Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 176783 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1587: Dec 27, 2018 02:57:00 pm
      ā€œI do not feel good, that is the truth,ā€

ā€œI hurt myself giving everything for this team and I think that when I came back from injury, I deserved an opportunity.

ā€œThe situation is normal for a lot of players but simply I did not like the way he (JĆ¼rgen Klopp) has treated me, you can say that.

ā€œMoving back to Spain is something I have thought about, I am tired of the cold here but I do not know about interests from other clubs.

ā€œI am in my fifth year here, there is no agreement on a renewal and in January I am free to listen to any offer.ā€

https://www.football-espana.net/76109/liverpools-alberto-moreno-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-has-not-treated-me-well

Maybe lost in translation..?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1588: Dec 27, 2018 03:04:27 pm

I certainly hope so, will be interesting to see the full transcript!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1589: Dec 27, 2018 03:22:52 pm

That or he's a whiney little bi*ch.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1590: Dec 27, 2018 03:24:47 pm
      Nothing lost in translation id say.

Not good enough and people shouldnt let our joy  at being top blind them to that fact. The boy cant defend.

In his defence how someone thought he was a full back rafher then a left mid I dont know.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1591: Dec 27, 2018 03:32:53 pm
      ā€œI do not feel good, that is the truth,ā€

ā€œI hurt myself giving everything for this team and I think that when I came back from injury, I deserved an opportunity.

ā€œThe situation is normal for a lot of players but simply I did not like the way he (JĆ¼rgen Klopp) has treated me, you can say that.

ā€œMoving back to Spain is something I have thought about, I am tired of the cold here but I do not know about interests from other clubs.

ā€œI am in my fifth year here, there is no agreement on a renewal and in January I am free to listen to any offer.ā€

https://www.football-espana.net/76109/liverpools-alberto-moreno-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-has-not-treated-me-well

Am willing to chip into a fund to buy him a ticket back...
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1592: Dec 27, 2018 04:02:40 pm
      Just before this blows up with the usual Albie haters on here, this is the actual translation before a click-bait hack site got hold of it:

"The relationship with Klopp. "I don't feel good, to tell you the truth. I injured myself while giving everything for the team, I think that, when I came back, I deserved a chance. I don't like the way Klopp handled it, but it's up to the coach to decide.

I keep on training to be at 100% when the opportunity arises. Since I've injured myself, I've spoken with him, but not a one on one about this topic. The situation is normal but it's just that the way he treated me, I didn't like it.

I understand his position as well, if a player is doing well, and the team is doing well, you will think about how to change it"

Seems fair. It's a very literal translation, essentially he didn't like the decision but he's still training hard and waiting for his chance which he accepts he may have to keep waiting for.

He's entitled to his opinion after all, and it's balanced. He'll be gone in the summer anyway.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2018 04:08:57 pm by LFC-LCFC »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1593: Dec 27, 2018 04:16:08 pm

Which would be kinda apropos given Bertieā€™s penchant for getting ā€œlost in transitionā€ 😉
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1594: Dec 27, 2018 04:32:08 pm
      Albie haters?

Is that people who see hes regularly caught out of position and is a safe bet for 1 rash tackle per game?
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #1595: Dec 27, 2018 04:32:50 pm
      He ain't good enough is why Klopp isn't playing him, when he plays you know there's a F**k up coming, should be no where near the defence, might be a nice enough guy but as a footballer he's no where near the quality we need, even as back up.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1596: Dec 27, 2018 04:42:23 pm
      Having Robertson just confirmed what standard we need at left back. The ability between the two players is night and day - which is obviously bad for Moreno
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #1597: Dec 27, 2018 04:44:38 pm
      Since I've injured myself, I've spoken with him, but not a one on one about this topic.

Why not talk about it with him?

Klopp: Alberto I'll go with the hot hand Robbo, you know the business, but I respect you and therefore give you my honest stand, Robbo is just a bit better, that's my opinion right now, because 1., 2., 3.; don't let it bring you down, keep working, first you know how it is, look at Clyne and TAA, the latter used the opportunity while the first was injured and kept the job, second we are a team and everyone needs pushing, in any venture there will be always guys that are in the 2nd row, they do not shine, but they are important as well...so keep working hard, at least then you cannot blame yourself while we cannot blame you to waste your paycheck.

I think such a short talk would do wonders. The way Moreno talks is borderline dangerous and disrespectful and if Robbo should get injured I dunno if Alberto would give 110% with his current attitude. But then football became so businesslike, Klopp would probably laugh at my suggestion.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1598: Dec 27, 2018 04:46:26 pm
      Why not talk about it with him?

Klopp: Alberto I'll go with the hot hand Robbo, you know the business, but I respect you and therefore give you my honest stand, Robbo is just a bit better, that's my opinion right now, because 1., 2., 3.; don't let it bring you down, keep working, first you know how it is, look at Clyne and TAA, the latter used the opportunity while the first was injured and kept the job, second we are a team and everyone needs pushing, in any venture there will be always guys that are in the 2nd row, they do not shine, but they are important as well...so keep working hard, at least then you cannot blame yourself while we cannot blame you to waste your paycheck.

