Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Alex Song (FC Barcelona)

Read 11132 times
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Re: Alex Song (FC Barcelona)
      Reply #46: Aug 28, 2014 02:09:30 pm
      Will go back to London, no chance he will come here.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #47: Aug 28, 2014 02:39:55 pm
      Will go back to London, no chance he will come here.

Why not? We're the only Champs league side in England interested in signing him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #48: Aug 28, 2014 03:11:28 pm
      Song is 26?
      I expected him to be a lot older.

We should definitely look to sign him if Lucas is off.
      F**k it, even if Lucas wasn't. It's a good replacement long term for Gerrard.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #49: Aug 28, 2014 03:34:33 pm
      Why not? We're the only Champs league side in England interested in signing him.

Money and lifestyle worth more than CL to some players.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #50: Aug 28, 2014 03:35:44 pm
      Money and lifestyle worth more than CL to some players.

And you're convinced Song is one of those players?
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #51: Aug 28, 2014 03:39:33 pm
      And you're convinced Song is one of those players?

100% loved the London life to much never wanted to leave because of this, they got rid because it affected his game, he would kill to get back to London.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #52: Aug 28, 2014 03:58:15 pm
      100% loved the London life to much never wanted to leave because of this, they got rid because it affected his game, he would kill to get back to London.

You really sound sure of yourself about this. Funny his former manager in London strongly denied everything you allude to after he was sold to Barca.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9487891/Arsenal-did-not-sell-Alex-Song-to-Barcelona-because-of-his-unprofessional-attitude.html
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #53: Aug 28, 2014 04:10:16 pm
      You really sound sure of yourself about this. Funny his former manager in London strongly denied everything you allude to after he was sold to Barca.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9487891/Arsenal-did-not-sell-Alex-Song-to-Barcelona-because-of-his-unprofessional-attitude.html

Sorry if I'm missing something, but that article tends to back what I said, a little confused now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #54: Aug 28, 2014 04:30:27 pm

Sorry if I'm missing something, but that article tends to back what I said, a little confused now.

Apologies misread that article but I have read that Song still stays in touch with Wenger and sees him as a father figure. I doubt this would be the case if he felt Wenger got rid of him for being unprofessional. 

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11833/8166861/barcelona-midfielder-alex-song-claims-arsene-wenger-treated-him-like-a-son
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #55: Aug 28, 2014 04:40:03 pm

Apologies misread that article but I have read that Song still stays in touch with Wenger and sees him as a father figure. I doubt this would be the case if he felt Wenger got rid of him for being unprofessional. 

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11833/8166861/barcelona-midfielder-alex-song-claims-arsene-wenger-treated-him-like-a-son

Fabregas said the same would appear Arsene wants neither back even though they are crying out for a song like player. Don't get me wrong Song I used to think was a good player at Arsenal but his form did drop amid party lifestyle claims, another youngster I seem to remember also showed the same promise frimpong or something similar, he to liked a party.We have taken a gamble with Super Mario I don't think we need another.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #56: Aug 28, 2014 06:33:13 pm
      Fabregas said the same would appear Arsene wants neither back even though they are crying out for a song like player. Don't get me wrong Song I used to think was a good player at Arsenal but his form did drop amid party lifestyle claims, another youngster I seem to remember also showed the same promise frimpong or something similar, he to liked a party.We have taken a gamble with Super Mario I don't think we need another.

They are crying out for Fabregas as well only Wenger was too stubborn to resign him same with Song. I hadn't read before that Song was a party boy so was surprised when you mentioned that. He's 26 now though so he may have outgrown that phase. Fingers crossed Mario has!
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #57: Aug 28, 2014 06:36:40 pm
      They are crying out for Fabregas as well only Wenger was too stubborn to resign him same with Song. I hadn't read before that Song was a party boy so was surprised when you mentioned that. He's 26 now though so he may have outgrown that phase. Fingers crossed Mario has!

Are Arsenal really crying out for a player like Fabregas?

In my opinion creative midfielders are the last thing they need. They need a striker, quality centre back and a full back over another midfielder player.

Liverpool need a player like Fabregas a lot more than Arsenal do.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #58: Aug 28, 2014 09:40:43 pm

In my opinion creative midfielders are the last thing they need. They need a striker, quality centre back and a full back over another midfielder player.

Not a player like Fabregas but Fabregas himself he was incredible at Arsenal especially his last season. He is better than all of Arsenals current midfielders with the exception of Ramsey. If Ramsey gets injured again this season Arsenal are in big trouble.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #59: Aug 28, 2014 09:42:47 pm

Very true
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #60: Aug 28, 2014 09:51:11 pm
      Is Song all that as a defensive/holding midfielder?
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #61: Aug 28, 2014 10:41:10 pm
      Is Song all that as a defensive/holding midfielder?

