Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ezequiel Lavezzi (PSG)

Read 14197 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Ezequiel Lavezzi (PSG)
      Reply #23: Jul 31, 2014 08:24:44 am
      I really like and respect everyone's positivity towards this guy (He's a nice guy), but still no please, he's not the answer and he's not suited to the Epl.
      I'll be glad if we don't just sayin..
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #24: Jul 31, 2014 02:53:10 pm
      Well, I'm a brazilian and I was watching São Paulo play last night and Alexandre Pato played really well. He is young and has everything to become one of the best players in the world, but it seems he is mentally weak. Would try to sign him, since his price is down. 
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #25: Jul 31, 2014 03:20:41 pm
      Well, I'm a brazilian and I was watching São Paulo play last night and Alexandre Pato played really well. He is young and has everything to become one of the best players in the world, but it seems he is mentally weak. Would try to sign him, since his price is down. 

Pato is crocked. No more crocked players!
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #26: Jul 31, 2014 04:12:23 pm
      Pato is crocked. No more crocked players!

Actually, he is not. Since he came back to Brazil, no major injuries. As I was telling, his problem is that he is mentally weak. He is a complete striker: Fast, shoots with both legs, good header, has vision and everything else you could want on a striker, but, mentally, he is a little fu**ed up...
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #27: Jul 31, 2014 04:36:21 pm
      Loved Pato in Milan when he came. Definitly has mantal problems, but if somebody can get him on early Milan years state of mind will have wc striker.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Jul 31, 2014 06:32:09 pm

Nah. Leave him where he is, his level is about that - São Paulo.
      Lazy striker not half as talented as he thinks he is.
      viniciusgama1
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 11 
      Reply #29: Jul 31, 2014 06:44:32 pm
      I think he is as talented as he think he is, but the problem is with his head. Was reading one of the best journalist here in Brazil and he told that Pato dreams of being in the red carpet of the Oscar. His dream is to be a star and all... That is his problem. If he could focus on the pitch, he would be one of the best.

By the way, he had great seasons for Milan, but was constantly injured.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #30: Jul 31, 2014 07:41:46 pm
      What are your opinions on players such as Douglas Costa, Texeira (Shakhtar), and Bernard? Basically the Brazilians in Ukraine right now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31: Jul 31, 2014 08:05:57 pm
      What are your opinions on players such as Douglas Costa, Texeira (Shakhtar), and Bernard? Basically the Brazilians in Ukraine right now.

This is what I think of them -

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #32: Jul 31, 2014 08:11:56 pm

I thought Diego had already told you most of the Brazilians were sh*t at the moment.
      Lavezzi would be an interesting buy more speed in a speedy team. F**k our attack would be deadly
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #33: Aug 04, 2014 06:31:07 pm
      Just noticed that the last time he scored 10+ league goals he was still in Argentina, and it was not even in the first division.
      Granted, he's not an out and out striker but I'd rather have someone who can lead the line in Sturridge's absence (which unfortunately seems likely to happen over the course of a season). I'm far from convinced that Lavezzi would really be a top addition to this side.
      Scottish Scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 703 posts | 34 
      Reply #34: Aug 04, 2014 06:35:07 pm
      Just noticed that the last time he scored 10+ league goals he was still in Argentina, and it was not even in the first division.
      Granted, he's not an out and out striker but I'd rather have someone who can lead the line in Sturridge's absence (which unfortunately seems likely to happen over the course of a season). I'm far from convinced that Lavezzi would really be a top addition to this side.

I agree, mate. However, I think he WOULD be a top addition, just not in the right position. As you said, we need someone who can play alongside/interchange with Sturridge. :)
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #35: Aug 04, 2014 06:58:33 pm
      I really hope we don't get him. His pace is slowing down. I don't think he's worth the reported £16M PSG wants.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36: Aug 04, 2014 09:12:47 pm
      I really hope we don't get him. His pace is slowing down. I don't think he's worth the reported £16M PSG wants.

I'm not too worried about his pace and whether he's losing it, more the fact I think he has for some reason become very over rated, I don't think he is any better than the average player and for an attacking player he doesn't have the amount of goals or assists you'd expect for someone of his "quality" and who has been around as long as him now, especially given the quality of players he has spent the last how ever long playing with.
      AmeriPool Red
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #37: Aug 04, 2014 09:23:45 pm
      I'm not too worried about his pace and whether he's losing it, more the fact I think he has for some reason become very over rated, I don't think he is any better than the average player and for an attacking player he doesn't have the amount of goals or assists you'd expect for someone of his "quality" and who has been around as long as him now, especially given the quality of players he has spent the last how ever long playing with.
      I agree. I watched quite a few PSG games after Cabaye went there. I really liked him as a player even if he was at Newcastle. I kept hoping the Reds would pick him up. Back to Lavezzi he just wasn't the same player I saw at Napoli. I really don't rate him for all the things you said and his pace has really slipped. Just not the sort of player I would think we are after for that spot. Like I said before I really hope we don't get him.
      yacster
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 524 posts |
      Reply #38: Aug 04, 2014 10:38:04 pm
      how is a player who started in the world cup final and the champions league quarter finals given the options available to club and country overrated? Jay Rodriguez gets rated more highly by some on this forum
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #39: Aug 04, 2014 10:42:46 pm
      how is a player who started in the world cup final and the champions league quarter finals given the options available to club and country overrated? Jay Rodriguez gets rated more highly by some on this forum

Because he's not that good.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #40: Aug 04, 2014 10:44:37 pm

Worse players have played (and some even won) World Cup finals.

Tip: Kleberson.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #41: Aug 05, 2014 12:34:57 am

Much better than Rodriguez though.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #42: Aug 05, 2014 11:58:48 am
      Much better than Rodriguez though.

That depends upon how you look at it. He's not a goal scorer, he's a creative player. He's better technically but scores less goals. Not that I want Rodders here but we have enough creative players in the side, we need someone who can bang the ball home on a regular basis.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #43: Aug 05, 2014 12:00:26 pm
      That depends upon how you look at it. He's not a goal scorer, he's a creative player. He's better technically but scores less goals. Not that I want Rodders here but we have enough creative players in the side, we need someone who can bang the ball home on a regular basis.

I'm not convinced Rodriguez is that guy either.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #44: Aug 05, 2014 12:06:35 pm
      I'm not convinced Rodriguez is that guy either.

The trouble is, we've massively over spent in areas of secondary importance and now don't have enough money left to buy a world class striker, not if you rule Balotelli out or some other one is sold preposterously cheap. Knowing Suarez was leaving the club in the Summer, replacing him should have been our top priority. Once that was done we needed the Full backs, Centre Back and Goal Keeper. Only once these key positions had been filled should we have moved on to squad targets.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #45: Aug 05, 2014 12:18:22 pm
      The trouble is, we've massively over spent in areas of secondary importance and now don't have enough money left to buy a world class striker

We have piles of money left if the manager is allowed to spend it.

Quick Reply