I think such a short talk would do wonders. The way Moreno talks is borderline dangerous and disrespectful and if Robbo should get injured I dunno if Alberto would give 110% with his current attitude. But then football became so businesslike, Klopp would probably laugh at my suggestion.

Ha ha your posts crack me up
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1599: Dec 27, 2018 07:40:55 pm
      Yeah because he is clearly the better player between himself and Robbo. What a load of sh*t, you arenā€™t chosen lad because your a disaster waiting to happen.

Why is it we seem to have a coupe of muppet players? Migs last season was moaning about not being 1st choice instead of getting his head down and working his bollocks off and now Moreno. Migs was in the time of our great Champions League run and Moreno is when we are having our best season...something that is partly down to the clown not playing.

Donā€™t worry Moreno, you are free to leave, no one wants you here anyway!

Pretty much sealed his fate for the rest of the season now.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1600: Dec 27, 2018 07:59:49 pm
      Will anyone talk to him in January, may as well take him if you ask me.  Weakest link in the squad.  Not needed.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1601: Dec 27, 2018 08:00:33 pm
      Always be careful with translated quotes. They very rarely mean what theyā€™re translated from. Iā€™d love to see the Spanish transcript and see what a Spanish speaker thinks of his comments.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,484 posts | 3286 
      Reply #1602: Dec 27, 2018 08:06:25 pm
      Seems very out of character and not great timing when he was prob going to play the Cup game but i suspect there has been a bit of media twists
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1603: Dec 27, 2018 08:20:35 pm
      Always be careful with translated quotes. They very rarely mean what theyā€™re translated from. Iā€™d love to see the Spanish transcript and see what a Spanish speaker thinks of his comments.

Seems very out of character and not great timing when he was prob going to play the Cup game but i suspect there has been a bit of media twists

Exactly. But hey, any stick to beat a player with that's generally not liked, is good enough. We've seen it after Lovren's interview where he said he hoped we'd go unbeaten.

Moreno has been a model professional off the pitch ever since Klopp arrived. He didn't make a fuss when he was the second choice to Milner all season and he didn't make one last season when losing his place to Robertson. Why would he suddenly do so now? Yes, he's not good enough to be first choice.

Not sure what people expect him to say when he is being asked the question? "Yes, I'm happy as can be as a professional football player spending my time on the bench after a series of injuries with my best years in front of me."? Nothing wrong with him stating he's not happy with the current situation. I'd be far more concerned if he actually was while collecting his weekly wages.

Perhaps he expected a little more rotation with Robertson, as most of us probably expected?

Seems to me that it has been taken out of context / wrongly translated.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #1604: Dec 27, 2018 08:29:42 pm
      Just finally found out his contract isn't getting renewed in the summer.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1605: Dec 27, 2018 08:32:53 pm
      Heard some posts about him not being that bad.

If he plays all season we're almost definitely not first!

I'm sure Klopp would love to rotate Robbo but doesn't rate Moreno enough to risk it.

I was in the same thought against Newcastle but it's a real risk to play him.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2018 08:41:42 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1606: Dec 27, 2018 08:34:53 pm
      Can't see the problem here. Simply Liverpool have moved on and he's not good enough.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1607: Dec 27, 2018 09:46:08 pm
      Exactly. But hey, any stick to beat a player with that's generally not liked, is good enough. We've seen it after Lovren's interview where he said he hoped we'd go unbeaten.

Moreno has been a model professional off the pitch ever since Klopp arrived. He didn't make a fuss when he was the second choice to Milner all season and he didn't make one last season when losing his place to Robertson. Why would he suddenly do so now? Yes, he's not good enough to be first choice.

Not sure what people expect him to say when he is being asked the question? "Yes, I'm happy as can be as a professional football player spending my time on the bench after a series of injuries with my best years in front of me."? Nothing wrong with him stating he's not happy with the current situation. I'd be far more concerned if he actually was while collecting his weekly wages.

Perhaps he expected a little more rotation with Robertson, as most of us probably expected?

Seems to me that it has been taken out of context / wrongly translated.

Guilty - I made a cheap pun earlier.....but it was in jest.

In truth none of us who arenā€™t competent Spanish speakers know if heā€™s been misquoted.

It does however seem out of character.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1608: Dec 27, 2018 09:59:01 pm
      Albie haters?

Is that people who see hes regularly caught out of position and is a safe bet for 1 rash tackle per game?

People who will actually watch out for any negatives in his performance whilst overlooking the same mistakes others make in the same team.

Also the type of people who verbally shout him sh*t on a match day if he's actually playing. Plenty of those people about and they can all get in the F***ing bin.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1609: Dec 27, 2018 10:08:13 pm
      People who will actually watch out for any negatives in his performance whilst overlooking the same mistakes others make in the same team.

Also the type of people who verbally shout him sh*t on a match day if he's actually playing. Plenty of those people about and they can all get in the f**king bin.

Find most of the time he makes it easy for people watching out for his negatives

Anyway, not good enough but appears to be popular enough amongst the squad

Quick Reply