Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Radamel Falcao (Monaco)

Read 34626 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: Radamel Falcao (Monaco)
      Reply #345: Aug 21, 2014 04:51:59 pm
      Gone incredibly quiet on here. Would still be nice to get Falcao in, with Mario learning a thing or two from him. Understandably Falcao would be a short term option, but if he wanted his move to Madrid then he'd still have to perform to a high level.

Make it happen.

Skysports reported earlier Dimaria and khedira have put in transfer requests so that opens up the Falcao move to Real unfortunately for those wanting him here.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #346: Aug 21, 2014 04:55:45 pm
      Doubt we would get both Falcao and Balotelli. But hey I would not be opposed to it! I think we are mostly done with transfers unless Lucas moves on.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #347: Aug 21, 2014 06:26:04 pm
      With Balotelli incoming I'd guess this one is dead in the water?

Expect so, even though we may not have been after him at all.

Still want us to go all out and get him here though like.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,345 posts | 1531 
      Reply #348: Aug 21, 2014 08:28:29 pm
      I was hoping Balotelli was a smokescreen why we landed Falcao.   :(
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #349: Aug 21, 2014 08:31:31 pm
      I was hoping Balotelli was a smokescreen why we landed Falcao.   :(

Still time for him to arrive yet lad ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #350: Aug 22, 2014 03:45:40 pm
      So United don't want Di Maria.... http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/man-utd-wont-pursue-di-maria_172408.html

And apparently neither do PSG, which means that Real can't raise the money and balance the books for a Falcao transfer...which means if he REALLY wants to leave Monaco then we should be in the driver's seat to sign him?

Wishful thinking maybe.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #351: Aug 22, 2014 03:55:55 pm

Just a little bit mate :D

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #352: Aug 22, 2014 05:14:02 pm
      So United don't want Di Maria.... http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/man-utd-wont-pursue-di-maria_172408.html

And apparently neither do PSG, which means that Real can't raise the money and balance the books for a Falcao transfer...which means if he REALLY wants to leave Monaco then we should be in the driver's seat to sign him?

Wishful thinking maybe.

Well he had a chance to come to us but decided he would prefer Real. His loss
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #353: Aug 22, 2014 06:04:16 pm
      Well he had a chance to come to us but decided he would prefer Real. His loss

Says who? Who's to say we even made an offer for him to have the chance to turn us down for Real?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #354: Aug 22, 2014 06:32:12 pm
      Says who? Who's to say we even made an offer for him to have the chance to turn us down for Real?

Just need to remember that even Monaco was supposed to be a quick side-trip on his way to Madrid.

Madrid was always the final destination but Athletico would not sell him directly so Monaco was a diversion along the route.

At least that is the way I understood it, whether it happens now I don't know but I can understand how he ended up at Monaco and whey AM would not sell directly to RM.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #355: Aug 22, 2014 06:38:24 pm
      Just need to remember that even Monaco was supposed to be a quick side-trip on his way to Madrid.

Madrid was always the final destination but Athletico would not sell him directly so Monaco was a diversion along the route.

At least that is the way I understood it, whether it happens now I don't know but I can understand how he ended up at Monaco and whey AM would not sell directly to RM.

Plus he's earnt a sh*t-load playing for Monaco ;)

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #356: Aug 22, 2014 06:42:01 pm
      Plus he's earnt a sh*t-load playing for Monaco ;)

Well, half playing. Spent half the season out injured.

You make a good point, I forgot about the stop gap it was deemed as when the deal went through. We have to face it, and it's been mentioned by people before (actually I think Gerrard said it), for players like Suarez, Falcao and probably the vast majority of South Americans, their dream club is the likes of Real Madrid and it has been like that for a long time. It's not exactly something they have against us or other teams for that matter, it's just the likes of Madrid and Barca have a much bigger global reputation.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #357: Aug 22, 2014 07:05:33 pm

It was general knowledge that Balo was our back up when we found out Falcao wanted the move to Real rather than us. Why put a bid in for him if he is not even keen to move us and has his heart set on somebody else.

Dont really want another Sanchez scenario.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #358: Aug 22, 2014 07:07:23 pm
      It was general knowledge that Balo was our back up when we found out Falcao wanted the move to Real rather than us. Why put a bid in for him if he is not even keen to move us and has his heart set on somebody else.

Dont really want another Sanchez scenario.

But there has been nothing remotely reliable we did actually go after Falcao. It did just seem like the media trying to make a story that wasn't there. I might have missed something semi-reliable so by all means point me in the right direction if that's the case.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #359: Aug 22, 2014 07:08:51 pm
      But there has been nothing remotely reliable we did actually go after Falcao. It did just seem like the media trying to make a story that wasn't there. I might have missed something semi-reliable so by all means point me in the right direction if that's the case.

I thought I read somewhere from Barrett along these lines but just as easily may have dreamt it....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #360: Aug 22, 2014 07:09:45 pm
      I thought I read somewhere from Barrett along these lines but just as easily may have dreamt it....

Maybe somebody can point us both into some sort of direction ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #361: Aug 22, 2014 07:13:45 pm
      Maybe somebody can point us both into some sort of direction ;)

Nope, it's all been bullshit derived from some spanish radio station that the metro ran with.
      And that's if the metro was even telling the truth about the spanish radio station ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #362: Aug 22, 2014 07:18:49 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #363: Aug 22, 2014 07:21:23 pm

He's just linked the speculation together is all.
      It's what reporters do, especially when they get paid per word.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #364: Aug 22, 2014 07:23:31 pm
      He's just linked the speculation together is all.
      It's what reporters do, especially when they get paid per word.

Same as you speculating that its BS.

Either you believe it or not... Im sure I have seen similar reports elsewhere, its irrelevant now anyway.
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2014 07:39:39 pm by HScRed1 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #365: Aug 22, 2014 07:38:40 pm

Good read mate that convinces me even more that Brendan feels he has the measure of the task ahead and the confidence to confront it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #366: Aug 22, 2014 08:08:12 pm
      Same as you speculating that its BS.

Either you believe it or not... Im sure I have seen similar reports elsewhere, its irrelevant now anyway.

When it comes to journo's I follow the Irish rule: believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #367: Aug 23, 2014 09:27:06 am
      All I know is that Falcao needs to go to a good club because he's playing for a team of no significance, almost like he's retired already.
      I know the money is amazing, but this guy can get good money at other more competative teams
      This player is possibly the best striker in the world, I've missed seeing him in proper action since he left Atletico.

Quick Reply