Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

22 Mignolet
      21 (12.4%)
      19 Manquillo
      2 (1.2%)
      02 Johnson
      2 (1.2%)
      37 Skrtel
      4 (2.4%)
      06 Lovren
      24 (14.1%)
      31 Sterling
      80 (47.1%)
      08 Gerrard
      1 (0.6%)
      21 Lucas*
      0 (0%)
      14 Henderson
      32 (18.8%)
      10 Coutinho**
      0 (0%)
      15 Sturridge
      2 (1.2%)
      24 Allen -Sub  63'*
      2 (1.2%)
      09 Lambert -Sub 76'**
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 167

Liverpool 2:1 Southampton. In game and post match relief.

Read 29800 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Re: Liverpool 2:1 Southampton. In game and post match relief.
      Reply #667: Aug 19, 2014 05:39:08 pm
      Skrtel has and will be the scapegoat for us. I understand this goal was a mistake on his part. But nobody seems to be pointing out any other flaws other LFC players have done. Still think he is a quality CB.

Until he scores obviously.

Not such a scapegoat then! It's like the pricks I heard slagging off Lucas on Sunday yet failed to mention what a sh*te game our captain had that do my head in with our support at times.

Like F***ing brainless sheep sometimes.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #668: Aug 19, 2014 05:44:02 pm
      Until he scores obviously.

Not such a scapegoat then! It's like the pricks I heard slagging off Lucas on Sunday yet failed to mention what a sh*te game our captain had that do my head in with our support at times.

Like F***ing brainless sheep sometimes.

Agree HR.

Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #669: Aug 19, 2014 06:24:18 pm
      Couldn't this have gone in the match thread?

Oh yeah and blame Skrtel all you want, remind me again what that lazy c**t Johnson is standing around and watching again, could of easily closed the space down on Clyne.

The reason Johnson was positioned where he was mate, was to be in a position had the thrower looked to get in behind he could have covered that run. What's he supposed to do cover that run aswell as the full back coming inside. Never heard such rubbish, Skrtel should have been a good 4-5 yards further over nearer his partner and let alone stop the goal he'd have stopped Clyne even getting a chance.

I have called for Johnson to be dropped, his form of late has been shocking but blame him for Sundays goal, no.

I opted to make a thread as opposed to your option of putting it in the match thread, as to be honest I'm not into the live thread much, I'd much rather have a discussion in regards players in there player thread. As it was my main point was about the centre back partnership and highlighting why I thought it needed to be discussed I did it this way. I hope this is OK by you!

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #670: Aug 19, 2014 06:47:42 pm
      Lucas, Johnson and Skrtel were all utter sh*te in their goal and could have done a lot more.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #671: Aug 19, 2014 07:06:53 pm
      Going to go off topic here.

I have to confess I had no freakin' idea what MNF analysis was. When I googled* it, I was disappointed. I was hoping for a bit of deviant activity.

Alas, no such luck. Just the title of a pay TV Sky programme. Seriously who gives a flying toss what they think, even if it Carragher?

We are all wise after the event, aren't we?

This is the problem with soccer, sorry football, when all US then. The over analysis of every aspect of every move, pass, fart etc. I suspect they would even analyse the make of boot, and laces if they could, not forgetting it will be coupled with some whooshing sound effects and a copyrighted graphic.

Now I have never watched any of these programmes, so who knows, I may actually like them, but I doubt it.

As for HUYTON RED's 1st comment. Yes it could have.

At the end of the day, (hate that phrase), all that matters is the score when the fat lady sings.

* apparently googled is not a real word, and not in the Google Chrome dictionary.

Quick Reply