Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 178448 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #943: Jul 31, 2016 07:48:22 pm
      Moreno just take one for the team here at least if we're all moaning about him, we're not having convulsions about Mignolet in goal. Let Ming build his confidence up :laugh:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #944: Jul 31, 2016 08:30:55 pm
      Moreno just take one for the team here at least if we're all moaning about him, we're not having convulsions about Mignolet in goal. Let Ming build his confidence up :laugh:

Haha, I think they're both sharing the brunt of the complaining in equal measure.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #945: Jul 31, 2016 08:52:00 pm
      Just out of interest, am I the only person on the forum who hopes this lad makes it here?

The problem is when you put your hopes for one player to "make it" above the success of the team.  Moreno cost us points, important points, in both seasons.  Arguably the most important of all was the final against Sevilla. 

I mean think about it.  If we had won that final we would have CL right now, imagine the calibre of player we could have brought in, along with the extra money that FSG loves.  If we had had a better LB, we very well might have won that game, it really is that simple.

So what do you want?---do you want us to keep playing Moreno in the hopes that he might come good (knowing that he might never do), all the while risk of losing even more points?

We had this same situation with Carroll a few years back.  He almost never performed.  And yet we insisted on playing him, in the hopes that eventually he'd come good, but it never happened, and we had less success as a team because of it.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #946: Aug 01, 2016 01:40:08 pm
      So what do you want?---do you want us to keep playing Moreno in the hopes that he might come good (knowing that he might never do), all the while risk of losing even more points?

Don't you trust Klopp's training and player development? It's not like Klopp keeps playing him in hope of improved performances without developing him? I wouldn't want this sort of manager as well.

Unless you say he's a real dumb footballer and he'll never make it no matter how much training Klopp gives him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #947: Aug 01, 2016 01:43:56 pm

Unless you say he's a real dumb footballer and he'll never make it no matter how much training Klopp gives him.

That's my concern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGqY90zVoGU
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #948: Aug 01, 2016 02:17:21 pm

We can't prove anything now. But if this is true, I think we have a more serious problem.

How did our statistics and analysis team screen out such a dumb footballer. Past statistics would have justified this recruitment surely. So how did we end with this quality if he's really that dumb in the first place?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #949: Aug 01, 2016 02:56:45 pm
      The problem is when you put your hopes for one player to "make it" above the success of the team.  Moreno cost us points, important points, in both seasons.  Arguably the most important of all was the final against Sevilla. 

I mean think about it.  If we had won that final we would have CL right now, imagine the calibre of player we could have brought in, along with the extra money that FSG loves.  If we had had a better LB, we very well might have won that game, it really is that simple.

We had this same situation with Carroll a few years back.  He almost never performed.  And yet we insisted on playing him, in the hopes that eventually he'd come good, but it never happened, and we had less success as a team because of it.

Talking pure sh*te again Fed, how you get away with it time and time again is beyond me,
      Now while I do agree Alberto isn't a Roberto Carlos he's not a Jimi Traore either, he's not the brightest spanner in the box to boot and he is prone to the odd brain fart at crucial times,however,
      You cannot blame him entirely for the capitulation against Sevilla, there were10 other players who in a word bottled it(Kolo aside) and he has played reasonable for the most part, all season

We have to take into account that he's only been here one season, I'm not making excuses for him, like I said I agree we could and probably should have better, but Jürgen likes him atm, and it is entirely possible he could improve and make less mistakes,
      He doesn't set out to deliberately F**k things up, get off the blokes back give him the support we give everyone else,
      Time will tell whether Klopp continues to trust him,
      So if you trust Jürgen you'll also trust his judgement.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #950: Aug 01, 2016 03:00:31 pm
      We can't prove anything now. But if this is true, I think we have a more serious problem.

How did our statistics and analysis team screen out such a dumb footballer. Past statistics would have justified this recruitment surely. So how did we end with this quality if he's really that dumb in the first place?

If you are solely judging Alberto by his impersonation of Kammy then it's you who could be judged as the Dumb one,

Go figure?

YNWA
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #951: Aug 02, 2016 02:34:23 am
      If you are solely judging Alberto by his impersonation of Kammy then it's you who could be judged as the Dumb one,

Go figure?

YNWA

Why get personal? I've concluded nothing on him. Besides, even if I've concluded anything, I can't exactly prove it. So who am I to judge? I shall leave these complicated tasks to experts like you who are more worthy to do so.

Anyway it's about performance and results, not impersonation.
      Liverdublian
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #952: Aug 14, 2016 04:52:30 pm
      I was on a certain other lfc forum where I commented on a Jonas Hector LB post and i said that we needed to jump on a deal for someone like jonas hector but I was shot down by the mods and a few other members. After today we desperately need a moreno replacement, as the arsenal game stands we are very lucky he didn't cost us ANOTHER result....I like his attitude but he is not defensive enough for his position and not skilled enough to be a winger. His is OK for back up but we need a proper lb
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #953: Aug 14, 2016 04:56:46 pm
      I was on a certain other lfc forum where I commented on a Jonas Hector LB post and i said that we needed to jump on a deal for someone like jonas hector but I was shot down by the mods and a few other members. After today we desperately need a moreno replacement, as the arsenal game stands we are very lucky he didn't cost us ANOTHER result....I like his attitude but he is not defensive enough for his position and not skilled enough to be a winger. His is OK for back up but we need a proper lb

If you're perhaps playing three at the back he's a tidy little wing back but we cannot be playing him as a left back in games like this I don't know what more it can take for Kloppto see it
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #954: Aug 14, 2016 07:17:10 pm
      Settled down in the second half, but that first half was a shocker. Can try training and developing him, but he will always be a brainless dickhead.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,564 posts | 729 
      Reply #955: Aug 14, 2016 07:22:08 pm
      Moreno had a really good tackle in the first half. But he made a mistake for the penalty.

