Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 176715 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1564: Oct 29, 2018 04:18:55 pm
      I was critical in the match thread early on about him and a few people started to say about how Robbo can’t play every game etc. Yet what happens, Moreno goes missing from his position and they score. Even an exhausted Robbo would be better than playing this clown. He’s f***ing useless and it was obvious we were going to concede with him playing, straight away they were targeting him, looking to get in behind him. From the kick off they played a ball out wide towards Moreno, looking to get in behind him and he completely misjudged it and as a result missed the header completely.

Like Migs, I don’t care if he goes on a free, just so long as he goes.
      Play Milly there, play Gomez there, play TAA there or even play Clyne there, so many better options of wanting to give Robbo a rest.

Sorry but to point the finger purely at Moreno for the go just seems like victimised

Moreno was high just like all the full backs and a player got in behind - that player should have been tracked by Milner I think it was , then when the ball came in VVD got himself messed up with his feet and deflected the ball - and then Lovren let his man go. The same sort of thing has happened with Robbo playing there and VVD has been caught out by that ball before.

But seems it’s easier just to point the finger of blame at Moreno - the goal wasn’t solely his fault , and Moreno actually had a decent game , nothing outstanding but ok and allowed Robbo a well earned rest , and it’s going to happen again
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1565: Oct 29, 2018 04:24:16 pm
      Win 4-1, and all some people seem to gain pleasure in is sticking the knife in one of our players who was partly to blame for a goal, and not even most at blame.

YNWA indeed.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1566: Oct 30, 2018 01:04:52 am
      Sorry but to point the finger purely at Moreno for the go just seems like victimised

Moreno was high just like all the full backs and a player got in behind - that player should have been tracked by Milner I think it was , then when the ball came in VVD got himself messed up with his feet and deflected the ball - and then Lovren let his man go. The same sort of thing has happened with Robbo playing there and VVD has been caught out by that ball before.

But seems it’s easier just to point the finger of blame at Moreno - the goal wasn’t solely his fault , and Moreno actually had a decent game , nothing outstanding but ok and allowed Robbo a well earned rest , and it’s going to happen again

Actually what you will find I said is that he was out of position. I didn’t comment on any others, I was commenting on his role in the goal we conceded. There’s a difference.

I’ve been critical of VVD this season after a poor game in his player thread, I’ve been critical of Mane in his player thread, and others when justified. No victimising at all but feel free to stay sat up on that high horse with the others who feel it’s finger pointing or whatever else.

Couldn’t care less if people feel it’s pointing the finger at him alone, looking to pick holes in a 4-1 win. But that’s exactly it, 4-1, they scored despite us being so dominant so there are things that can obviously be worked on. Unless it was a perfect performance of course, to which I wholeheartedly apologise.
      « Last Edit: Oct 30, 2018 01:10:43 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #1567: Oct 30, 2018 01:17:19 pm
      Had 4-0 in the predictions too, a poor goal to concede.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1568: Oct 30, 2018 01:46:34 pm
      It was really just an unlucky goal to concede, combination of factors but Moreno was certainly not the only one at fault. I would however point out that the majority of our attacks came from the right hand side during that match so he didn't really impress to much in an attacking sense either. I really would prefer to see Clyne or Milner substitute for Robertson until we can buy another quality LB.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1569: Oct 30, 2018 02:09:40 pm
      I thought he had a decent performance though he is still the same headless chicken running up and down the left hand side frantically.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1570: Oct 30, 2018 02:51:16 pm
      Actually what you will find I said is that he was out of position. I didn’t comment on any others, I was commenting on his role in the goal we conceded. There’s a difference.

I’ve been critical of VVD this season after a poor game in his player thread, I’ve been critical of Mane in his player thread, and others when justified. No victimising at all but feel free to stay sat up on that high horse with the others who feel it’s finger pointing or whatever else.

Couldn’t care less if people feel it’s pointing the finger at him alone, looking to pick holes in a 4-1 win. But that’s exactly it, 4-1, they scored despite us being so dominant so there are things that can obviously be worked on. Unless it was a perfect performance of course, to which I wholeheartedly apologise.

I wasn’t having a pop at you fella I just didn’t think he was worthy of singling our at the goal (personally)......it was poor all round and not first time this season.

I think it was you that pointed out his mad start to the game - he came flying through the air miles under the flight of the ball like he’d been shout out a catapult........

That was funny.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1571: Oct 30, 2018 11:42:42 pm
      I wasn’t having a pop at you fella I just didn’t think he was worthy of singling our at the goal (personally)......it was poor all round and not first time this season.

