Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 176670 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1518: Apr 30, 2018 07:08:12 am
      If that's what you think, fair enough but he's not the requirement we need at this Club going forward.

Don't worry Aussie, we're been here for many years and both know that we can voice our opinion. If he is a back-up and do not cause any issues, I would be happy to have him as a fringe player.

He makes one or two good passes but he’s mostly a headless chicken. Not good enough.

I honestly, think that with teams sitting back, he is a good player because his defensive aspects hasn't improved. Obviously, I prefer Robertson but we cannot forget that he played half a season greatly, the only poor game was Seville away.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1519: Apr 30, 2018 10:16:13 am
      Don't worry Aussie, we're been here for many years and both know that we can voice our opinion. If he is a back-up and do not cause any issues, I would be happy to have him as a fringe player.
      I honestly, think that with teams sitting back, he is a good player because his defensive aspects hasn't improved. Obviously, I prefer Robertson but we cannot forget that he played half a season greatly, the only poor game was Seville away.

I'm not worried bud but did you notice I didn't use any swear words.  :D
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1520: Apr 30, 2018 11:17:44 am
      I'm not worried bud but did you notice I didn't use any swear words.  :D

:lmao:  :f_tongueincheek:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1521: Sep 26, 2018 09:55:48 pm
      w*nk.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #1522: Sep 26, 2018 10:15:41 pm
      At least that's his one game out the way, doesn't really warrant a place on the bench.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1523: Sep 26, 2018 10:29:04 pm
      The way he's basically giving his back to Hazard and looking at him over his shoulder and giving away that inside path for free makes me want to smash my screen.

Then he basically turns and proceeds to run in a straight line with his hands in the air.

Thoroughly incomprehensible.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #1524: Sep 26, 2018 10:54:09 pm
      what kind of defender does what he did on Hazards's goal? he just let him pass by in our own box  ???
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1525: Sep 26, 2018 11:50:52 pm
      He one worse players l ever see play for our club,
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1526: Sep 26, 2018 11:53:48 pm
      Have high hopes for adam lewis do albie could be in trouble
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1527: Sep 27, 2018 01:10:24 am
      Give it up kiddo.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1528: Sep 27, 2018 01:16:05 pm
      sh*te last night as was Clyne. Both back up full backs need replacing. Not good enough.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1529: Sep 27, 2018 02:25:18 pm
      The lad had a proper Moreno last night.

He really should have been shipped out in the summer. As crazy as it sounds I think the player we can least afford to lose to injury this season is Andy Robertson. At least in other areas we have players that can step in and do the job should there be an injury.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1530: Sep 27, 2018 03:23:34 pm
      sh*te last night as was Clyne. Both back up full backs need replacing. Not good enough.

I disagree for Clyne. He played well.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1531: Sep 27, 2018 03:34:24 pm

Clyne had his typical Clyne game. Solid defensively but does not offer much going forward. If he's willing to stay as backup i think he's a very good option to have.

Other than Moreno i don't think anyone had a bad game yesterday, just that because we lost obviously to some people it means the players suck.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #1532: Sep 27, 2018 03:43:27 pm
      Clyne had his typical Clyne game. Solid defensively but does not offer much going forward. If he's willing to stay as backup i think he's a very good option to have.

Other than Moreno i don't think anyone had a bad game yesterday, just that because we lost obviously to some people it means the players suck.

Clyne has his limitation good forward, yes but defensively he was good, very good.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1533: Sep 27, 2018 03:53:00 pm
      Clyne has his limitation good forward, yes but defensively he was good, very good.

Listening to TAW today and the lads on there summed up Clyne perfectly. Clyne is a solid 7/10 player, the problem is his 7/10 is Trent's 5/10. Clyne is ok as a back up, I've no problem with that, but he has no place in the first team. As for Albert, I never want to see him play for this club ever again. He needs to f**k off and do his Kung Fu fighting somewhere else. It does show how far we've come in 18 months though, but last night exposed the gulf in quality between our first eleven and our fringe players, specifically those at the back.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1534: Sep 27, 2018 04:36:53 pm

He did, the problem was a big strength of this team is the thrust from the fullbacks and clyne as good as he is doesn't offer as much as trent
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1535: Sep 27, 2018 04:47:23 pm
      He did, the problem was a big strength of this team is the thrust from the fullbacks and clyne as good as he is doesn't offer as much as trent

Aye he has never been an attacking fullback in which case you could expect a bit more from the other side with 3 covering the backline unfortunately Moreno who is supposed to be a winger is completely useless at both attacking and defending.

Clyne is a able deputy and even for when we need to close out a game, same cant be said for Moreno.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1536: Sep 27, 2018 04:54:37 pm
      Listening to TAW today and the lads on there summed up Clyne perfectly. Clyne is a solid 7/10 player, the problem is his 7/10 is Trent's 5/10. Clyne is ok as a back up, I've no problem with that, but he has no place in the first team. As for Albert, I never want to see him play for this club ever again. He needs to f**k off and do his Kung Fu fighting somewhere else. It does show how far we've come in 18 months though, but last night exposed the gulf in quality between our first eleven and our fringe players, specifically those at the back.

There isn't a huge difference. Yes, there is a reason why the first XI are the first XI,  but they also benefit from playing every game which allows them to get into a rhythm and create / develop / improve chemistry with the rest of the players on the field. That's not something the backups get to have but people expect perfection and are waiting for something to happen so they can criticize the player of choice.

When's the last time Migs started a game? January? how about Clyne? or Lovren-Matip as a CB partnership? I believe this was Matips 2nd start this season and Lovren's first. Yet the expectations are they need to play like they've played every game all season long. They can train all they can, but it is not equal to a game.

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1537: Sep 27, 2018 08:31:27 pm
      There isn't a huge difference. Yes, there is a reason why the first XI are the first XI,  but they also benefit from playing every game which allows them to get into a rhythm and create / develop / improve chemistry with the rest of the players on the field. That's not something the backups get to have but people expect perfection and are waiting for something to happen so they can criticize the player of choice.

When's the last time Migs started a game? January? how about Clyne? or Lovren-Matip as a CB partnership? I believe this was Matips 2nd start this season and Lovren's first. Yet the expectations are they need to play like they've played every game all season long. They can train all they can, but it is not equal to a game.

Good post fella I agree. Some of these players still have plenty to offer. There is a big difference between throwing them all in a game together like last night and asking one of them to plug a gap in the first team. As for Clyne, if he had a run of 5-6 games I have no doubt his game would improve. He’s not really had a consistent run since returning from a season long injury. He is a solid player, I agree he is limited as an attacking player but a solid backup none the less and he will play given that Gomez has found a home at CB.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1538: Sep 27, 2018 08:57:36 pm
      What was point playing him last nite, we all know he sh*t one worse players play for our club, learn more playing lewis or Jones last nite, younger players be give chance was disgrace in my view
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #1539: Sep 27, 2018 10:14:40 pm
      if robertson gets injured we're fooked. New LB in jan please
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1540: Sep 27, 2018 11:18:01 pm
      if robertson gets injured we're fooked. New LB in jan please

Don't worry, apparently, Adam Lewis has started to train with the first team today :)

Quick Reply