Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we be happy?

Liverpool win?
      14 (60.9%)
      Man City win?
      5 (21.7%)
      Draw
      4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

LFC 2-2 Man City [LFC win on pens]: Pre Match, In Game and Post Match Chat

Read 18587 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,922 posts | 822 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: LFC 2-2 Man City [LFC win on pens]: Pre Match, In Game and Post Match Chat
      Reply #414: Aug 01, 2014 01:06:24 pm
      I disagree with those who think playing City in a pre-season was a mistake.

If there was anyway to get them competitive juices flowing in our players it was to get them to go up against the team that snatched the tittle from us and we went out there and beat them, irrelevant of what it does for both teams mentally. It would have got the players up for the game and got them playing as well as they could possibly for that game.

Now the competitiveness can continue at the possibility of playing the scum in the final and thumping them, i prefer this type of pre-season then playing the likes of Wrexham and FC Toronto.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #415: Aug 01, 2014 01:36:05 pm
      Looks like being a Liverpool V United final at this rate.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #416: Aug 01, 2014 03:22:55 pm
      Something you need to realise DLS is that I am not always negative. All I've done is given City credit for how well they came out and attacked us, but then I acknowledged that we had out a 2nd string defence which could have been reason for them looking as strong as they did in attack. I'm not going to pick flaws with City's team because they, as a club, have no interest to me. Yes, we did still win albeit it on penalties, but we also at one point had our strongest midfield out, and we were not dominating. But then again, it's a pre-season friendly and a lot of players were clearly struggling with the pace (i.e Joe Allen).

I'm not going to read too much into the performance though. It was a friendly at the end of the day and the only major disappointment for me was a couple of our defenders and Joe Allen.

I didn't say you were negative all the time, in fact I don't think I've ever called you negative. (a soft c**t elsewhere on the forum yes, but negative no). But I do find it strange that you seem intent on praising City and throwing digs at Liverpool, when you're on a Liverpool forum and a Liverpool fan.  And then I find it even stranger the digs you're throwing at us but then turn round and say it's only a friendly when discussing us winning. If it's only a friendly, why get so hung up about the problems our defence have?

And finally, you end the post with a line that says the "only major disappointment". Why not talk about the positive side of the performance and result instead? We won, we beat the champions. Yeah it was on penalties, so were two of our European Cup wins and the penalty shootouts certainly don't take any credit off those victories.

We won, rejoice in it. Fair enough there were bad parts to our game and they need to be discussed, not everything is rosy but in football the single most important aspect of the game is the result and the result was Liverpool won.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #417: Aug 01, 2014 03:30:48 pm
      So is this why the Yankee fans booed City onto the pitch?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/collections/home-us-tour#18667
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #418: Aug 01, 2014 03:50:59 pm
      Wow, I had no idea the depth of feeling and support for LFC that's out there

Assuming he is in fact speaking for the majority of New Yorkers, that's pretty cool
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #419: Aug 01, 2014 04:17:06 pm
      Wow, I had no idea the depth of feeling and support for LFC that's out there

Assuming he is in fact speaking for the majority of New Yorkers, that's pretty cool

You'd have to ask Eric that question.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #420: Aug 02, 2014 01:48:11 am
      Get the F**k in. One Manc team down, another to go in the Final.

Well played lads, fought back twice from positions I didn't think we could and got the W. That's the spirit.

Quick Reply