Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Javier Manquillo

Read 31155 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Re: Javier Manquillo Player Thread
      Reply #23: Aug 06, 2014 06:16:59 pm
      He looks a big strong lad for his age.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Aug 06, 2014 07:07:35 pm
      Welcome on board lad.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #25: Aug 06, 2014 07:17:55 pm
      Does anybody think he will be started ahead of Johnson?
      We can only hope .

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #26: Aug 06, 2014 07:19:19 pm
      Does anybody think he will be started ahead of Johnson?

Mate, I'd rather Colin Pascoe start ahead of Johnson.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #27: Aug 06, 2014 08:27:35 pm
      His first interview;

Welcome to Liverpool FC - how does it feel to be here?

First of all, thanks very much. I'm very happy to have signed for a club like Liverpool. I think it's one of the biggest in Europe. Any footballer would want to come and play here.

How did you feel when coming to Liverpool became a realistic possibility for you?

When they tell you Liverpool want to sign you, like any player, you are going to be absolutely amazed and you don't think of anything else other than going straight there.

What do you know about Liverpool?

Liverpool the place? I've never been here before so just the bits I've seen since I arrived. But Anfield itself - I think that every player wants to play there.

And the legendary club itself, what do you know about the football club?

The club is one of the biggest in Europe, no English club has won more European Cups. It has a superb history and is a team that nowadays any player would want to be a part of.

How was it at Atletico Madrid?

It really was a great group of players. From a personal point of view it was a disappointing year for me. I was unlucky with injury, but for the group as a whole it was a brilliant year. We managed to achieve things that from the outset appeared almost impossible, so let's hope that I find something similar here; a team that has the highest aspirations and can win as much as possible.

What can you say about Juanfran as a player and what did you learn from him?

Juanfran is a top player and he's been showing that for a number of years now. I learned a lot from him. For example, he used to play further forward out wide and he found easy to adapt when they switched him to full back.

Speaking about you personally now, for the supporters here, how would you describe yourself as a player?

Firstly, I'm coming here to earn my place in the side, and above all, like any footballer to keep on improving as much as I can in training and compete to the very best of my ability.

Are you a fan of the Premier league?

The football here is a bit different to elsewhere, particularly Spain. It's very end-to-end whereas Spanish football is more tactical. The football here is very entertaining to watch.

What does football mean to you?

For me and almost every player, football is something you are born with, something you love and can't live without.

You played alongside Suso - what is he like as a player and a person?

It's better to have him on your side than against you, because we all know he has great quality and is a very good player. I get on very well with him and he's a great teammate to have.

Have you spoken with Suso about your move and what has he told you about Liverpool FC and the city?

To tell you the truth I haven't really spoken to him much yet, but when we see each other he'll be able to give me lots of advice and I guess it will be him who helps me to get settled in here.

You will soon be running out in front of the famous Kop - have you had any thoughts on how that will feel?

That moment is something that you have to experience for yourself. Until I have, I would not know how to describe it to you.

What are you objectives at Liverpool FC?

The immediate objective is to do the best I possibly can here. I've come here to try and secure a place for myself in the side and, if possible, stay here for many more years in the future.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #28: Aug 06, 2014 09:02:16 pm
      Well one thing he has speed to burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpHRPfchQX0
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,909 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #29: Aug 06, 2014 09:48:42 pm
      Welcome, saying all the right things, especially in hinting he wants to stay here after his loan spell. Hope he merits a reason to do so.

Hope to see him come straight in, leaving Johnson on the bench, if he performs badly or Johnson out performs him in training etc then swap but at the moment Johnson needs to be removed from the equation.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #30: Aug 06, 2014 11:57:28 pm
      When they tell you Liverpool want to sign you, like any player, you are going to be absolutely amazed and you don't think of anything else other than going straight there.

I wonder if they are given that phrase in media training only with a blank where the club name is.

Of course you probably wouldn't wheel it out for Haggisville in the Scottish 6th division.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #31: Aug 07, 2014 04:16:12 am
      Welcome and lucky Javier. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #32: Aug 07, 2014 05:46:42 am
      Good luck, Javier.

