Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 176677 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1334: Nov 02, 2017 07:17:26 am
      https://twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/status/925840552729436160

Context has to be given and playing Maribor twice will certainly pad stats, but still he's got to be winning even some of his biggest doubters over now. A few of his crosses last night were absolute peaches, one especially to Mo Salah who missed from about 5 yards out was the cross of the night imo.

Credit where it’s due I thought he had a decent game last night offensively.

Crosses are night and day from last season - would still like to see him put one in with a little more shape and a little less fizz occasionally but fair play to the lad.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1335: Nov 02, 2017 07:48:13 am
      Probably his best performance last night in terms of the quality of his crosses.

Maybe Klopp has had a word with him that a cross is not just twatting the ball as hard as you can across the box.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1336: Nov 02, 2017 08:23:56 am
      Put him in my ff team because he is a points machine, whoever scouted berties identical twin deserves an award, you mean it's the same guy, nah don't believe you
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1337: Nov 02, 2017 12:03:25 pm
      Salah's been our best player this season but you'd have to put Moreno just below him.

I probably said he was total sh*te less than 5 pages back in this thread but so far he has not put a foot wrong and more than happy at his improvement.

I don't think I've seen any of those crazy lunges this season.

He's done so well I'm almost considering giving him a free pass on the first mistake he does eventually make!

To use that overused football cliché  'It's like having a new signing'
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1338: Nov 02, 2017 03:51:36 pm
      Salah's been our best player this season but you'd have to put Moreno just below him.

I probably said he was total sh*te less than 5 pages back in this thread but so far he has not put a foot wrong and more than happy at his improvement.

He's done so well I'm almost considering giving him a free pass on the first mistake he does eventually make!

Now we know why he was held back last season, quite clearly been given extra training. His defensive side of his game has improved tenfold.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1339: Nov 02, 2017 04:02:54 pm
      Now we know why he was held back last season, quite clearly been given extra training. His defensive side of his game has improved tenfold.

Said it at the time HR, when many had him sold and out the door.

Klopp's too canny to get rid of a good footballer (and he is) and would rather work with them and help them.
      Moreno has responded well, and hasn't hit his prime yet.

An excellent footballer who will only get better as a defender.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1340: Nov 02, 2017 04:19:38 pm
      Been a admirer of Alberto from the off, it's good to see his improvement & FairPlay for sitting on the bench most part of last season & working his way back into the 11.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1341: Nov 02, 2017 04:29:09 pm
      Said it at the time HR, when many had him sold and out the door.

Klopp's too canny to get rid of a good footballer (and he is) and would rather work with them and help them.
      Moreno has responded well, and hasn't hit his prime yet.

An excellent footballer who will only get better as a defender.

His only problem now is his positional sense, he still gets caught out of position a little bit too much, that hopefully will come with time, but he's not the only one who has that problem within the current squad.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1342: Nov 02, 2017 04:30:43 pm
      His only problem now is his positional sense, he still gets caught out of position a little bit too much, that hopefully will come with time, but he's not the only one who has that problem within the current squad.

Might be wrong but when we bought him hadn't he only had one season as a LB? The rest of his time was as a left winger. Might just be a case of time as you say
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1343: Nov 02, 2017 06:57:54 pm

Can't help thinking that was Klopp asking him to push up high.

I think with the goals we've conceded, he's now getting both FB's to stay a bit deeper.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1344: Nov 02, 2017 07:57:45 pm
      Might be wrong but when we bought him hadn't he only had one season as a LB? The rest of his time was as a left winger. Might just be a case of time as you say

Played a lot as wing back for Sevlla, hence the onus on him to attack more, that side of his game I've never had a problem with, was always the defensive side, he has got a lot better this season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1345: Nov 02, 2017 08:02:55 pm
      The thing is - and I am a bit biased ;) - I still think Robbo is a better full-back...........but Bertie is doing just fine right now and doesn’t deserve punting.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1346: Nov 03, 2017 12:50:54 pm
      Bertie has been called up to the spain squad along with 4 ex reds luis alberto, iago aspas , pepe reina and suso. Well in lad
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1347: Nov 03, 2017 12:53:36 pm
      Bertie has been called up to the spain squad along with 4 ex reds luis alberto, iago aspas , pepe reina and suso. Well in lad

Yep, good on him.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1348: Nov 03, 2017 05:18:38 pm

I fear the moment he actually does make his first mistake this season. Still far too many people waiting / hoping he will F**k up at some point so they can say he hasn't changed / improved and still is "brainless Bertie".

He, along with Salah and probably Firmino have been our most consistent players so far this season. He has been so reliable at LB so far, love it. His crosses have improved too, always good to see. Shows that he really has been putting in the hard work on the training pitch.

Think you'll find that he is very rarely actually really out of position. The way we play, our full backs will almost always be ahead of the ball when we lose possession in midfield. The fact that he manages to recover the ball so often or at least gets really close to it, is testament to his unbelievable pace.

Very happy for the lad that he has been called up for the Spain squad, he deserves it. Keep it up.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1349: Nov 03, 2017 06:19:15 pm
      First mistake? He's had a few this season already!

Unless you mean a Dejan Lovren level of F***ing up, then yeah he probably hasn't.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1350: Nov 03, 2017 06:54:34 pm
      I fear the moment he actually does make his first mistake this season. Still far too many people waiting / hoping he will f**k up at some point so they can say he hasn't changed / improved and still is "brainless Bertie".

He, along with Salah and probably Firmino have been our most consistent players so far this season. He has been so reliable at LB so far, love it. His crosses have improved too, always good to see. Shows that he really has been putting in the hard work on the training pitch.

Think you'll find that he is very rarely actually really out of position. The way we play, our full backs will almost always be ahead of the ball when we lose possession in midfield. The fact that he manages to recover the ball so often or at least gets really close to it, is testament to his unbelievable pace.

Very happy for the lad that he has been called up for the Spain squad, he deserves it. Keep it up.

Disagree about his positioning mate - it’s still the weakest part of his game.

He sweeps well but otherwise still a lot room for improvement there for me.

That said he’s doing fine and good luck to him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1351: Nov 04, 2017 09:27:35 pm
      He really has turned a corner another top performance.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1352: Nov 04, 2017 09:32:36 pm
      We require him going forward, however, with Ox playing we don't need him to come forward as much and he can focus more on defending. Is this good for him? His strength is going forward and his weakness is defending. U tell me, I dunno haha
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1353: Nov 04, 2017 09:36:58 pm
      Great performance from our little matador.
      To me, he has to be one of Klopps first names on the team sheet
      A Lazarus type of comeback this season. Almost undropable though I am extremely keen at some point to see Robertson given a run of games
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1354: Nov 04, 2017 10:21:51 pm
      Amazing work Bertie.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1355: Nov 05, 2017 12:42:38 am
      Young Moreno has carried himself impeccably, sat on the bench last season, almost sold (I think), no late night twitter rants, head down, took onboard the Boss's instructions & now enjoying the benefits of hard work & determination.

:gt-happyup:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1356: Nov 05, 2017 01:52:05 am
      He’s seemingly played well, but is it just me or has it seemed like he hasn’t had so much defending to really do? Just seems like teams don’t really target him. Or maybe he’s just gotten better at staying out of positions where he used to get into trouble?

Quick Reply