Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Malkay Mackay, Cardiff, Vincent Tan etc

Read 4089 times
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Malkay Mackay, Cardiff, Vincent Tan etc
      Reply #23: Aug 23, 2014 04:28:55 pm
      Don't know why anyone would defend him. The LMA are a laughing stock too, or though they are right to call it banter which in it's modern guise is a word often used to excuse this kind of abusive trash.

Tbf he sounded like the ultimate tw*t, I'm surprised a manager could think that way.
      It's a pity because I thought he was a good guy and looked forward to a new manager on the scene, No, he's not what I thought he was and far worse than I could've imagined.
      Who the hell in this world would send texts like that? Answer; no one.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #24: Aug 23, 2014 07:26:12 pm
      Exactly. One mistake doesn't justify another. And I surely expect more from a public, high profile figure than poor men's uneducated opinions

I could take exception that you call these men uneducated .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #25: Aug 23, 2014 07:26:57 pm
      If some of you ever get on to the Kop bring ear plugs.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #26: Aug 23, 2014 07:45:23 pm
      I don't know Mackay never met him but I dislike this era of trial by media and all the people who condem them without knowledge of the facts other than those presented by the media.We above all fans should know how distorted the media can be.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #27: Aug 23, 2014 09:06:11 pm
      I could take exception that you call these men uneducated .

When you hold views that are Anti Semitic, Homophobic, Racist & Sexist then to a degree that would make you uneducated.

Through education barriers & misconceptions are broken down mate.

Times have changed & people's views too should change in a ever changing world.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #28: Aug 24, 2014 12:36:40 am
      I don't know Mackay never met him but I dislike this era of trial by media and all the people who condem them without knowledge of the facts other than those presented by the media.We above all fans should know how distorted the media can be.

He's hardly protested his innocence, in fact quite the opposite.

It's not okay to use homophobic, racist or sexist language. The fact you mention this language being common in public places is a poor reflection on British society. Other users are right to call anyone who does use it uneducated on the these topics. 

That said, I don't think he should be buried and banished from the game. If he showed some genuine contrition, educated himself and became an activist in one of the social movements against these things I'd welcome him back with open arms; I don't think he's hateful just as most people who use this disgusting language aren't, just ignorant which can be addressed.

Quick Reply