Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What will the result be?

Man City win?
      14 (10%)
      Liverpool win?
      78 (55.7%)
      Draw?
      48 (34.3%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pre Match: Manchester City V Liverpool (25th Aug 2014 - 8pm)

Read 16565 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,694 posts | 3713 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Pre Match: Manchester City V Liverpool (25th Aug 2014 - 8pm)
      Reply #138: Aug 24, 2014 02:15:35 pm
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2733092/Liverpool-prepare-Premier-League-showdown-Manchester-City-await-arrival-Mario-Balotelli.html

According to bib theory:

Mignolet

Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno
                      Gerrard

Allen          Henderson
      Sterling                       Coutinho
                     Sturridge
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #139: Aug 24, 2014 02:16:58 pm
      Lallana isn't available, Rodgers has already ruled him out.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #140: Aug 24, 2014 02:17:45 pm
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2733092/Liverpool-prepare-Premier-League-showdown-Manchester-City-await-arrival-Mario-Balotelli.html

According to bib theory:

Mignolet

Gerrard

Allen          Henderson
                     Sturridge

Kin'el, we need the beast in midfield not the midget for this one.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #141: Aug 24, 2014 02:18:42 pm

According to bib theory:

Mignolet

Gerrard

Allen          Henderson
                     Sturridge

F**k sake.

I hope that first photo is just bad timing and Glen is taking it off because Brendan told him he's not playing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #142: Aug 24, 2014 03:49:48 pm
      What c**t gave Chelsea  their fixtures and gave us the hardest first 6 games we could have had.
      Its a great test of how far we have come but our improvement dates back to Jan 2013 so its no flash in the pan .Winning at city would not be a surprise result but its a huge ask all the same.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #143: Aug 24, 2014 03:54:35 pm
      hat c**t gave Chelsea  their fixtures and gave us the hardest first 6 games we could have had.

Chelsea don't have it that easy. They may have had a walk in the park first two games but coming up they have Everton and City away and Arsenal at home.

Anyway, doesn't matter so long as we just keep winning all our games ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #144: Aug 24, 2014 08:14:47 pm
      Voted for a reds win as always, now the lads will raise their game as week, knowing Super Mario is waiting in the wings...
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #145: Aug 24, 2014 09:25:24 pm
      Hope the bib theory is incorrect.

To drop Manquillo is not right, especially when it means a place in the team for Johnson. Hope this isn't a re-occurring thing because it will continue to piss me off (seeing Johnson start) until he gets his sh*t together which is as likely as united winning the F***ing league. Rodgers don't do this to me or the zillion other fans who can see his a pile of w*nk.

Allen and Henderson makes sense imo, need to press, press, press against City, we want to make sure their midfield doesn't settle and control the game and them two are the best two for the job. Hope Coutinho gets to drift im and out of poisitions where as Allen and Hendo will be sitatuted on right and left with Sterling and Cou more narrow in behind Sturridge.

See Markovic being used as an impact sub to help us reach another gear if needed, Allen off and Markovic on with Coutinho playing in a deeper role maybe.

Really confident about this game, think Suarez leaving actually gives us an element of surprise which we used to our advantage last season, think we can do it again this season and make the teams suffer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6381 
      Reply #146: Aug 24, 2014 09:39:40 pm
      No Can and no Manquillo and no Sakho?

Leaves me scratching my head. Why did we pay so much for Sakho if we aren't going to play him?

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #147: Aug 24, 2014 09:42:16 pm

Leaves me scratching my head. Why did we pay so much for Sakho if we aren't going to play him?

Thinking about it again, i said to my mate, i reckon we are going to see different regular sides in accordance to what competition we play. I just have a feeling Can may get more CL games than Pl, same with Sakho.

We needed the depth, we all knew that, we've now combated the issue imo that would be the best way to be as effective as possible with our signings.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,329 posts | 6381 
      Reply #148: Aug 24, 2014 09:46:10 pm
      Thinking about it again, i said to my mate, i reckon we are going to see different regular sides in accordance to what competition we play. I just have a feeling Can may get more CL games than Pl, same with Sakho.

