Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Javier Manquillo

Read 31128 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Javier Manquillo Player Thread
      Reply #161: Mar 06, 2015 12:06:44 pm
      He will be unless we cancel his loan. It was a 2-year deal.
      yer can see us binning that off unless we give him another season to progress but with Wisdom,Flanno,Ilori all coming back i'm not so sure we will keep him on the books. We need to go out and get a 20mil RWB
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #162: Mar 06, 2015 12:08:26 pm
      yer can see us binning that off unless we give him another season to progress but with Wisdom,Flanno,Ilori all coming back i'm not so sure we will keep him on the books. We need to go out and get a 20mil RWB

So you don't rate Ibe or Markovic?

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #163: Mar 06, 2015 12:09:47 pm
      So you don't rate Ibe or Markovic?
      yer love both of them mate but long term i see them playing the Sterling role supporting the striker. the fact that we also have those two who can play as RWB makes the choice to terminate his loan even more realistic now.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #164: Mar 18, 2015 10:10:03 pm
      The more options the better, isn't that what last years transfer money was for apparently? I don't get the problem with a two year loan spell where the player can do wonders or not.
      He looks promising. Borini never, Alberto never or Aspas never whilst playing in the first team that is. so I don't see the controversy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #165: Mar 19, 2015 07:59:15 am
      Wouldn't be surprised if his loan move is cancelled in the summer. Made a positive start but become very much a forgotten man.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #166: Mar 19, 2015 09:15:29 am
      Wouldn't be surprised if his loan move is cancelled in the summer. Made a positive start but become very much a forgotten man.

I agree. I prefer Flanagan and Wisdom to him. I don't want to be attacked but what do you think about Richards? He is free this Summer.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #167: Mar 19, 2015 09:49:15 am
      I agree. I prefer Flanagan and Wisdom to him. I don't want to be attacked but what do you think about Richards? He is free this Summer.

I'm not a fan of his but I think he'd be better suited to RCB than RWB.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #168: Mar 19, 2015 11:59:09 am
      cancel loan send him back keep Flanno and wisdom to battle it out
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #169: Mar 19, 2015 12:46:15 pm
      Sack the Wisdom idea off, Flanagan yes but Wisdom can't handle the big time or is this the rose tinted glasses era? Why exactly would Wisdom look or be better than Manquillo on the wing?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #170: Mar 19, 2015 01:17:03 pm
      Sack the Wisdom idea off, Flanagan yes but Wisdom can't handle the big time or is this the rose tinted glasses era? Why exactly would Wisdom look or be better than Manquillo on the wing?
      i just feel as a defender he looks better, not going forward but defending i think he's more solid. Some games we will need to bring on a more defensive mided player.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #171: Mar 19, 2015 04:58:06 pm
      i just feel as a defender he looks better, not going forward but defending i think he's more solid. Some games we will need to bring on a more defensive mided player.

Fair enough mate, you never know.
      I just can't fathom the fall from grace of the young lad Javier Manquillo. looks decent to me with much experience to come, win win situation.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #172: Mar 19, 2015 06:34:13 pm

Wouldn't want Richards anywhere near the team, no where near the standard we should be looking to sign.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #173: Mar 19, 2015 08:23:18 pm

Neither would I.

Got to be honest, I see nothing in the guy and don't think I ever have in the short time he's been here. Very one dimensional and predictable.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #174: Mar 19, 2015 11:31:46 pm

I don't think Wisdom is good enough in terms of where we want to be and the type of player needed to get there BUT I firmly believe he would have contributed more than young Manquillio this season had we kept him at the club.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #175: Mar 20, 2015 12:00:31 am
      I don't think Wisdom is good enough in terms of where we want to be and the type of player needed to get there BUT I firmly believe he would have contributed more than young Manquillio this season had we kept him at the club.

It's this that irritates me - we could give youngsters from the youth a chance over importing duds like Manquillo. They couldn't be any less futile than Manquillo this year so why not just give the kids a chance?
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #176: Mar 20, 2015 09:21:30 am
      It's this that irritates me - we could give youngsters from the youth a chance over importing duds like Manquillo. They couldn't be any less futile than Manquillo this year so why not just give the kids a chance?

I agree mate although I'm not sure he is a total dud mate (he will be a player eventually I think) BUT he is very young, very raw and needs another year or two at the top level in my opinion. without doubt Wisdom (having proven the season before that he could contribute) would have been a better bet as and when the call came this season. Particularly as RB was a problem position until the switch in formation.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #177: Mar 20, 2015 09:30:46 am

I wouldn't quite call him a dud mate. He hasn't been as bad as Lovren and Balotelli. I would call those players duds.

He was obviously scouted and showed potential so we went for the loan deal. He has played ok when called on nothing special just ok. But he isn't a dud.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,230 posts | 6355 
      Reply #178: Mar 20, 2015 10:38:47 am
      Can't believe he is getting that much discussion.

Is he really that integral in our plans right now?

If he plays a bit part then it's all gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Otherwise it's not that big of a deal with Flanagan coming back into the fold and likely some more shopping for fullbacks in the summer.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #179: Mar 20, 2015 10:51:46 am
      Can't believe he is getting that much discussion.

Is he really that integral in our plans right now?

If he plays a bit part then it's all gravy as far as I'm concerned.

Otherwise it's not that big of a deal with Flanagan coming back into the fold and likely some more shopping for fullbacks in the summer.

Just shooting the breeze is all dude, gotta talk about something ;-)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #180: Mar 20, 2015 11:26:54 am
      I'm wondering was he brought in essentially as cover to allow Wisdom a full season of first tram football to develop?

Then if he proved to be a good player we would sign him up after the loan.

Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #181: Mar 20, 2015 12:18:27 pm
      Maybe Si but I don't think Wisdom will be back, I suspect he will be sold in the summer for circa 4-6 million. I reckon we could have done with Wisdom earlier in the season though, and he could also have contributed as one of a back three in this new set-up. He will go on to be a good pro in the EPL for 10 good years I would imagine.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #182: Mar 20, 2015 01:12:13 pm
      ref this i just want to pick up and a very interesting point raised below by fellow reds, i didnt consider Wisdom as RCB but now you mention it he could do a good job there also add Ilori into the mix and i would say defence wise we are sorted.

Now back to topic i dont think Manquillo is or will be a good enought RWB we need to get someone who's got high assists and can score the odd goal. does anyone think Madrid would let Arbaloa go maybe we can get him on a 2yr deal.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #183: Mar 20, 2015 01:30:08 pm
      I always thought Manquillo was solid enough defensively, especially for a kid who had virtually no first team experience at Atletico. He doesn't offer too much going forward though, and that becomes problematic in a 3-4-3.

Quick Reply