forgotten how to do over the last month.

Not popular, but I agree. Salah and Bob did nothing when they came on, and more importantly had had done zilch in previous matches they'd started either.  And Jürgen obviously thought he was worth a punt.

We need guys to be available to for Cup matches, injuries etc.
      He's not as good as Jota, or the other backup options, his control/general play can be poor, but he has a decent shot in him and can get goals.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1310: Jan 23, 2021 08:19:21 pm

Even his miss was actually a strike with conviction in it. If anything it was a bit over-confident, going for the postage stamp with power. Obviously he is a scapegoat for some, but to me he is still a useful option, and one we should be using a bit more at the minute.

Said the same in the match thread, but as usual most people can't stand reality. No reason why he shouldn't start again vs Utd anyway..

Quick Reply