He was at fault mate, he was out of position at the throw in(should have been sitting on the lads heels), then as he gets there he leaves the man he was marking to press the next and a simple ball has us turned and they’re in. No doubt there was a bit if luck about the finish with the slight deflection and it should also have blown off side but Moreno was at fault. It hasn’t had much of a mention coz we won the game comfortably in the end but it was classic Moreno defending. Funny thing is he had a pretty solid game up until that point but he reverted to type. He is a liability and it still amazes me that Klopp for all the good decisions he has made and the progress we are making still can’t see it.

Least Robbo has grabbed some R & R time and should be raring to go for the weekend.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1572: Oct 31, 2018 04:55:43 am
      He was at fault mate, he was out of position at the throw in(should have been sitting on the lads heels), then as he gets there he leaves the man he was marking to press the next and a simple ball has us turned and they’re in. No doubt there was a bit if luck about the finish with the slight deflection and it should also have blown off side but Moreno was at fault. It hasn’t had much of a mention coz we won the game comfortably in the end but it was classic Moreno defending. Funny thing is he had a pretty solid game up until that point but he reverted to type. He is a liability and it still amazes me that Klopp for all the good decisions he has made and the progress we are making still can’t see it.

Least Robbo has grabbed some R & R time and should be raring to go for the weekend.

Agreed mate, IMHO if Robbo was playing, I'm more then sure we would have kept a clean sheet.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1573: Oct 31, 2018 06:45:53 am

Agreed mate, IMHO if Robbo was playing, I'm more then sure we would have kept a clean sheet.

Lads - you both probably know I’m a huge Robbo fan but I really don’t agree there.

That little corridor is an issue for him and Virgil as well - it’s happened a few times this season (as it does on the right too).

Not saying Bertie couldn’t have done more but I don’t see that one as him.

Genuinely - that’s a collective fail to me. The fb is high, mid isn’t tracking and VVD is too far passive.

Something I’ve no doubt they’ll be working on on the training ground.........

That we need a better reserve lb is not in question ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1574: Nov 01, 2018 09:46:16 am
      Well hopefully Adam Lewis(?) will be the next breakthrough player like TAA and then we can never worry about Moreno again.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1575: Nov 23, 2018 12:59:48 pm
      Don’t wanna worry anybody......but the boss very specifically called out that Robbo had only just got back after internationals (intense games / different coaching / positions)..........

Could Bertie get another game........? Mind the gap🙈
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1576: Nov 23, 2018 01:14:08 pm
      Don’t wanna worry anybody......but the boss very specifically called out that Robbo had only just got back after internationals (intense games / different coaching / positions)..........

Could Bertie get another game........? Mind the gap🙈

Looking forward to bertie v mbappe next week
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1577: Nov 23, 2018 01:14:43 pm
      Looking forward to bertie v mbappe next week

Would that even be legal mate?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1578: Nov 23, 2018 01:36:31 pm
      Would that even be legal mate?

As long as bertie takes mbappe out of his pocket at the end
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1579: Nov 23, 2018 01:37:42 pm
      As long as bertie takes mbappe out of his pocket at the end

I feel a bit sick now tbh.......
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1580: Nov 24, 2018 12:33:02 pm
      Is M'Bappe gonna be fully fit more like!!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1581: Nov 24, 2018 01:23:17 pm
      Is M'Bappe gonna be fully fit more like!!

If he thinks hes up against Bertie theres no way he will be.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1582: Nov 24, 2018 01:24:45 pm
      No chance of Barca signing him now after Edwards inserted the £80 million+ clause, Or was it Edwards intention to sell Moreno to Barca for £80 million 😎
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1583: Nov 24, 2018 06:34:49 pm
      No chance of Barca signing him now after Edwards inserted the £80 million+ clause, Or was it Edwards intention to sell Moreno to Barca for £80 million 😎

Except he’s going to be out of contract so they are free to sign him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1584: Dec 05, 2018 10:02:25 pm
      He had a couple of 'Moreno' moments in that match but on the whole he did the job today so fair play Albert.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1585: Dec 27, 2018 02:39:58 pm
      Poor Alberto doesn't like how Klopp treats him.

Can you not take the hint you are a Rodgers era rubbish signing and F**k off back to Spain like a good lad.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1586: Dec 27, 2018 02:49:48 pm
      “I do not feel good, that is the truth,”

“I hurt myself giving everything for this team and I think that when I came back from injury, I deserved an opportunity.

“The situation is normal for a lot of players but simply I did not like the way he (Jürgen Klopp) has treated me, you can say that.

“Moving back to Spain is something I have thought about, I am tired of the cold here but I do not know about interests from other clubs.

“I am in my fifth year here, there is no agreement on a renewal and in January I am free to listen to any offer.”

https://www.football-espana.net/76109/liverpools-alberto-moreno-Jürgen-klopp-has-not-treated-me-well

Quick Reply