Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alberto Moreno (Contract Expired)

Read 176699 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Alberto Moreno Player Thread
      Reply #1610: Dec 27, 2018 10:12:35 pm
      Pretty sure Klopp will send him on his way in Jan and we’ll be looking for a LB
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1611: Dec 27, 2018 11:18:56 pm
      Just seen some quotes from Moreno on SSN complaining about how Klopp has treated him “badly”. You will be the only one complaining fella. A January departure could be on the cards me thinks. He is right up there with some of the worst signings the club has ever made for me.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1612: Dec 27, 2018 11:31:04 pm
      Just seen some quotes from Moreno on SSN complaining about how Klopp has treated him “badly”. You will be the only one complaining fella. A January departure could be on the cards me thinks. He is right up there with some of the worst signings the club has ever made for me.

I must believe that his response to the question was perhaps lost in translation
      Personally I have been impressed by his attitude over the years.
      Yes, he has been at times a liability and made some crucial mistakes but I wouldn’t put him in the bracket of some of the worst signings we have ever made.
      He is though incredibly frustrating at times and I agree with the club not offering a new contract.
      Robbo certainly needs some proper competition for the left back role
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1613: Dec 27, 2018 11:32:33 pm

Adam Lewis has been training with the first team. Maybe he will be gradually introduced and hopefully follow in TAA’s footsteps. Obviously not going to be taking Robbo’s place any time soon but lad seems to have a lot of potential.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1614: Dec 27, 2018 11:50:27 pm
      I must believe that his response to the question was perhaps lost in translation
      Personally I have been impressed by his attitude over the years.
      Yes, he has been at times a liability and made some crucial mistakes but I wouldn’t put him in the bracket of some of the worst signings we have ever made.
      He is though incredibly frustrating at times and I agree with the club not offering a new contract.
      Robbo certainly needs some proper competition for the left back role

Could be right re the translation bit. We’ve made plenty of poor signings over the years but it’s the amount of time Moreno has remained at the club given his ability that has always puzzled me.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1615: Dec 28, 2018 01:01:17 am
      Mistranslated or not, he won’t be our issue next season.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1616: Dec 28, 2018 01:15:25 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCwmjuhaR_A

This is why you scare the sh*t out of the fans when your name is selected in the first team.   Ability wise he isn't the worse player but he makes daft mistakes too often.   
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1617: Dec 28, 2018 01:54:00 am

Doubt it. It was widely reported a few months ago that the club offered Moreno a new, long-term deal. It was actually Moreno refusing to sign it and then the club itself accepting to allow him to leave on a free at the end of the season.

It's all good hoping for Adam Lewis, who apparently is hugely talented, to come good and to be able to push Robertson, but it's not realistic. Imagine going into next season, either as defending champions or pushing for the title again, with only Robertson and Lewis as real LB's. Don't start with Clyne and Milner, you need left-footed players who can contribute offensively and offer width. What happens if Robertson gets injured and Lewis doesn't live up to the expectations straight away?

Looking to get another LB in isn't as easy either. How many good LB's, both defensively and offensively, are there? Look at the other top 6 clubs, bar Spurs none have adequate cover for their LB positions. So basically you'd be looking at spending upwards to ÂŁ30 million to bring in someone who most likely won't be able to push Robertson as he's probably one of the best LB's around right now.

Moreno, while not being the best defender around, is probably as good as it gets in terms of a 'solid' back up without having to almost break the bank to bring in someone else.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1618: Dec 28, 2018 02:53:15 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCwmjuhaR_A

This is why you scare the sh*t out of the fans when your name is selected in the first team.   Ability wise he isn't the worse player but he makes daft mistakes too often.   

You could do the same with any player and show their costly mistakes. Even Stevie.
      Regardless he will be off in the summer if not before and I for one am grateful for his dedication and attitude. He isn’t good enough for the level we are now at but I wish him well. A young player that will do certainly improve.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1619: Dec 28, 2018 06:12:14 am
      Doubt it. It was widely reported a few months ago that the club offered Moreno a new, long-term deal. It was actually Moreno refusing to sign it and then the club itself accepting to allow him to leave on a free at the end of the season.

It's all good hoping for Adam Lewis, who apparently is hugely talented, to come good and to be able to push Robertson, but it's not realistic. Imagine going into next season, either as defending champions or pushing for the title again, with only Robertson and Lewis as real LB's. Don't start with Clyne and Milner, you need left-footed players who can contribute offensively and offer width. What happens if Robertson gets injured and Lewis doesn't live up to the expectations straight away?

Looking to get another LB in isn't as easy either. How many good LB's, both defensively and offensively, are there? Look at the other top 6 clubs, bar Spurs none have adequate cover for their LB positions. So basically you'd be looking at spending upwards to ÂŁ30 million to bring in someone who most likely won't be able to push Robertson as he's probably one of the best LB's around right now.

Moreno, while not being the best defender around, is probably as good as it gets in terms of a 'solid' back up without having to almost break the bank to bring in someone else.

As we seen with Sakho you challenge this Manager it’s bye bye
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1620: Dec 28, 2018 10:26:03 am
      Taxi for Moreno and I don't think he will be short of people offering to drop him off at John Lennon Airport. I take it he has been getting paid whilst not playing how dare players disrespect the club like this tell him to stay away and send him on loan to Tranmere in January.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1621: Dec 28, 2018 01:19:46 pm
      Anagram for Moreno - nomore
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1622: Dec 28, 2018 01:43:11 pm
      We should have sold him, Sturridge and a few others last season, and reinvested the money... Again we are slow to react in the transfer market  >:(
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1623: Dec 28, 2018 03:25:01 pm
      Sometimes slow is better. If he's not causing trouble in the changing room (like stealing soap), Klopp will keep him. Look for him to play in the Cup match.

Klopp said he is always open to talk, but that Albie's attitude in training has been professional.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1624: Dec 28, 2018 09:40:48 pm
      Was already on his way out and this confirms it. Doesn't seem like he's being an issue within the squad though so I expect he'll stay until the summer.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #1625: Dec 29, 2018 11:28:21 am
      Dog him off.

Promote one of the younger lads. Negative attitude never goes down well with JĂźrgen. Still can't believe he's had the cheek to say he's the only one with a sense of humour in the dressing room!

Bell-whop.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1626: Dec 29, 2018 11:46:19 am
      Dog him off.

Promote one of the younger lads. Negative attitude never goes down well with JĂźrgen. Still can't believe he's had the cheek to say he's the only one with a sense of humour in the dressing room!

Bell-whop.

Being a daft cu*ts isn't a sense of humour. I think that's what he struggles to understand.

Walking his dog on his hoverboard isn't particularly funny.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #1627: Dec 29, 2018 12:50:43 pm
      Being a daft cu*ts isn't a sense of humour. I think that's what he struggles to understand.

Walking his dog on his hoverboard isn't particularly funny.

Flipping bottles on the bench led by viral trends.

Shame we weren't able to cash in on him earlier, really.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #1628: Jan 07, 2019 10:06:33 pm
      His value taken a right plummet tonight, must be less than a quid now...;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1629: Jan 07, 2019 10:08:39 pm
      Comedy gold this fella
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #1630: Jan 07, 2019 10:29:37 pm
      This our cover at LB?

Holy shiiiiit.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1631: Jan 07, 2019 10:30:07 pm
      I genuinely don’t know who was worse; Koncheksy or Moreno. I remember Konchesky doing a goal line clearance once for us, so I think Moreno edges it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1632: Jan 07, 2019 10:30:25 pm
      Can we lock this thread and pretend he's not at the club anymore?

Quick Reply