Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Alberto Moreno Player Thread

Read 91963 times
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,745 posts | 2674 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1675: Apr 24, 2019 04:35:17 pm
      Was poking fun at how upset some "fans" have been about Mo being in NYC.

Gini in France..

Bit of R&R helps the process and keeping the mind focused.. better off just going about their personal business as it’s not affected their business on the pitch..
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,801 posts | 2088 
      Reply #1676: Apr 24, 2019 05:55:07 pm
      Was poking fun at how upset some "fans" have been about Mo being in NYC.

Ha, didn't realise this had upset some people.

Weird folk about.
      ozi_wozzy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,442 posts | 244 
      Reply #1677: Apr 26, 2019 10:08:00 am
      Strange how much abuse he gets. I understand any criticism of him as a player because he's not good enough to play for us anymore and he's made too many critical mistakes that cost us games in the past. But he's also had a few decent games and has been a model professional on the training ground even over the past couple of seasons when he's barely featured. It's also widely reported he is very good for morale of the team and has especially helped the South American lads settle in (Bobby and Fab have both credited him for helping their move into life in Merseyside) - haven't we all benefited from their form?

If we were talking about gobsh*tes like Diouf who dragged the name of the club through the gutter, or genuine wastes of space like Konchesky, I would understand. So I hope people stop giving the lad abuse. He's clearly not Liverpool standards and will move on, I hope he finds a decent gig for himself. I would shake his hand and wish him luck.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,428 posts | 2272 
      Reply #1678: Apr 26, 2019 06:09:06 pm
      Strange how much abuse he gets. I understand any criticism of him as a player because he's not good enough to play for us anymore and he's made too many critical mistakes that cost us games in the past. But he's also had a few decent games and has been a model professional on the training ground even over the past couple of seasons when he's barely featured. It's also widely reported he is very good for morale of the team and has especially helped the South American lads settle in (Bobby and Fab have both credited him for helping their move into life in Merseyside) - haven't we all benefited from their form?

If we were talking about gobsh*tes like Diouf who dragged the name of the club through the gutter, or genuine wastes of space like Konchesky, I would understand. So I hope people stop giving the lad abuse. He's clearly not Liverpool standards and will move on, I hope he finds a decent gig for himself. I would shake his hand and wish him luck.

I like the lad.
      He's very talented as well, but he's just not a good enough defender.
      It's as I've always said; good footballer, bad defender.
      If we played on old style 442 with proper wingers, he'd be ideal further up, but we don't, so he's not.
      Wish him all the best wherever he goes.

Quick Reply