Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 176768 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1541: Sep 28, 2018 03:02:07 am
      What was point playing him last nite, we all know he sh*t one worse players play for our club, learn more playing lewis or Jones last nite, younger players be give chance was disgrace in my view

Klopp play him just because he is still at the club.  For some player their existence can do harm to the team.  Why? Because their existence obstruct the club to get in better player.  Only god know why they are still at the club or why Klopp still keep them for this long.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1542: Oct 15, 2018 12:33:58 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,955 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1543: Oct 15, 2018 02:15:42 pm
      Time for the inevitable "See ya la!"
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1544: Oct 15, 2018 03:05:19 pm
      Nice lad who is not good enough.

From following the lads on social media, he will be missed. Seems to have good banter with a lot of the lads.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1545: Oct 15, 2018 04:33:22 pm
      Would have liked to see him have a chance as as a backup in a more forward role, he never seemed like a defender to me... Good at attacking and bad at defending. Bale was an awful full back as well.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1546: Oct 15, 2018 05:52:46 pm
      Would have liked to see him have a chance as as a backup in a more forward role, he never seemed like a defender to me... Good at attacking and bad at defending. Bale was an awful full back as well.

Doesn’t have the touch Ribs.

One of his biggest problems was his poor first touch - the amount of times he’d take a heavy one and dive into a challenge to recover......
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1547: Oct 15, 2018 06:04:29 pm
      Plenty of talent, no brain.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1548: Oct 15, 2018 06:20:05 pm

He's far from good at attacking, but he is better at that than defending.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #1549: Oct 15, 2018 07:05:28 pm
      Doesn’t have the touch Ribs.

One of his biggest problems was his poor first touch - the amount of times he’d take a heavy one and dive into a challenge to recover......

Second touch was normally a tackle
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1550: Oct 15, 2018 10:49:36 pm
      He's leaving for good in the Summer.

Let us all rejoice.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1551: Oct 16, 2018 10:28:48 pm

Bit of a misconception that he’s good at attacking. IMO, he’s like Glen Johnson; their defending is that bad it just makes their attacking look better than it is because it’s a stronger area of their game.

Would you see Moreno making the runs and putting in crosses that puts the ball on a plate for our attackers like Robbo does? No, you’d see Moreno running like a headless chicken and ballooning the ball into the crowd, which is what we’ve seen many times. He doesn’t have the attributes to be a useful attacker, he’s a mid table, weaker league calibre player and that’s it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1552: Oct 16, 2018 11:18:03 pm
      He is a headless chicken he has speed but no control and very little between the ears.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #1553: Oct 28, 2018 01:58:58 am
      New LB in Jan pls ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1554: Oct 29, 2018 06:38:34 am
      Concede a goal for the first time in 8 months at home and who is to blame. None other then Calamity Moreno.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1555: Oct 29, 2018 07:54:49 am
      Concede a goal for the first time in 8 months at home and who is to blame. None other then Calamity Moreno.

I was critical in the match thread early on about him and a few people started to say about how Robbo can’t play every game etc. Yet what happens, Moreno goes missing from his position and they score. Even an exhausted Robbo would be better than playing this clown. He’s f***ing useless and it was obvious we were going to concede with him playing, straight away they were targeting him, looking to get in behind him. From the kick off they played a ball out wide towards Moreno, looking to get in behind him and he completely misjudged it and as a result missed the header completely.

Like Migs, I don’t care if he goes on a free, just so long as he goes.
      Play Milly there, play Gomez there, play TAA there or even play Clyne there, so many better options of wanting to give Robbo a rest.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1556: Oct 29, 2018 08:03:01 am
      I was critical in the match thread early on about him and a few people started to say about how Robbo can’t play every game etc. Yet what happens, Moreno goes missing from his position and they score. Even an exhausted Robbo would be better than playing this clown. He’s f***ing useless and it was obvious we were going to concede with him playing, straight away they were targeting him, looking to get in behind him. From the kick off they played a ball out wide towards Moreno, looking to get in behind him and he completely misjudged it and as a result missed the header completely.

Like Migs, I don’t care if he goes on a free, just so long as he goes.
      Play Milly there, play Gomez there, play TAA there or even play Clyne there, so many better options of wanting to give Robbo a rest.

Agree 100% mate. Hope Real or Barca really come calling for him and pay us 50 Billion Pounds for his services. That or a peanut, whichever they can afford.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1557: Oct 29, 2018 01:10:06 pm

Been a liability for years - the number of costly error's he's made is depressing. Not only was he out of position for that goal, he gave the throw in away with the most casual brain fart I've ever seen. Don't like getting on players' back too much, but I'm making an exception for him. Get rid in Jan.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1558: Oct 29, 2018 01:14:45 pm
      Didn't think he was that bad to be honest, could have doneca bit better for the goal but an unfortunate deflection to an offside player was the main factor in the goal
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1559: Oct 29, 2018 01:16:02 pm
      It was a combination of errors, involving at least 3 players.

Milner (I think) it was who along with Moreno didn't track the runner.
      Moreno had stayed with his man, who he had followed out, then Milner didn't track the runner.
      The VVD couldn't clear it, then a touch put it past Allison because he couldn't adjust after VVD's touch.

But carry on with the witch hunt.
      It's not like it's a team game or anything.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1560: Oct 29, 2018 01:45:45 pm
      It was a combination of errors, involving at least 3 players.

Milner (I think) it was who along with Moreno didn't track the runner.
      Moreno had stayed with his man, who he had followed out, then Milner didn't track the runner.
      The VVD couldn't clear it, then a touch put it past Allison because he couldn't adjust after VVD's touch.

But carry on with the witch hunt.
      It's not like it's a team game or anything.

It wasn’t a good goal to lose but to put on Bertie’s shoulders is unfair I would agree.

I’ve seen it happen to Robbo & VVD on that side a couple of times this season.

In our system communication between midfield and the high fb and the fb and cb is essential.

Lessons for all.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1561: Oct 29, 2018 01:59:46 pm
      It's ridiculous that Moreno is the only one blamed for the goal when a few players were all in on it. Some of the posts in this thread blaming solely him for the goal are nothing short of embarrassing.

As Swab said, Milner did not track back, Van Dijk could have done better with his touch and lastly Alisson needed to wake from his nap and not just stand there with legs wide open for an easy redirect. So 4 players failed but only Moreno gets singled out  :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1562: Oct 29, 2018 02:03:35 pm
      It wasn’t a good goal to lose but to put on Bertie’s shoulders is unfair I would agree.

I’ve seen it happen to Robbo & VVD on that side a couple of times this season.

In our system communication between midfield and the high fb and the fb and cb is essential.

Lessons for all.

Yep.
      I'm not a fan of Moreno as a defender, but to blame him alone is a bit much.

Then again, I find blaming a single player for a goal is usually a bit off.
      Yes, it's sometimes down to one individual error, but more often it's a kind of cascade of errors that start up the pitch, and then become more glaring as the opposition exploits the mistake.
      In other words, it's more often a team error than an individual one, just the same as goals are more often team efforts than individual brilliance.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1563: Oct 29, 2018 02:52:17 pm
      Didn't think he was that bad to be honest, could have doneca bit better for the goal but an unfortunate deflection to an offside player was the main factor in the goal

Precisely and to pick the bones out of a 4-1 victory is a trifle uncharitable.

Quick Reply