Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 176779 times
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1380: Nov 21, 2017 10:04:35 pm
      I withheld my praise for him for a few months when he was doing well. So I won't be so quick to criticize him after one bad game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1381: Nov 21, 2017 10:07:11 pm
      I've labelled him all types of sh*t but he's actually a footballer now.

My foot is well and truly in my mouth. Well-F***ing-done Alby! Been very, very good so far. I imagine he'd be even better when he gets a new CB to work with, as well.

Shut up you idiot.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1382: Nov 21, 2017 10:08:00 pm
      Shouldn't even still be here, but look forward to him starting against Chelsea.

Apparently no matter how routinely bad you are the only way this manager is willing to get rid of a player is if they turn up late for a meal in pre season.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1383: Nov 21, 2017 10:12:16 pm
      You could almost see it coming to the point where I wondered pre match if Klopp was going to give him the game off.

Tried too hard and became the player he just this week told us he wasn't anymore.

A lot will depend now with how he comes back from this. The advice has got to be to get back to the bare basics. We've got a lot of attacking talent now. His job is too defend first and anything after that is a bonus.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1384: Nov 21, 2017 10:12:21 pm
      I am not gonna dig into him and say he is sh*t as he has proven he is good enough. Has probably had 1-2 (including today) poor games this season and after tonights performance, he has to be dropped for Robertson. Moreno needs to know he can't get away with that sh*t.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1385: Nov 21, 2017 10:15:04 pm
      In a good place is Alberto and fully deserved.

In a bad place is Alberto ;D

Forgot what team he was playing for..

2 great assist..
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #1386: Nov 21, 2017 10:16:04 pm
      I am not gonna dig into him and say he is sh*t as he has proven he is good enough. Has probably had 1-2 (including today) poor games this season and after tonights performance, he has to be dropped for Robertson. Moreno needs to know he can't get away with that sh*t.

Not to be a dick but, are you serious?

He's played 10 or so games at the minimum acceptable level I expect of a Liverpool full back. He's been at the club for years now and he's been playing at that acceptable level for not even half of those games.

How on earth has he shown he is good enough?

Is that bar really that low now?

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1387: Nov 21, 2017 10:17:48 pm
      In a bad place is Alberto ;D

Forgot what team he was playing for..

2 great assist..

He’ll be fine Shabs.

When he watches the game back he’ll see it was all Hendo’s fault after all........ :roll: :f_tongueincheek:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1388: Nov 21, 2017 10:28:12 pm
      Not to be a dick but, are you serious?

He's played 10 or so games at the minimum acceptable level I expect of a Liverpool full back. He's been at the club for years now and he's been playing at that acceptable level for not even half of those games.

How on earth has he shown he is good enough?

Is that bar really that low now?

I had no idea he has only played 11 games this season, thought it was more!  I think he has been our most consistent defender, and has proven thus far to be good enough for this season I guess. One poor game doesn't mean we should never play him imo.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1389: Nov 21, 2017 10:30:00 pm
      Ah no lads hes brilliant. Very out of character errors tonight. He is very reliable and wont ever let us down again.

He is a vey intelligent defender who uses his brain and is always rational. World class!
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1390: Nov 21, 2017 10:50:19 pm
      Ah no lads hes brilliant. Very out of character errors tonight. He is very reliable and wont ever let us down again.

He is a vey intelligent defender who uses his brain and is always rational. World class!

You're gloating because one of our own players had his first bad performance of the season.

They're all coming out of their holes now.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1391: Nov 21, 2017 10:54:12 pm
      You're gloating because one of our own players had his first bad performance of the season.

You think? I just read it as a simple bit of gallows style sarcasm.

“Would the condemned man like his last meal now?”

“No I’m good - it’ll make me look fat in the autopsy pictures”
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1392: Nov 21, 2017 11:03:14 pm

Liverpool let me down for €660 when they were 3-0 up. Just a little frustrated at the minute.

But you can defend Moreno until the cows come home. There will be a big game in the future and another after that. And we will lose because he is playing. Believe that! Not just his fault today but it cant be easy playing in a back four with him.

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1393: Nov 21, 2017 11:07:09 pm
      Liverpool let me down for €660 when they were 3-0 up. Just a little frustrated at the minute.

But you can defend Moreno until the cows come home. There will be a big game in the future and another after that. And we will lose because he is playing. Believe that! Not just his fault today but it cant be easy playing in a back four with him.

So which of the big games against Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs and Man City were lost because of Moreno? Or are they not big enough games?

As I said, coming out of the woodwork now as so many have predicted all season.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1394: Nov 21, 2017 11:17:15 pm
      So which of the big games against Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs and Man City were lost because of Moreno? Or are they not big enough games?

As I said, coming out of the woodwork now as so many have predicted all season.

Was he not part of a back four that got hammered by both Spurs and City? Two games NINE goals conceded. We have been sh*t defensively all season. He is part of that defense.

If you think he is good enough to start week in week out for a top club then you suffer from delusion and I feel sorry for you!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1395: Nov 21, 2017 11:32:42 pm
      This will be a test now.

Does he bounce back or show that he's not mentally strong enough for top flight.

I hope he's made enough progress this year to realise he can come back from a bad game.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1396: Nov 21, 2017 11:42:24 pm
      So are we officially calling this a relapse?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1397: Nov 22, 2017 12:13:46 am
      So are we officially calling this a relapse?

I'm officially hoping he gets a very very long term injury which forces Klopp to play anybody other than fuckwit Moreno. Can it really be a coincidence that 2 of his worst games were against Sevilla?
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #1398: Nov 22, 2017 12:25:39 am
      F**k me. He isn't half sh*te.

Surely it must be embarrassing being a left back getting substituted for a midfielder because they're actually a better defender than you.

The worst thing is that it's not even surprising no more. Can't ever remember a defender of ours being substituted or overlooked for a midfielder playing out of position as consistently as he has been over the past 12 - 18 months. Or ever, in fact.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1399: Nov 22, 2017 12:38:31 am
      If you have refused to acknowledge any improvement in his game this season and are now only posting on this player thread for the first time in months I think it's pretty low to be honest.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #1400: Nov 22, 2017 12:49:52 am
      Pen was neither here nor there. Not like he tried to scissor kick him in the throat. He's definitely given away a worse pen than that.

Gave away a soft free kick. Shouldn't have got himself a card.

Doesn't deserve hanging out to dry just yet.   (Never did I think I'd be trying to be rational about him btw)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1401: Nov 22, 2017 03:31:00 am
      Agree shouldn't be hung and quartered.

Penalty was soft and Mane deserved a bollocking for being so lazy with his man in the lead up to the free kick.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1402: Nov 22, 2017 04:24:03 am
      Agree shouldn't be hung and quartered.

Penalty was soft and Mane deserved a bollocking for being so lazy with his man in the lead up to the free kick.

Gave away a ridiculous free kick for pushing in a very dangerous area then allowed player to easily beat him to the resulting kick and score.
      Miscontrols the ball then trips the player, running away from goal, in the box,resulting in goal number 2.
      But yes let's not hang him out to dry, it's not Moron's fault he's fu**ed us twice against his former club is it? 

Quick Reply