Excited to see how he goes.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #33: Aug 07, 2014 05:54:37 am
      Hope he starts against Dortmund.  Send a message to Johnson.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: Aug 07, 2014 06:08:53 am
      Hope he starts against Dortmund.  Send a message to Johnson.

:) :aaliverpool2xt1: :gt-happyup:
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #35: Aug 07, 2014 10:14:20 am
      Steve Nicol says he cannot understand why Liverpool have signed youngster Javier Manquillo from Atletico Madrid.

Manquillo, 20, has moved to Anfield on a two-year loan deal after just six La Liga appearances for the Spanish champions.

Speaking on Extra Time, Nicol said: "It is a strange one. The guy hasn't played. He didn't play in the Atleti B team either, so this guy doesn’t have a lot of minutes behind him.

"I'm really not sure where the connection comes from and I'm certainly not sure scouts have seen him play because the guy hasn't played. I'm a little sceptical. Hopefully, it turns out, but it's a little strange."

According to Nicol, Liverpool should not be signing any players on loan deals, with the Anfield legend questioning whether Manquillo will be fully committed to the club.

"As a player, being loaned out is a bit of a slight on you," he said. "I don't see players having loyalty to the teams they are with because they are owned by another side.

"What if this guy sits on the bench for Liverpool? How happy is he going to be? Not only is he on loan, but he is not playing.

"I don't understand why a team of Liverpool's size are doing that."

Let's hope he is wrong eh
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36: Aug 07, 2014 10:24:11 am
      Steve Nicol says he cannot understand why Liverpool have signed youngster Javier Manquillo from Atletico Madrid.

Manquillo, 20, has moved to Anfield on a two-year loan deal after just six La Liga appearances for the Spanish champions.

Speaking on Extra Time, Nicol said: "It is a strange one. The guy hasn't played. He didn't play in the Atleti B team either, so this guy doesn’t have a lot of minutes behind him.

"I'm really not sure where the connection comes from and I'm certainly not sure scouts have seen him play because the guy hasn't played. I'm a little sceptical. Hopefully, it turns out, but it's a little strange."

According to Nicol, Liverpool should not be signing any players on loan deals, with the Anfield legend questioning whether Manquillo will be fully committed to the club.

"As a player, being loaned out is a bit of a slight on you," he said. "I don't see players having loyalty to the teams they are with because they are owned by another side.

"What if this guy sits on the bench for Liverpool? How happy is he going to be? Not only is he on loan, but he is not playing.

steve nicol does talk an amazing pile of sh*te re liverpool and other things.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #37: Aug 07, 2014 10:30:26 am

I wouldn't know. Given it was on talkshite I don't think you are wrong.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38: Aug 07, 2014 10:34:49 am

I don't know how these lads have jobs.
      He was just getting into their team when he had a pretty F***ing nasty neck injury against Real Madrid.
      This is us taking a gamble that he's fully over the injury.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: Aug 08, 2014 09:35:28 am

Agreed mate, hear him on ESPN mate and think he talks a lot of sh*te, myself.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #40: Aug 08, 2014 01:56:48 pm
      He's the one on ESPN FC Press Pass? F***ing painful to hear him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #41: Aug 08, 2014 02:53:41 pm
      It seems to me that Flanagans future is under threat here, especially if we think about players like Mclaughlin.

Personally, I really hope Flanagan continues to improve, and that if/when it comes to a choice between the 3 (plus Wisdom and perhaps Kelly) he gets the nod.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #42: Aug 08, 2014 10:40:20 pm
      Agreed mate, hear him on ESPN mate and think he talks a lot of sh*te, myself.

He spent too much time across the pond ;D Great player, sh*te manager or 'coach' as they'd have it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,202 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #43: Aug 10, 2014 02:17:45 pm
      How did he do today?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      Reply #44: Aug 10, 2014 02:17:56 pm
      Great Debut for the lad.Might become one hell of a signing 8)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,909 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #45: Aug 10, 2014 02:20:25 pm

Brilliant.

Got into brilliant positions, looked energetic strong getting up and down the pitch. Made a couple nice challenges and a great couple passes, linked up with Hendo well.

Bright future for the lad.

Quick Reply