Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Mario Balotelli (Liverpool -> Nice)

Read 220896 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: Mario Balotelli Player Thread
      Reply #1426: May 25, 2015 10:28:54 pm
      People who rate what Balotelli has done in the past aren't wrong, it's just he has regressed massively with us. If you believe he can return to his former self fair play, but I just can't see it myself. I think he's just lost that special spark that good strikers have.

I'll be glad to see him go not because I dislike him but because I think it will be good for the club.

Yeah funny how all previously decent players have regressed under Rodgers.
      Lambert
      Lallana
      Markovic
      Moreno

Can't include Lovren for obvious reasons.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1427: May 27, 2015 06:18:24 pm
      great news mario's agent has said he is going nowhere next season....oh hang on thats terrible news
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1428: May 27, 2015 06:19:15 pm
      Yeah funny how all previously decent players have regressed under Rodgers.
      Lambert
      Lallana
      Markovic
      Moreno

Can't include Lovren for obvious reasons.

why didnt he play Adam and Riki you kow the lads who did so well at Southampton together.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #1429: May 27, 2015 06:31:26 pm
      why didnt he play Adam and Riki you kow the lads who did so well at Southampton together.

Because most of the 'new' players seem to have lost thier touch of playing football as soon as they wore the red shirt
       Now if its the manager's tactics,   the owners, the responsability for playing for liverpool, etc etc , I don't know
       the fact is that we were mostly happy with the players coming in before we saw them playing for us

YNWA
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,332 posts | 183 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1430: May 27, 2015 07:51:21 pm
      ;D this suddenly turned into a semiotics forum. Whatever the f**k he means we have no idea, the kid is insane.

BUT since everybody is throwing their interpretations out there i'll throw mine: Balo feels like some kind of chained gladiator waiting for his turn to fight and Anfield is the arena.

Or perhaps i've been watching too much Spartacus.

Or maybe not.

Who knows?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1431: May 27, 2015 08:25:08 pm
      great news mario's agent has said he is going nowhere next season....oh hang on thats terrible news

Balotelli is the new Borini.

Oh wait Borini is still a Liverpool player.

What a cluster F**k!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1432: May 27, 2015 09:39:00 pm
      His tweet was:

"Thanks to Liverpool fans for this year .... I'm loading for next season"

Hopefully he means the boot of the car with his bags ...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1433: May 27, 2015 10:01:27 pm

WTF  ! ?

One goal Mario.   .....  one serious box of frogs that guy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32904961
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1434: May 29, 2015 06:54:14 am
      "I think Mario did adapt," Raiola added. "I can't talk about Brendan Rodgers, obviously that is something for Brendan, but I think Mario did.

what's he actually saying?

BR didn't and couldn't adapt to his talent. we all know it. it's f**king obvious. why do we all keep our heads buried in the sand? i'm ashamed of our "support" and how they've carried on about Balotelli this season, you have all been treating him exactly how you've been trained to treat him by the powers that be who are against this once great club. this once unified club. this once connected, once in touch with its own people club.

i am so ashamed to see fully grown adults trying to hang sh*t on one single player, pretending to themselves that this player did so much wrong this season. just succumbing to whatever the metro fed you that morning and shitting it out in a way you've been brainwashed into thinking is original.

honestly i am shocked to see that GeorgeRed has said the only sensible thing on this page. BR publicly mocked balotelli after his best game for the club. what the f**k was up with that? balotelli f**king loves being here and he's finally at a destination he seems to be proud of. how many players of ours did you see publicly saying anything good about our club? one, mario balotelli. sure he's always on social media but news flash, old timers, he's 24 years old. at least he was always tweeting about how he loves this club and how he's happy to be here. what did we show him in return? you brought up sensationalised stories from 5 years ago about youth teams and darts and his hair and his cars and sh*t to do with inter milan where he was nothing more than a sorry political pawn in a f**king dirty country. so ashamed to see our supporters act like the complete opposite of supporters. balotelli is the epitome of the underdog that i thought us fans would be so proud to back, but instead he was turned on before he did a thing wrong.

how pigheaded are we that we pretend a player becomes sh*t after a season with us? like it's purely his fault? we all know balotelli isn't sh*t yet so many of you like to convince each other of these things. is it just to make yourselves feel better about the state Liverpool is in?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #1435: May 29, 2015 11:40:57 am
      "I think Mario did adapt," Raiola added. "I can't talk about Brendan Rodgers, obviously that is something for Brendan, but I think Mario did.