I think we create our own problems when we play coutinho on the left. We have no real width and ask Moreno to support the attack, AND get back all at the same time.

This was a problem for Walcotts first goal, which he will get the blame for but he was doing what i suspect he is being asked to do.

Coutinho started cutting inside (like he always does) and Alberto started bombing down the left, then the ball got intercepted and he had to try to get back.

He was better in the second half tho.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #956: Aug 14, 2016 07:26:11 pm
      Today might be a bit of a blessing, it's clear Jürgen likes our hapless Spaniard but perhaps today will spur him on to find a bonfire left back before the window closes? We simply need a left footed Clyne, a solid 7/10 full back who is decent defensively and can offer a little bit of quality going forwards
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #957: Aug 14, 2016 08:56:40 pm
      Slight improvement in the second half ,but,please come on now he is  bloody useless and our left back position is becoming a big F***ing glaring hole of  disaster waiting to happen.
      Personally think Klopp is awaiting any money of Benteke/ballotelli to fund a plunge into the market for a decent L/B.we shall see but for me Alberto is willing but sadly unable.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #958: Aug 14, 2016 09:21:40 pm
      Moreno had a really good tackle in the first half. But he made a mistake for the penalty.

I think we create our own problems when we play coutinho on the left. We have no real width and ask Moreno to support the attack, AND get back all at the same time.

This was a problem for Walcotts first goal, which he will get the blame for but he was doing what i suspect he is being asked to do.

Coutinho started cutting inside (like he always does) and Alberto started bombing down the left, then the ball got intercepted and he had to try to get back.

He was better in the second half tho.

The things that are asked of him are the things that are asked of Clyne too, yet Clyne doesn't seem to be incapable of having any positional awareness. It's basically like having a faster, left footed and more reckless Glen Johnson.

If we were facing a left back like Moreno then I'd love it because he gets ripped to pieces and you know you are in with a good chance of getting a free kick in a good position or a penalty.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,027 posts | 529 
      Reply #959: Aug 14, 2016 09:25:53 pm
      The things that are asked of him are the things that are asked of Clyne too, yet Clyne doesn't seem to be incapable of having any positional awareness. It's basically like having a faster, left footed and more reckless Glen Johnson.

If we were facing a left back like Moreno then I'd love it because he gets ripped to pieces and you know you are in with a good chance of getting a free kick in a good position or a penalty.
      Johnson had some issues, but that is harsh equating him with Moreno.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #960: Aug 14, 2016 09:28:14 pm
      Johnson had some issues, but that is harsh equating him with Moreno.

Both completely inept when it comes to defending.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,027 posts | 529 
      Reply #961: Aug 14, 2016 09:43:13 pm
      Both completely inept when it comes to defending.
      Alberto has proved that Johnson was only partially inept.

Seriously, Johnson was nowhere near as bad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #962: Aug 14, 2016 09:52:59 pm
      Alberto has proved that Johnson was only partially inept.

Seriously, Johnson was nowhere near as bad.

Johnson got worse and worse as time went on, lost count how many times would see him casually jogging back whilst we were hit on a counter attack, we let in a lot of goals through his poor defending and positioning.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #963: Aug 14, 2016 10:24:10 pm
      Not repeating myself anymore but I hope that's proved a point to Klopp or whoever is happy with our left back situation.

Personally i'd buy two and Sell Moreno but surely 1 to challenge him is such an obvious choice.

Everyones laughing at him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #964: Aug 14, 2016 10:39:21 pm
      Johnson got worse and worse as time went on, lost count how many times would see him casually jogging back whilst we were hit on a counter attack, we let in a lot of goals through his poor defending and positioning.

We should never have signed Johnson and for me the signing signalled the end of our status as one of the top 4 sides. And so it proved. The worst thing is that we tolerated him for too long, similar to Skrtel. Both players who played so much in the last 7 years or so both of whom were mid table at best. And our positions in the league showed that. My guess is that the toleration for those two average players stemmed from the fact that both were Rafa signings. The only difference with Moreno is that people are not tolerating this (rightly so), because he's a Brendan signing. Being signed by Rodgers obviously comes with a lot less clout than if you are signed by Rafa.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #965: Aug 14, 2016 10:54:59 pm
      We should never have signed Johnson and for me the signing signalled the end of our status as one of the top 4 sides. And so it proved. The worst thing is that we tolerated him for too long, similar to Skrtel. Both players who played so much in the last 7 years or so both of whom were mid table at best. And our positions in the league showed that. My guess is that the toleration for those two average players stemmed from the fact that both were Rafa signings. The only difference with Moreno is that people are not tolerating this (rightly so), because he's a Brendan signing. Being signed by Rodgers obviously comes with a lot less clout than if you are signed by Rafa.

Johnson was pretty much a shambles, but he was far superior to this guy.

He's definitely got a fly zooming about in his brain has our Alby.

Johnson used to do my head in for being to casual, whereas Alberto is a F***ing lunatic and not a good one.

Quick Reply