Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 178406 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #575: Feb 07, 2016 12:24:45 am
      I didn't think he was that bad. I listened to the Anfield Wrap's post match show and they agreed that he was one of our better players today.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #576: Feb 07, 2016 12:30:47 am
      I didn't think he was that bad. I listened to the Anfield Wrap's post match show and they agreed that he was one of our better players today.

It was his sh*t defending that led to him giving away the freekick from which they scored.

Oh yes and don't forget the two best chances we had that he fluffed esp the header in the six yard box which he managed to completley balls up by shouldering it  :lmao:

But yeah apart from that fantastic.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #577: Feb 07, 2016 12:34:10 am
      It was his sh*t defending that led to him giving away the freekick from which they scored.

Oh yes and don't forget the two best chances we had that he fluffed esp the header in the six yard box which he managed to completley balls up by shouldering it  :lmao:

But yeah apart from that fantastic.

I'm sorry, but you cannot place any of the blame for either of the goals on Moreno. The free kick was entirely Mignolet's fault. Any half decent goalkeeper sets up the wall properly and saves the shot. The second goal was down to Sakho.

The header was mental, yeah. But let's ignore the lovely ball that he delivered into the box and the threat he offered on the left hand side. I didn't say he was excellent. I think he was decent, certainly not bad.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #578: Feb 07, 2016 12:39:15 am
      I'm sorry, but you cannot place any of the blame for either of the goals on Moreno. The free kick was entirely Mignolet's fault. Any half decent goalkeeper sets up the wall properly and saves the shot. The second goal was down to Sakho.

The header was mental, yeah. But let's ignore the lovely ball that he delivered into the box and the threat he offered on the left hand side. I didn't say he was excellent. I think he was decent, certainly not bad.

Not sure if you saw the game but the first goal started from a simple punt into our area and Moreno on the edge of our box with 5 reds around him  headed the ball to the only Sunderland player nearby. Then trying to amend his error he commits a petulant needless foul resulting in the freekick.

So my friend he was more than responsible for that first goal.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #579: Feb 07, 2016 12:48:54 am
      Not sure if you saw the game but the first goal started from a simple punt into our area and Moreno on the edge of our box with 5 reds around him  headed the ball to the only Sunderland player nearby. Then trying to amend his error he commits a petulant needless foul resulting in the freekick.

So my friend he was more than responsible for that first goal.

If Johnson whips in a brilliant free kick and scores you might have a point. But because of what happens next, there's is absolutely not a chance that you can blame Moreno.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #580: Feb 07, 2016 12:52:19 am
      If Johnson whips in a brilliant free kick and scores you might have a point. But because of what happens next, there's is absolutely not a chance that you can blame Moreno.

Why are being so belligerent because I'm sure your not stupid, there was no need for a free kick hence chance of a shot on goal.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #581: Feb 07, 2016 09:33:00 am
      Why are being so belligerent because I'm sure your not stupid, there was no need for a free kick hence chance of a shot on goal.

Agreed, apart from Migs and his shitness at that FK, should never been a FK in the 1st place if Moreno hadn't fu**ed up trying to be clever.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #582: Feb 07, 2016 09:35:25 am
      How many goals does he have to cost us before he is finally dropped?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #583: Feb 07, 2016 10:01:34 am

Exact same thing can be asked of Mignolet mate! 2 peas in the same pond.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #584: Feb 07, 2016 11:06:41 am

Peas go in ponds? :D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #585: Feb 07, 2016 11:16:28 am

I think the two of them must be in competition as to who can cost us the most points.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #586: Feb 07, 2016 11:21:18 am

I've been known to pee in a pond, but never the same pond twice.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #587: Feb 07, 2016 11:45:21 am

Where did that N come from?   :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #588: Feb 07, 2016 11:52:22 am
      Look he's obviously been sh*te however he does keep getting himself into dangerous positions... I just wish he could work on his end product when he gets there.

Huge gaping flaws in his defensive work but I just can't shake thinking he's going to come good. No real logic behind it just a gut thing. I think there is a good player in there somewhere just needs to screw his head on.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,262 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #589: Feb 07, 2016 12:19:36 pm
      There is one defence for this lad and mignolet. Many times over the years I've seen players lose form, have bad spells or who just aren't good enough. Usually for there own good they are given a spell out of the side, and for the good of the side.

Moreno and mignolet are just constantly selected. It's like we just, bar injury, use the previous games team sheet. We aren't getting to the root of the problems and trying to fix it. And that's not the players in questions fault.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #590: Feb 07, 2016 03:42:27 pm
      He's quick. That's it. Hopefully he'll be as quick out the door come the summer.

Can't cross. Can't defend. Can't head. Constantly out of position. Why is he still getting picked?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #591: Feb 07, 2016 08:31:51 pm
      Look he's obviously been sh*te however he does keep getting himself into dangerous positions... I just wish he could work on his end product when he gets there.

Huge gaping flaws in his defensive work but I just can't shake thinking he's going to come good. No real logic behind it just a gut thing. I think there is a good player in there somewhere just needs to screw his head on.

He's quick. That's it. Hopefully he'll be as quick out the door come the summer.

Can't cross. Can't defend. Can't head. Constantly out of position. Why is he still getting picked?

He put in a cracking cross yesterday, but our sh*te movement meant no one was on the end of it. He can defend, we've seen him defend well. It's clear Klopp wants Moreno to bomb on more though and that's inevitably going to cost us at times when he's so high up the pitch.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #592: Feb 07, 2016 09:00:22 pm

He put in a cracking cross yesterday, but our sh*te movement meant no one was on the end of it. He can defend, we've seen him defend well. It's clear Klopp wants Moreno to bomb on more though and that's inevitably going to cost us at times when he's so high up the pitch.

Sorry, but I don't believe you. He can occasionally make a last ditch challenge because he has the speed to catch up. But he cannot defend. As for crosses, well occasionally one might beat the first man, but not very often.

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #593: Feb 07, 2016 09:22:28 pm
      bags of energy, good speed

absolutely no composure at the back or going forward.

poor positional sense

shocking tackling

will give you a free kick or corner without hesitation. u dont even need to ask him, just stand with the ball and bobs your uncle
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #594: Feb 07, 2016 09:53:34 pm

I don't see it mate.  I don't think there is some secret Alberto just waiting to come out and be a top player.

At any rate we are not in a position to hold out and hope he comes good while he costs us points again and again in the meantime.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #595: Feb 07, 2016 09:57:41 pm
      No . We want a full back who to start with actually understands defending and can read a game sufficiently to not get caught out of position time after time.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #596: Feb 07, 2016 10:07:55 pm
      I don't see it mate.  I don't think there is some secret Alberto just waiting to come out and be a top player.

At any rate we are not in a position to hold out and hope he comes good while he costs us points again and again in the meantime.

To be honest I can't even rationally explain why I'm thinking he'll be good. Just one of those things were I'm willing to see him play week in and week out. But I can completely see why people are unhappy with him.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #597: Feb 14, 2016 09:35:21 pm
      Thought he was excellent today. Put in a couple of brilliant balls and he links up really well with Coutinho.

Quick Reply