BR didn't and couldn't adapt to his talent. we all know it. it's f**king obvious. why do we all keep our heads buried in the sand? i'm ashamed of our "support" and how they've carried on about Balotelli this season, you have all been treating him exactly how you've been trained to treat him by the powers that be who are against this once great club. this once unified club. this once connected, once in touch with its own people club.

i am so ashamed to see fully grown adults trying to hang sh*t on one single player, pretending to themselves that this player did so much wrong this season. just succumbing to whatever the metro fed you that morning and shitting it out in a way you've been brainwashed into thinking is original.

honestly i am shocked to see that GeorgeRed has said the only sensible thing on this page. BR publicly mocked balotelli after his best game for the club. what the f**k was up with that? balotelli f**king loves being here and he's finally at a destination he seems to be proud of. how many players of ours did you see publicly saying anything good about our club? one, mario balotelli. sure he's always on social media but news flash, old timers, he's 24 years old. at least he was always tweeting about how he loves this club and how he's happy to be here. what did we show him in return? you brought up sensationalised stories from 5 years ago about youth teams and darts and his hair and his cars and sh*t to do with inter milan where he was nothing more than a sorry political pawn in a f**king dirty country. so ashamed to see our supporters act like the complete opposite of supporters. balotelli is the epitome of the underdog that i thought us fans would be so proud to back, but instead he was turned on before he did a thing wrong.

how pigheaded are we that we pretend a player becomes sh*t after a season with us? like it's purely his fault? we all know balotelli isn't sh*t yet so many of you like to convince each other of these things. is it just to make yourselves feel better about the state Liverpool is in?

I thought Balotelli was overrated before he came to this club.

Now I think he is even more overrated than I first realised.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1436: May 29, 2015 12:25:43 pm
      I would keep him and use him in all our cup,europa games till he starts to play like he cares, i think towards the end he did start to work harder for the team i think BR was a little unfair on him to be honest by chosing sterling over him when DS was out which is bad management. give him one more season as he didnt cost us the world and if he plays better than last season we can then sell on for our money back or more if BR still dont want him.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #1437: Jun 01, 2015 08:05:36 pm

Well said. He's been unfairly treated by most, including the manager. He's not been used efficiently or to his strengths, which clearly isn't his fault. Sturridge and Balotelli can work together effectively, hopefully the manager realises this and has the balls to make it happen.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #1438: Jun 01, 2015 08:14:47 pm
      Poor old Mario must think he has been in no man's land this season, not really given a fair chance under Brendan. Why always me, makes sense in some ways!
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1439: Jun 01, 2015 08:22:22 pm
      Still here Mario? Seriously?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1440: Jun 01, 2015 08:28:09 pm
      Well said. He's been unfairly treated by most, including the manager. He's not been used efficiently or to his strengths, which clearly isn't his fault. Sturridge and Balotelli can work together effectively, hopefully the manager realises this and has the balls to make it happen.

It's hard for anybody to make that happen when Sturridge can't stay fit even for a couple of games.
      Bier
      Reply #1441: Jun 01, 2015 08:31:33 pm
      Mino Raiola, Mario's agent, is an absolute tosser. The worst kind of agent. The kind that can't keep his mouth shut, and loves to create conflict. He's born Italian but has lived in my country all his life. Unfortunately I have to always read or hear about his sh*t in Dutch media, has an opinion on everything. Instead of talking behind closed doors he loves to take the fight to the media. He does it all the time, mid season even.
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2015 08:41:52 pm by Bier »
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1442: Jun 01, 2015 08:41:53 pm
      Mino Raiola, Mario's agent, is an absolute tosser. The worst kind of agent. The kind that can't keep his mouth shut, and loves to create conflict. He's born Italian but has lived in my country all his life. Unfortunately I have to always read or hear about his sh*t in Dutch media, has an opinion on everything. Instead of talking behind closed doors he loves to take the fight to the media.

He can't be anywhere near as bad as Aidy Ward surely??