No. He lacks the tactical intelligence of a top defensive midfielder. He's neat on the ball and athletic but lacks game intelligence. Which is why Barcelona wanted rid almost as soon as they bought him.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #62: Aug 29, 2014 12:31:44 am
      Probably not at the level I would have preferred we signed but still a good player.... probably at a similar level to Lucas before his injuries. Another versatile player so should be an excellent addition to the squad if he signs.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #63: Aug 29, 2014 12:47:59 am
      I think we need to add another addition to help our central midfield, while Song is no world beater we aren't going to sign one within the next 5 days of the transfer window so having Song on loan for a season would be frugal business.

I think he'd be a considerably step up from Lucas (post injury); Song has better passing and mobility, plus his vision of passing is quite good. Defensive he's not perfect but neither is Lucas being brutally honest.

Not sure how much of that is still there as he's had no serious injuries (to my knowledge) but he has lost a lot of game time due to being 2nd or 3rd choice but I think there's a decent player in there who can come and make a very good contribution to the team.

I think it would make good business sense to loan Song for a season, as Barcelona are desperate to get rid of him and it's low risk. He does well, we possibly keep him and sell Lucas, he struggles and he just goes back to Barcelona.

I don't think he's a long term solution though. I think if we want to compete in CL and for PL titles we need a step up in quality but for a season I wouldn't complain.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #64: Aug 29, 2014 07:43:57 am
      I think we need to add another addition to help our central midfield, while Song is no world beater we aren't going to sign one within the next 5 days of the transfer window so having Song on loan for a season would be frugal business.

I think he'd be a considerably step up from Lucas (post injury); Song has better passing and mobility, plus his vision of passing is quite good. Defensive he's not perfect but neither is Lucas being brutally honest.

Not sure how much of that is still there as he's had no serious injuries (to my knowledge) but he has lost a lot of game time due to being 2nd or 3rd choice but I think there's a decent player in there who can come and make a very good contribution to the team.

I think it would make good business sense to loan Song for a season, as Barcelona are desperate to get rid of him and it's low risk. He does well, we possibly keep him and sell Lucas, he struggles and he just goes back to Barcelona.

I don't think he's a long term solution though. I think if we want to compete in CL and for PL titles we need a step up in quality but for a season I wouldn't complain.

yes that make sense....BUT

Barcellona don't want a loan move for him they want to move him permanently
       AC Milan  asked about a loan move for song, but barca refused and song wants a premiere return
       guess if barca refused a loan deal to Italy , they will do the same  here too
       all this according to this article below reporting what the mirror said, and it does not mean its true
      http://www.squawka.com/news/barcelonas-alex-song-eager-to-join-liverpool-reports/167353
      ------------------------------------
      on another note.. vv
      yesterday I was watching sky Italy tv station 'supercalcio tv' which follows all football transfer deals all over Europe
      Ac milan want Torres from Chelsea on loan for 1 or 2 years
      torres wants to join, BUT he don't want to have a pay-cut, he earns 7/8M per year with the chavs
       Milan  don't want to pay as much wages, they only want to pay the player up to 5/6M x year
       So today the player's agent is flying to London to convince the chavs to  paying the rest of torres's wages 
        All this was declared live by one of Milan's official F. Galli
         Never understood these type of deals : paying someone all or part of the wage bill to a player you cannot use, as was Reina's deal with Napoli , if I'm correct

This to give an example how Italian clubs want to do business on transfers, and maybe that's why I personally hate any loan deals with serie A clubs

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Aug 29, 2014 08:12:09 am by carragerrard »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #65: Aug 29, 2014 07:49:06 am
      Sky reporting only Spurs and Hammers were in for him, and the former's interest is now over, leaving Fat Sam as the front runner

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9445035/transfer-news-tottenham-want-danny-welbeck-on-loan-but-end-alex-song-interest
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #66: Aug 29, 2014 01:14:23 pm
      Apparently moving to Galatasaray
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #67: Aug 29, 2014 03:45:04 pm
      Apparently moving to Galatasaray

source?
       last thing I read he is in talks with WH, but I doubt it aswell because WH wants a loan deal and barca want song off there books and song prefers a move to LFC according to Marca,

YNWA

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #68: Aug 29, 2014 06:28:38 pm
      Can't help thinking we are missing a trick with this lad. Really good player IMHO.

Quick Reply