We needed the depth, we all knew that, we've now combated the issue imo that would be the best way to be as effective as possible with our signings.

To me Can looks custom carved from a block of solid lead to play in the Premier League...why he would be out of this game, against one of the better midfields we'll face is puzzling to me. I like Joe Allen, probably moreso than most, but I worry about him having to help contain Toure.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #149: Aug 24, 2014 09:55:34 pm
      To me Can looks custom carved from a block of solid lead to play in the Premier League...why he would be out of this game, against one of the better midfields we'll face is puzzling to me. I like Joe Allen, probably moreso than most, but I worry about him having to help contain Toure.

Hmm, yeah i think Allen and Hendersons pressing game should be enough to contain their midfield, whereas Can i am not sure, not seen enough of him to develop an opinion on his pressing game, but yes man for man Can looks ideal over Allen to contain a player not sure it'd help our midfield as a unit though.

I think Allen has more in him energy wise like Henderson than Can so that might be why. But again not seen enough of Can i am sure if he was given the chance he wouldn't disappoint but i am going with we want to press them as often and as high as possible and Rodgers thinks a duo of Henderson and Allen is more effective in doing that.

IF THE BIB THEORY IS TRUE.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #150: Aug 24, 2014 10:01:28 pm

Probably because BR is trying to ease the new signings into the team gradually so as not to disrupt the dynamic of the team too much.

I suspect Balotelli, Moreno, Lovren, Lallana and possibly Manquillo will be regular starters for us a couple of months down the line, but for the moment it's important that the team stays fairly settled so everyone knows what they're doing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #151: Aug 24, 2014 10:16:57 pm
      To me Can would be the perfect option to break them up tomorrow
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      Reply #152: Aug 24, 2014 11:12:21 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,254 posts | 4932 
      Reply #153: Aug 25, 2014 12:01:14 am

On Sakho Brendan showed last season that he won't change at CB unless injury or drastic drop if form forces his hand.

I expect Skrtel and Lovren to play now until one is injured save for the League Cup where changes will inevitabley be made.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #154: Aug 25, 2014 12:50:49 am
      Regarding bib theory, some photos show Glen with orange and some show yellow. Same with Javi, Can, Ibe and a few others.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #155: Aug 25, 2014 06:57:42 am
      Cant see Brendan dropping Johnson and think he will shift him to right back with Moreno coming in for his debut. Also expect Allen to come in for Lucas.

Massive game and we should have taken 3 points there last season. If Skrtel and Lovren are on top of their game no reason we cant beat the champions and put down a real marker again.

Come on you Mighty Reds!!!

trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #156: Aug 25, 2014 09:03:14 am
      To me Can would be the perfect option to break them up tomorrow

I agree, to me Can looks calmer when pressing a player and when breaking up play. I like Joe Allen he has lots of energy but he is frustrating when pressing a player when he fails to get possession of the ball he jumps straight in on the man and gives away a foul.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #157: Aug 25, 2014 09:18:11 am
      I originally went for a draw but I have changed my prediction to win for us the MIGHTY REDS.I just have a feeling we can do it and get some payback  from City. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #158: Aug 25, 2014 10:05:15 am
      Will be a very tight match,Johnson should be dropped,but will probably start,and we need Allens energy from the start,so Lucas has to make way for him,was really impressed with Allen when he came on against saints,if we can keep a grip on Silva,keep it tight and press the F**k out of them,we have a chance with our forward line to get a result at what is probably the toughest away fixture of the season.COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #159: Aug 25, 2014 10:47:31 am
      No reason why we can't go there and get a win.  We will score.  I think it'll be a really good entertaining game of football.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #160: Aug 25, 2014 10:54:41 am

Players are not getting in the side merely on the transfer fee they commanded, and quite rightly too.

He will get his turn no doubt, and that is why he was bought. Because when it comes there will be no drop in quality.

2 good players in every position!

Quick Reply