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1443: Jun 01, 2015 08:41:58 pm
      Mino Raiola, Mario's agent, is an absolute tosser. The worst kind of agent. The kind that can't keep his mouth shut, and loves to create conflict. He's born Italian but has lived in my country all his life. Unfortunately I have to always read or hear about his sh*t in Dutch media, has an opinion on everything. Instead of talking behind closed doors he loves to take the fight to the media.

He's Zlatan's agent too isn't he?

Always see him talking about him I think. Loves to create a storm..

Look at two high profile clients there and see how much they move
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1444: Jun 01, 2015 09:00:53 pm
      Ah. Lest we forget. It took me a while to find on which thread I had that discussion and made the bet with another poster about Balotelli scoring 20 goals, but here it goes:

My initial angry post during the QPR 2-3 LFC game and the conversation that followed:

FT.

We never deserved to win that game and how Balotelli managed to stay until the end is BEYOND me, but hey, 3 points are 3 points, Coutinho saved our asses and I'm glad for it.

Now Balotelli can go f**k himself for all I care.

You can go f**k yourself with comments like that. He'll ram those words down your throat

£50 bet proceeds to the forum Mario Balotelli scores 20 goals this season.

Are you aware that he NEVER scored 20 goals in a season his whole career?

Take the bet then my good man
      20 is ambitious yes but I believe in.

Sure, taken then!

I will happily pay that if he scores that many

Well, he didn't, so it comes to this:

Alfie, the forum is waiting for your 50 pounds!

You're welcome JD. ;D
      Bier
      Reply #1445: Jun 01, 2015 09:03:16 pm
      He can't be anywhere near as bad as Aidy Ward surely??

Oh he is. Even this season, as agent of one of Ajax's talents, Ricardo Kishna. A 20 year old player who just came back from a massive injury and had his succesful breakthrough this season with plenty of playing time. In november Raiola already started saying to media that Kishna was ready for the next adventure, saying Italian football suits him. In december Raiola started publically critising Frank de Boer, by February Raiola was on a talk show on Dutch tv saying Kishna should leave. He's previously been banned at Ajax because of his involvement with the free transfers of Grygera and Maxwell. Raiola kickstarted his career with those two and Zlatan. He did the same to United with Pogba. Also with another Ajax talent Bouy, who also left Ajax on a free transfer in a very unpleasant way and went to Juventus. He is very hated by Dutch football supporters.

And he doesn't just stick to his clients. He's a bit of a megalomaniac. He'll publically criticise any club, coach, player, organisation etc he doesn't agree with in some way. He thinks he's some kind of football visionary. On top of that like I said he is just a tosser. He called Johan Cruijff a demented asshole, for example. Simply because Raiola disagreed with him on how to run a club. He wanted to run for FIFA presidency too.
      « Last Edit: Jun 01, 2015 09:29:09 pm by Bier »
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #1446: Jun 01, 2015 09:48:38 pm
      Oh he is. Even this season, as agent of one of Ajax's talents, Ricardo Kishna. A 20 year old player who just came back from a massive injury and had his succesful breakthrough this season with plenty of playing time. In november Raiola already started saying to media that Kishna was ready for the next adventure, saying Italian football suits him. In december Raiola started publically critising Frank de Boer, by February Raiola was on a talk show on Dutch tv saying Kishna should leave. He's previously been banned at Ajax because of his involvement with the free transfers of Grygera and Maxwell. Raiola kickstarted his career with those two and Zlatan. He did the same to United with Pogba. Also with another Ajax talent Bouy, who also left Ajax on a free transfer in a very unpleasant way and went to Juventus. He is very hated by Dutch football supporters.

And he doesn't just stick to his clients. He's a bit of a megalomaniac. He'll publically criticise any club, coach, player, organisation etc he doesn't agree with in some way. He thinks he's some kind of football visionary. On top of that like I said he is just a tosser. He called Johan Cruijff a demented asshole, for example. Simply because Raiola disagreed with him on how to run a club. He wanted to run for FIFA presidency too.

Fair play. Sounds like you know your stuff. So he's a bit of a tosser then...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1447: Jun 02, 2015 07:55:26 am
      Is he still here?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1448: Jun 02, 2015 08:37:02 am
      this lad best hit the ground running next season like a man possessed by the devil he needs 20 goals minimum

Quick Reply